Music Chat Spam

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Re: Music Chat Spam

Post by WonderBuono »

They are such a good group, the only one I don't really care for is Ayaka because I think JYP only liked her for her looks/charm... but I don't really dislike her, I just would have picked Akari to be in the final group over her!
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I've been binge-watching Nizi Project all day and just got done with all of S1 and the first part of S2's 1st episode and my favorite is.... everyone. Really getting to see the effort they did during the Japanese training camp alone and seeing their personalities shine made me really love every single one of them on an almost equal level. This is refreshing for me to actually really enjoy every member of a group!! I'm super stoked to see what S2 will lead me to feel, but I haven't felt this excited and charmed by a group since H!P way back in 2011, so this is totally exciting for me.

@Buononon - I can definitely understand where you're coming from on Ayaka, she definitely (so far, for me) doesn't have the talent like the years, but I like that she was determined to do her best and is self-aware about trying and learning because of her weaknesses. But yeah, the amount of times they went on about her looks and charms, that was a huge factor in it... the "main visual" thing, I think. She's so charmingly "weird" lol... her tennis lesson was ridiculous in the best way.

I think if maybe there were some members that I think more fondly on than others, it probably would Mako, Nina, Maya and Mayuka the most, but it's still hard to put them above the others since I like them all so much, too. But those 4, I really love their personalities, stories, performances, etc. Before when I first posted, I was just going off my general first impressions from the Make You Happy MV, but now really seeing and getting to know them more, I was most blown away (in terms of first impression) by Mako. She was SO good, and she's just such a wonderful person. The way she cheered on every single person during the tests and selflessly helped her team during the Japan Showcase showed that she's a wonderful leader and person overall.

But really, I could gush for pages about every one of them. I really am falling in love with them, episode by episode. I'm happy to find a new group that I'm actually super excited about for the first time in almost "forever" for me.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="220699" data-time="1595210649">
They are such a good group, the only one I don't really care for is Ayaka because I think JYP only liked her for her looks/charm... but I don't really dislike her, I just would have picked Akari to be in the final group over her!</blockquote>
She also ranked highest in personality from the trainers and other members, so I think the behind the scenes factor were a big help for her!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
I've been binge-watching Nizi Project all day and just got done with all of S1 and the first part of S2's 1st episode and my favorite is.... everyone. Really getting to see the effort they did during the Japanese training camp alone and seeing their personalities shine made me really love every single one of them on an almost equal level. This is refreshing for me to actually really enjoy every member of a group!! I'm super stoked to see what S2 will lead me to feel, but I haven't felt this excited and charmed by a group since H!P way back in 2011, so this is totally exciting for me.

@Buononon - I can definitely understand where you're coming from on Ayaka, she definitely (so far, for me) doesn't have the talent like the years, but I like that she was determined to do her best and is self-aware about trying and learning because of her weaknesses. But yeah, the amount of times they went on about her looks and charms, that was a huge factor in it... the "main visual" thing, I think. She's so charmingly "weird" lol... her tennis lesson was ridiculous in the best way.

I think if maybe there were some members that I think more fondly on than others, it probably would Mako, Nina, Maya and Mayuka the most, but it's still hard to put them above the others since I like them all so much, too. But those 4, I really love their personalities, stories, performances, etc. Before when I first posted, I was just going off my general first impressions from the Make You Happy MV, but now really seeing and getting to know them more, I was most blown away (in terms of first impression) by Mako. She was SO good, and she's just such a wonderful person. The way she cheered on every single person during the tests and selflessly helped her team during the Japan Showcase showed that she's a wonderful leader and person overall.

But really, I could gush for pages about every one of them. I really am falling in love with them, episode by episode. I'm happy to find a new group that I'm actually super excited about for the first time in almost "forever" for me.
[/quote]
This makes me excited for you! I love them so much and I wish we could have another show about them because I miss watching them every day lol. Personally, listening to them and watching Nizi Project left me feeling inspired, which I know is silly but it was so much fun watching those girls chase their dreams and I feel like a proud sister watching Make You Happy. :D
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I was binge watching part two today only to find out episode six doesn’t have subs in English ????????
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="220704" data-time="1595230657">
I was binge watching part two today only to find out episode six doesn’t have subs in English ????????</blockquote>
There’s an unofficial channel that has it. The translation kinda sucks but it works lol.

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/zcbN6V9mEGo' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/zcbN6V9mEGo</a>

This episode is 100% skippable though, it’s just them playing games and screaming haha
Last edited by WonderBuono on Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Life saver! Also I’m really sad Akari didn’t make it to the final lineup I really like her :(
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Akari kind of had a dark sexy vibe when performing, so I feel like she didn’t have the image JYP(person) was looking for in the end.

I wonder if Akari and Riria are still training with JYP(company). I know Yuna is.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I hope they are because I had high hopes for both of them after their auditions!
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Finally finished Nizi Project and it was amazing!! I loved everyone, and love all the final members of NiziU equally now. Before I had slight fondness, but now I have nothing but respect for the final 9 as well as Riria, Akari and Yuna. I felt like Momoka kind of checked out and while she was nice, she just didn't... seem to really be into it after a point, and she always looked so down like she was feeling the same way. I think she fell into a slump like Yuna did but just couldn't pull herself back out. It might've been "easier" for Yuna with her past record of excellence to look back on where Momoka felt like she had nothing. I felt sad for her.  :sad:

I feel, for certain, all 9 of them are amazing and I'm so excited to see their growth. And I certainly hope to see Riria, Akari, and Yuna around!!! Yuna's rap is FIRE for me, lol... I love Rima and Mayuka's rapping too but I thought when Yuna bust out with that confidence and that rap that it was SO badass, especially knowing where she was struggling with confidence.

I can't wait to follow them along their journey.  :wub:
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

If I remember correctly we have some SPEED fans here.
Looks like they're releasing... something. And if you go to their website there's a countdown.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

It was an announcement of an announcement for something on the 13th. Probably a 25th anniversary compilation, but I'm not sure anybody's asking for that anymore, TBH.
Last edited by Zoe on Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

My favorite VTuber/VSinger just announced her second EP during her latest stream.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HZ9gAiIoAw

Her debut song is an absolute banger and has been my ringtone ever since I heard it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDyZ3VgjcCE
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I spent 2021 getting into THE COINLOCKERS only to have my heart stomped on by them disbanding at the end of the year. I'm so bummed. :veins:
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The coinlockers disbanding was such a disappointment. They had some good songs.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I've been into a few songs lately.... if anyone's heard of Falling in Reverse, he rereleased a couple songs he put out 10 yeas ago, re-envisioned them. I suggest you take a look at the original first, and then the new one to see how much genius was put into the redo! Revamped especially is a masterpiece.

The Drug in Me is You - The Drug in Me is Reimagined

I'm Not a Vampire - I'm Not a Vampire (Revamped)

He also put out Zombified recently which is pretty fucking nice.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

BABYMETAL just dropped this.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I don’t know if I’m gonna like this side. They teasing a VR route? (Which is the worst option)

Or April Fools joke?
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Maybe a VTuber?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

This has been a worm ever since I heard it. So of course I naturally had to dive deep to find answers if I find something I like and this is what I found and it isn't much.

Paripi Kōmei (Ya Boy Kongming!) Opening - Chikichiki BanBan (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) by QUEENDOM
Not to be confused with the name of the Korean show (google really wasn't helpful when it came to finding out the info I needed.)

This Avex group is made up of hibiki (Kouketsu Hibiki) and moca (Asada Moca) from lol, Akina (Johnson Akina) and Taki from FAKY, and Maria Kaneya from GENIC.

It's a cover of Jolly - Bulikirályv

And that's all I got.

They released a digital version of the TV edit. And that's all I can live off till they decide to release a full version.

And this is one reason I don't like Avex. :ph34r:
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

Oh man getting way back into Sandaime J Soul Brothers. So many good songs!! Ripping into RYUSEI and ORION in the car at 7am in the sunshine is an absolute vibe.

I'd love to try and see them live when I get to Japan next. I bet their concerts are insane fun in person.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Been listening to a lot of L'arc~en~ciel as well as Hyde and his VAMP stuff. He's got such a great voice and his English is pretty damn good now! I was borderline shocked actually.

This song really impressed me. The MVs a little cheesy though. :hahaha:

freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

Omg LDH is getting a new girl group!!!! Apparently Hiroomi from JSB will be producing them? FLOWER were insanely good so I'm excited to see how this one goes. Hopefully they can keep a long-term stable line lineup.

I'm watching the auditions and they are BRUTAL. They seem to be going for a more kpoppy feel but I really hope they don't lose that lovely EXILE style sound.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Somehow completely missed this... :(
https://www.npr.org/2022/05/19/1100133193/vangelis-dead
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

"Mixed Nuts" by Official HIGE DANdism is straight fucking fire.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

The fangirl in me is screaming a little bit right now.
YOSHIKI (X-JAPAN), HYDE (L'Arc~en~Ciel), SUGIZO (LUNA SEA / X-JAPAN), and MIYAVI all announced via their respective SNS accounts that they will be making a big announcement via live stream on November 11 at 12:00 noon JST.

YOSHIKI, who is based in Los Angeles, first tweeted, "I will be heading to Japan after this..." Later, he revealed that he will be holding a press conference to make a big announcement that will be streamed live on YouTube and Nico Nico Namahousou. He continued on to tweet, "Maybe my life will change a little," and "Hope my fans will support my decision."

Similarly, HYDE announced, "Big Announcement Live Broadcast Friday, November 11 HYDE CHANNEL On Air!" "Appearance by HYDE, others."

SUGIZO also reported, "On Friday, November 11 from 12:00 SugizoTube Vol.37 Live Broadcast! SUGIZO will hold a press conference to make a big announcement! A big announcement regarding his future."

Finally, MIYAVI tweeted that a live broadcast will take place at the same time on YouTube with the hashtags #生配信 (#LiveStream) and #重大発表 (#BigAnnouncement).

News

I hope it's something good.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Man, I remember these names. Gotta send this to my friend who used to be a big visual kei fan.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

HUHHHHHHHHHHHHH
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

New super group?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

YOSHIKI, HYDE, SUGIZO & MIYAVI form a new band 'The Last Rockstars'

Source
They will be doing shows in Japan and the US.