[2023.07.26] OCHA NORMA - Chotto Joucho Fuantei?...Natsu / Ocha no ma Mahoroba Ikoinoba / Shekenaare / Yoridori ME DREAM

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

[2023.07.26] OCHA NORMA - Chotto Joucho Fuantei?...Natsu / Ocha no ma Mahoroba Ikoinoba / Shekenaare / Yoridori ME DREAM

Post by Solarblade »

Two weeks ago, a video was posted about their First Live Tour being released on Blu-Ray, but at the end, their 3rd single was announced, though no information was given, Yoridori ME DREAM was playing in the background which could be a hint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONqWsHG5XVA
Last edited by Solarblade on Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Re: [2023.??.??] OCHA NORMA - untitled

Post by Solarblade »

While it isn't confirmed to be a part of their next single, the big announcement from Hello Dream was that they'll be doing an Ending Theme for the anime, Shadowverse F with the song "Shekenaare" (シェケナーレ). Anime will be premiering in July

Also some of the members will do guest roles on said anime, but they'll audition to decide who (not all of them will do it).
Solarblade
ANGERME

Re: [2023.07.26] OCHA NORMA - Quad A-side, Too long title XD

Post by Solarblade »

Announced today during OCHA NORMA & Kenshuusei's performance at Nakano Sun Plaza, OCHA is releasing a quad A-side single! (The first in H!P?)

Chotto Joucho Fuantei?...Natsu / Ocha no ma Mahoroba Ikoinoba ~Showa mo Reiwa wa mo Watchawacha~ / Shekenaare / Yoridori ME DREAM (ちょっと情緒不安定?・・・夏 / オチャノマ マホロバ イコイノバ〜昭和も令和もワッチャワチャ〜 / シェケナーレ / ヨリドリ ME DREAM)

Also announced is the MV for Chotto Joucho Fuantei?...Natsu later today

"Chotto Joucho Fuantei? ...Natsu" Lyrics and Composed by Hirose Kohmi and arranged by Sumikama Tomohiro

"Ocha no ma Mahoroba Ikoinoba ~Showa mo Reiwa wa mo Watchawacha~" Lyrics and Composed by Hoshibe Sho and arranged by Okubo Kaoru

http://helloproject.com/release/detail/EPCE-7757/ - Covers are out as well!......no B-sides, so there's still unreleased songs.
Last edited by Solarblade on Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

MV for Chotto Joucho Fuantei?...Natsu

Standard summer idol MV here.
Going for a viral TikTok dance moment in the chorus.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

"Quad A-side" is absolutely ridiculous, but I give them credit for trying something different. I wonder why they didn't just add the unreleased songs and make it a full album, although I suppose that''ll be their next release this winter. My first reaction when I saw "Quad A-side" was skepticism that there would be four A-side worthy songs on this, and "Chotto Joucho Fuantei?...Natsu" pretty much solidifies that for me. It's cute, but not super catchy or interesting. It feels more like a vehicle for the video than a stand alone song to me. And I hate that sax solo, lol.
Shoujo Q wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:44 am Going for a viral TikTok dance moment in the chorus.
I watched the video before reading this and didn't think anything of the chorus choreo, but you're right, they're definitely trawling for TikTok covers. :lol:
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I’m having maybe too high hopes for a title called Ocha no ma Mahoroba Ikoinoba ~Showa mo Reiwa wa mo Watchawacha~. But the cover outfits aren’t helping me not get hyped.

But this is H!P and I’ve been burned before. But I’m going to call it early and say that’s going to be my favorite song on the EP. I mean quad-single.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Solarblade wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:42 am http://helloproject.com/release/detail/EPCE-7757/ - Covers are out as well!......no B-sides, so there's still unreleased songs.
OCHA has been getting the most consistently good cover art in H!P since their debut. Every one of these covers is a winner.

Limiteds

Regulars

It looks like OCHA has graduated to the Casual Chic costume stage.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Water gan.

While Ocha felt like THE H!P group with their last single this song is basically the most un-H!P thing the company has done in... forever. This looks (and sounds) more like what any other idol group would release in summer (and basically the closest we'll ever get to a bikini MV ever since they stopped doing them for their Alo Hello releases).

I... should be happy for Ocha to get a fun MV and four a-sides. But I'm pretty pissy ngl lol. And yes, it's pure jealousy. We wait forever for any kind of content the other groups get, then some of that is incredibly low-budget, and now they blow a quadrouple a-side with budget on Ocha. I get that they have to promote the new group, but as we know Up Front this will all be over once the new KSS unit debutes next year. It's all so predictable.

But if they really want their 10 days of tiktok fame they need a catchier tune.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I am happy for OCHA. I know the natives are getting restless for new MM content, but 7-8 months between releases has become the norm in H!P, including OCHA. The Quad A-side is a gimmick which makes more sense for a newer group, but I can see how it might rub fans of other groups the wrong way.
DonJuan wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:31 pm But if they really want their 10 days of tiktok fame they need a catchier tune.
Yup.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I just feel it's wasted if they don't make it *really* good. We don't need 4 somewhat good songs. We need something that goes super viral.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

"Watcha Wacha" short preview.

I'm more into this -- not super catchy right off the rip, but nice and funky, and feels like it will grow on me.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

YUP!

I knew I'd like it more.

This is going to eventually be a fun concert song. The hype!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

MV for Yoridori ME DREAM

It's a cute song, I like it. But, seriously. The MV is so generic and boring. I would have gone in a different direction with it. But with 4 songs to release as part of a single. Some of these MVs are going to suffer and this was clearly a throw away song that would have been stronger with another group. Once upon a time, Beyooooonds would have gotten this song. (Kinda wish they did.)
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

God can't they stick to one style for a single song for once please? The rap threw me off.
The MV kind of reminds me of Team Syachi, or rather their earlier stuff, on low budget. It's quite cute. But to me the song itself is super generic :lol:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

One of the problems with doing a quad A-side is that you know there won't be enough budgeted to produce four actual A-side quality song/video packages, so at least one is gonna feel like filler, or in this case, two of them. This song is cute, as is its welfare MV, and if it were promoted as a B-side I'd have nothing critical to say about it. But UF is promoting this as an A-side, and it just doesn't rise to that level for me. The other two songs had better be really good, because they've got some heavy lifting to do on this release.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Short version of "Shekenaare" leads off the latest HaroSute.

Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Here's the full PV for Shekenaare

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

This has to be one of the most overwhelmingly "cute" releases from H!P in a while. None of the songs blow me away so far -- although "Shekenaare" comes close -- but I do think there is a largely unmet desire for this sort of music within the H!P fandom. So even though it's not my favorite, I think this will be a pretty successful release for the group.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

- PV for Ocha no ma Mahoroba Ikoinoba ~Showa mo Reiwa wa mo Watchawacha~

JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2023.07.26] OCHA NORMA - Chotto Joucho Fuantei?...Natsu / Ocha no ma Mahoroba Ikoinoba... / Shekenaare / Yoridori

Post by JPope »

This is the good stuff. It looks like they're going for the world record of most singles with the group name in the lyrics, but this is a fun song. The video is pretty econo, but also pretty fun. I think I now have material for a new blog header/sig, lol.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [2023.07.26] OCHA NORMA - Chotto Joucho Fuantei?...Natsu / Ocha no ma Mahoroba Ikoinoba... / Shekenaare / Yoridori

Post by DonJuan »

DonJuan wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:43 am God can't they stick to one style for a single song for once please? The rap threw me off.
It's honestly starting to piss me off.
The MV is a lot of fun and I like many parts of the song, but I feel like I'm having a stroke watching/listenting to it.