[2022.11.23] Juice=Juice - Zenbu Kakete GO!/Eenie Meenie Miny Moe ~Koi no Rival Sengen~

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

[2022.11.23] Juice=Juice - Zenbu Kakete GO!/Eenie Meenie Miny Moe ~Koi no Rival Sengen~

Post by DonJuan »

Finally.
Announced at today's concert, confirmed on the website.

Zenbu Kakete GO!/Eenie Meenie Miny Moe ~Koi no Rival Sengen
全部賭けてGO!!/イニミニマニモ~恋のライバル宣言~

More infos to come. Eenie Meenie has been performed at today's concert.
Last edited by DonJuan on Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2022.11.23] Juice=Juice - Zenbu Kakete GO!/Eenie Meenie Miny Moe ~Koi no Rival Sengen

Post by JPope »

Excellent! Hope it's better than the new Anju!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [2022.11.23] Juice=Juice - Zenbu Kakete GO!/Eenie Meenie Miny Moe ~Koi no Rival Sengen~

Post by DonJuan »

Radio preview of Eenie meenie. It sounds kind of retro, cute and fun. Not that catchy at first listen, but I don't dislike it.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2022.11.23] Juice=Juice - Zenbu Kakete GO!/Eenie Meenie Miny Moe ~Koi no Rival Sengen~

Post by JPope »

Definitely a 70s blue-eyed R&B vibe. I dig it.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

MV for Eeny Meeny Miny Moe ~Koi no Rival Sengen~ is out! -
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

^Fixed the link for you.

It’s cute when H!P try to pull off a high end style MV with a “storyline”.

It’s just so outside their wheelhouse that it’s refreshing but at the same time, pretty darn cheesy.

But I love it. It’s cute.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Exactly my thoughts! :lol:
This is super cute, a bit over the top, but adorable. Ichioka and Risa are such a cute pair! Also dang, Sakura is really pretty.

I do think the rest of the members did feel a bit out of place though :hahaha:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

My immediate reaction was "which Swedes wrote and arranged this gem?" It's so 3rd-wave K-pop in the best possible way. The MV acting is over the top, but unlike Anju's latest, it's not cringy, it's endearing. This is really awesome.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I've been humming Eenie Meenie Miny Moe and have come to the conclusion I'm a bubble pop junky.

This reminds me of Orange Caramel/Girl's Day early 2010s era kpop. And that was my favorite era.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Zenbu Kakete GO! preview.
Juice going full retro.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Oh wow. Yeah I like this single.

I was so set on just putting Juice away for awhile because I lost so many of my top tier members but they went and showed me no, I can’t leave. They gave my bubble pop and a lot funk. I’m digging it.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Man, it's been a while since H!P has given us a good Motown rip-off, and this is really good.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Performance of Zenbu Kakete GO!.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Zenbu Kakete GO! full PV

Not exactly a groundbreaking video, but it's well shot and looks good. The quick-cut dance solo bit at the end is pretty great, too.

As for the song, Diana Ross's "Upside Down" is a great touchstone for J=J, even with most of the funk grime polished out for the current lineup (I think the pre-2021 lineup could've pulled off a grimy version of this). I feel like the auto-tune is a bit heavy across the board, though. It's too slick, too perfect. Overall, though, this is my favorite of H!P's 2022 2nd round singles so far.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Oh yeah, it's a rather simple video but I agree: Well shot. You know, that's what really bothered me with H!P when they didn't put any energy into their videos: you don't need a plot or props or anything, you just need to make it look smooth. It worked with this video.

I'm just glad that the one single Juice gets this year isn't a desaster, and it really isn't; it's pretty damn good, might be even my favourite this year.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

http://helloproject.com/release/detail/HKCN-50742/ - Covers are also out, they were released when the PV uploaded.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

#3 on their first day with 33k sold.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

That seemed low at first, but it's pretty much what J=J has done since covid. They're H!P's worst selling group, which I guess some group has to be, but it still bums me out because this is a really good single.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

They also haven't really done events. I mean, yeah, covid, but also less online stuff than the bigger sellers.
In fact, Juice and Anju are definitely holding back on those in general. No surprise that they're selling worse than the other groups.

However, it seems like they're planning something for late December. Aarii hasn't gotten a birthday event and it will be pushed into January. Considering that Ayumi already has announced hers for January 11 Juice seems to be busy.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

It seems odd to me that TF gets a YT show while getting screwed with their albums being glorified singles collections, but Anju and J=J have hardly any online presence beyond the various general UF channels, yet their albums are more serious efforts.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah. In general they seem to market Tsubaki much better though, and to be fair I did enjoy their last album lol. The few new songs they had were pretty good, especially Dakara Nannanda. But it definitely shows the different management teams H!P has between the groups.