Maki Goto's mom has killed herself

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

AEUGNewtype
ANGERME

Re: Maki Goto's mom has killed herself

Post by AEUGNewtype »

[quote name='Al Kusanagi' post='74763' date='Jan 28 2010, 08:56 PM']To be fair, Japanese buildings follow no logic. My house in Japan had a full-sized sliding window, like a patio door, in the bedroom on the second floor that opened directly to a six inch ledge that supported the second floor air-conditioning unit, with no railing whatsoever, leading to a 20 foot drop straight down onto an asphalt road.[/quote]

It kinda looked this way from the pictures of their building, but I it wasn't terribly apparent. I don't know what logic goes into this kind of building design, that's why my mind couldn't even process that someone could fall out of a window, I was really thinking within the realm of American/European architecture.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote name='swiggy' post='74761' date='Jan 28 2010, 06:20 PM']Poor thing, I hope her and her family will be okay. It's not easy to lose a close loved one -- mother especially. I only wish her a quick and peaceful mental recovery.

Can anyone give me the gist of what Maki's message was on this clip at 5:38 to 6:09? I understand a bit -- thank you very, very much for your support and kindness at the end... But not the beginning. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

They asked Yoshizawa if she had heard from Maki. Maki said thanks for coming and that that her mom also would be happy that she came. Yoshizawa noted that Maki said it like, something Maki would say (itsumo gochin-rashiku). She also said that Maki is a really strong person who doesn't show her weaknesses in front of others but on the other hand, they all know that about Maki and they all want to support her.

Edit: UH wrong video. Let me watch clip 2 now and I'll update.

"Today, with many people I could see my mother and was also finally able to feel at peace just a bit. It is a lively/noisy place but as it is my beloved mother, she would certainly be happy. From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate your kind feelings. Thank you very very much. Goto Maki."

The reporters note that she was by her mom's side whole time, without eating or sleeping.

Edit x2: It seems her whole note is shown at the end of the clip.

Of course she begins by apologizing/thanking fans and work-related peoples who have been worrying about her. I don't really know what she means but it being such a noisy place (nigiyakana ba). Maybe she's referring to the media circus?
Last edited by eri on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I think she means her mother liked lively places, and having all the people there would have made her happy.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
AEUGNewtype
ANGERME

Post by AEUGNewtype »

Tsunku also made an official blog entry about the funeral. He doesn't go into a whole lot of detail that we didn't already know from the news report videos, but he dedicated his entire entry to it. He basically just says he was fairly speechless at the event, he didn't really know what to say to make anyone feel better, but Maki kept her composure pretty well. He said he's glad all the other H!P girls came to support her, even though she's not a part of H!P anymore and even though it was for a sad and bitter reason. Good luck, etc.

http://ameblo.jp/tsunku-blog/

Entry from January 28th.