Dan O'Bannon dead at 63

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

aine
ANGERME

Dan O'Bannon dead at 63

Post by aine »

Excellent Genre Writer Dan O'Bannon, Dead at 63

by Scott Weinberg Dec 18th 2009 // 4:32PM

If you're of my approximate generation and you enjoy pretty much the same flicks I do, then I'm sorry to say you've lost a hero this week. Dan O'Bannon, a multi-talented filmmaker with a strong affection for science fiction and horror films, passed away yesterday at the age of 63. The man will always hold a special place in my heart for one simple reason: He wrote A L I E N, which (as you probably know) is my favorite movie of all time. Mr. O'Bannon also penned a very fine Philip K. Dick adaptation of Total Recall; a kooky remake of Invaders from Mars; the high-tech helicopter thriller Blue Thunder; the adorably insane Lifeforce; John Carpenter's debut film Dark Star; the quietly creepy Dead & Buried; and the zombie classic The Return of the Living Dead (which was also his directorial debut.)

Any movie geek who grew up in the '80s knew O'Bannon's work, and I think it's safe to say that we're very sad about the news of his sudden demise. Our best to Dan's friends and family, and of course we send a virtual bouquet of eternal gratitude for all the fun flicks. Dan O'Bannon will be missed, especially nowadays with sci-fi coming back as "cool" again.
(source)

The above is pretty much exactly my feelings, he was involved in most of the faves of my childhood, including the all-time and unbeatable favourite Alien. Sad times. Crohn's disease = not fun. RIP.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~