The Riho Appreciation Club : Discuss all things about Sayashi Riho

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

The Riho Appreciation Club : Discuss all things about Sayashi Riho

Post by Shoujo Q »

The Sayashi Riho Appreciation Club
Former 9th Generation Morning Musume Member and All Around Ace.
Discography
TBA

I'll be doing one of these pages for any current ex-H!P members that are still heavily active in the entertainment world.
Starting with Riho because she just released an EP. Will update more when I have some time.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Re: The Riho Appreciation Club : Discuss all things about Sayashi Riho

Post by MejraThea »

:wub:
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Haven't listened to her new album yet, but the first one topped my spotify wrapped 2021. It's just so good.
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

I'm not gonna lie she wasn't my favorite when she was in the group but I like some of the music she has done by herself!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Finally got around and listened to the album. It's not as strong as her first one imo, but still really solid. Opener and ending track are my favourites.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Been really listening to Reflection this weekend at work, I like the songs ok. I'll like anything Riho sings so not a surprise, but I don't like it near as much as the first one.

And I absolutely hate how they dressed her in the Winding Road MV.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Bumping the best thread! :D/

This isn't really something to write home about, but Riho got a mention in the recent user census on /r/babymetal subreddit, apparently she was the second most popular placeholder dancer that they used in Yui's place (entire census FWIW). I still have some very harsh and bitter words about her (or anyone else) not being picked as a permanent replacement, but that's for another thread.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I understand why you feel that way! haha. Unfortunately, I don't think that was Riho's path. She really enjoyed experiencing new things with BABYMETAL, but she was ultimately on track to make her own thing. I's so clear, watching her first live, how inspired she was by them! Getting two backup dancers of her own. Of course, in this second one she added two more, males, which I think was a bit of a mistake. But she really took what she liked from BABYMETAL and adopted it to her own. :) I watched all the BABYMETAL things with her in it and her dancing was definitely a great addition! Especially the Glastonbury lives. And as we all know I tried to go and see her with them in 2019, but that fell through lol.

Who is this Okazaki character, is there a reason she was the favorite? Or just she was the favorite from Sakura Gakuin?
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Mugi wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:36 pm I'm not gonna lie she wasn't my favorite when she was in the group but I like some of the music she has done by herself!
SAME. who would have thought that letting someone sing in a range they're actually comfortable in would... PRODUCE GREAT VOCALS?

Riho 2.0 is basically like Miyabi 2.0 for me -- didn't like them in their original groups but dig their stuff they did on their own (presumable w more control).
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I think Riho has definitely grown and improved, and she's getting to do things more suited to her is definitely true. She really improved over the course of her MM tenure, too. But live and such to me, she still just sounds like her. Just as wonderful. :wub: Miyabi I haven't heard much of 2.0, but I saw the duet thing she did with a H!P girl the other day and her voice still turns me off just the same.

I'm not active in it, as I'm not active in anything, but FYI for all there is a Riho fan group on discord, mainly made up of all the people she impressed while she danced for Babymetal lol. But they're quite active and chat a lot, if anyone's interested, let me know.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

So Riho is a side character in a J-Drama starring Yamada Ryosuke: Ore no Kawaii wa Mou Sugu Shohikigen!? Ep 1.

And is a main character in a new Stage Play: Surumegaoka wa Hana no Nioi, Riho's comment video.

Third of all her Blu-Ray release RIHO SAYASHI 1st Live & documentary ~DAYBREAK~ on April 6.

Here's hoping she releases her full Reflection concert on disc, too! Definitely want that one too. For anyone who hasn't seen it, you should! It was very impressive for her first full concert tour as a soloist. She has 11 songs.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Madara wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:54 am Extended 26-minute clip from: RIHO SAYASHI 1st LIVE TOUR 2022 Reflection, from Riho's own YT channel.
Five songs, four back-up dancers. She dances a lot in this.

I didn't watch this along with them, time zone and work weekend, but Riho watched it! So anyone who watched it could feel like they were watching it with her, haha.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

So I have an extra copy of her latest EP, Reflection, the LE B (with LE jacket and photo booklet). Does anybody here want it? I'll pay for shipping within the US, so it's truly a gift!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I mean, if no one else wants it, yeah, I'd like it. Thanks!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

It's yours!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Riho danced some of Hey! Say! JUMP's "Koi wo Surunda" on a TikTok with Yamada Ryosuke (Hey!Say!JUMP) and Ohashi Kazuya (Naniwa Danshi).

It's so weird seeing her interact with Johnny's haha, but in a good way. Hopefully brings the public eye to her!