Music Chat Spam

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: Music Chat Spam

Post by DonJuan »

So it IS the new super group lol
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I mean, it had to be. :lol: I wasn't a huge VK fan back in the day, but having heard some stuff from all of these bands after the fact, I'm kind of low-key jacked for this. And it's a really great band name considering how dead Rock is as a genre in 2022. I really wanted Judy and Mary to be the band that did this, but I think that window has shut completely, so this will do. I bet Nagata is super pumped for this. :lol:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Don't know if anyone besides me missed THE LAST ROCKSTARS debut release

"THE LAST ROCKSTARS (PARIS MIX)"

All English lyrics is a bit of a surprise, but I mostly dig the song. The "Bigadan bigadan ban ban ban" bit is a little cheesy, and the modern production is a tad soulless, but the rest of it has just enough turn of the century VK feel to make those things not so annoying. The bridge is really fantastic.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Oh, that's sweet. Pretty damn good for a comeback.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

AHHHH! I missed this release.

I was surprised at how well Hyde spoke english. I think it was his VAMPS stuff that had me like, oh? He's pretty good. And a lot of his solo stuff is in english. I already know that Miyavi and Yoshki knew english. That just leaves Sugizo.

I want more now.

They don't look bad for a bunch of 50* year olds. (*Miyavi is in his 40s)

It's amazing what a little makeup and photoshop can do? Yoshiki does NOT look 57.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Yoshiki has definitely aged better than Makoto. :lol:
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

He is WHAT?!
Damn, I want to age like he did lol
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Rick Beato had Marty Friedman on his channel for a wide-ranging hour-long interview that included a conversation about the differences between Japanese and Western pop.

A few of us who've been following Beato for years have been trying to get him to check out J-pop, because everything he misses about Western pop is still at the core of J-pop. Marty might have finally cracked through the wall.

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I recently discovered Atarashii Gakkou no Leaders! I actually found them a couple of years ago, thought they were weird but intriguing and then forgot them. This week I found their song Otona Blue, which I really like. Their newest single Maningen is good too, but they are extremely hit and miss to me. Anyway, I was very impressed by their The First Take performance of Otona Blue.