Who's Goda Kyodai?

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

Who's Goda Kyodai?

Post by Madara »

There are two bonus tracks on Petit Best 10 DVD.

The second has an in-studio performance of "Bye Bye" sung by Mai Satoda and Goda Kyodai.

I've never seen Goda Kyodai before. Who is she?
Ap2000
つんく♂

Re: Who's Goda Kyodai?

Post by Ap2000 »

Googling the name + "wiki" leads to the wikipedia entry of Misono and there are several paragraphs about it:

In October 2008, Misono released her 11th single, "Kazoku no Hi/Aburazemi Mesu". In November 2008, Misono collaborated with Mai Satoda, Toshifumi Fujimoto as Goda Kyodai on a Christmas single called, "Mō Sugu Christmas." The single went to #3 on the Oricon single charts.

In January 2009, Misono, Satoda, and Fujimoto as Goda Kyodai released a second single together called, "Bye Bye". It peaked at #4 on the Oricon single charts.

In June 2009, Misono, Satoda, Ranko Kanbe, and Fujimoto as Goda Kazoku, released another single together called, "I Believe: Yume o Kanaeru Mahō no Kotoba/Don't Leave Me". On September 23, 2009, Misono will release both her second compilation album Cover Album and her fourteenth single "Urusei Yatsura no Theme: Lum no Love Song".

In November 2009, Misono will release another double A-side single titled "Watashi Iro/Bokura Style". This single will also have a third track titled "Gelande ga Tokeru Hodo Koishitai" as well as its instrumental and a video for "Bokura Style". In December 2009, Misono, Satoda, Kanbe, and Fujimoto as Goda Kazoku will release an album together, Mai Satoda with Goda Kazoku.

Which is really weird.

I have no idea what goda kyodai is supposed to mean either, because kyodai means "huge", but I've never heard of goda and jlex.org doesn't know it either.

Seems like some kind of collaboration. Maybe somebody else can explain it.
ayaya chan
Kenshuusei

Post by ayaya chan »

For this group it's kyoudai which means brothers.

And according to japanese wiki, it's Goda because Misono and Fujimoto are somewhat similar to Jaian (Gian?) and Jaiko Goda, some Doraemon characters. They just changed the kanji for the group name.
koolmon
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by koolmon »

They're just another sub-group from the show Quiz! Hexagon 2. It's where Yaguchi Mari's singles stem from and Satoda Mai's prior sub-group, Pabo, originated.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

Goddamn K-Yofatassisgonnamakemedai