Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

showraniy
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2017 ~Dancing Mode~

Post by showraniy »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="202121" data-time="1478882546">
<div>
Oda's gorgeous no matter what hairstyle, but that one is very lovely on her. I'll never understand wota not finding her pretty.
[/quote]

Me either, but I think she looks so much better without bangs.

</div>
</blockquote>

Oh yeah, she definitely looks amazing without bangs, but I think she's going for a much girlier feel the last few years. She's cutesied up her vocal delivery in songs, and even her pose in that photo is very ~pretty/cutesy~. Regardless of what I think suits her better, the hairstyle in the photo is still nice on her though!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Ever since Musume's last musical, all I can see is Hagiwara Mai when I look at Sakura. It's usually when her eyebags are especially puffy that it happens. The bangs aren't helping matters. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I've got a new blog entry up, occasioned by the overwhelming number of new concerts I'm trying to keep track of while recognizing the need to go back and re-watch many of the older ones from roughly 2007-2013, most of which I've only seen once. Basically, the current state of my H!P fandom.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

That's more than I've seen, Madara!

Iikubo Haruna 22nd birthday (11/7) birthday event @ Tokyo FM Hall 11/14/16
1st event
fan participation games with Harunan : gesture song game (fans do gesture to lyrics on the screen, Harunan tries to guess the song).
pedometer game (fan shake a pedometer against Harunan)
MC corner
Guest Country Girls Morito Chisaki
1.Romance (Morning Musume.)
2.Zutto Suki de ii desu ka (Matsuura Aya)
MC
3.Balalaika (Tsukishima Kirari)
4.Doki Doki Baby (Mano Erina)

2nd event - same setlist
VTR message from Kobushi Factory Inoue Rei

Chisaki and Rei seem odd features to me but maybe Haruna is close with them.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
That's more than I've seen, Madara!

Iikubo Haruna 22nd birthday (11/7) birthday event @ Tokyo FM Hall 11/14/16
1st event
fan participation games with Harunan : gesture song game (fans do gesture to lyrics on the screen, Harunan tries to guess the song).
pedometer game (fan shake a pedometer against Harunan)
MC corner
1.Romance (Morning Musume.)
MC
3.Balalaika (Tsukishima Kirari)
4.Doki Doki Baby (Mano Erina)

2nd event - same setlist
VTR message from Kobushi Factory Inoue Rei

Chisaki and Rei seem odd features to me but maybe Haruna is close with them.
[/quote]

Harunan is a big fan of ReiRei... She thinks she's super cute and gets nervous around her. Here's from her last birthday event~
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Anderei"]
[/quote]

Oh dear.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="arcobaleno"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="202210" data-time="1479177251">
<div>
[/quote]

Oh dear.

</div>
</blockquote>

It won't be good, but it won't be horrible, is my guess. Her vocals haven't been atrocious the past year or so.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They're doing the Gachi Kira events again.

TFT Hall 1000
3pm - Morning Musume. '16

5:30pm - Angerme

8pm - Morning Musume. '16, Angerme  

Qualifying events

TFT Hall 500

3:45pm - Harunan, Ayumi, Masaki, Kudo, Nakanishi, Takeuchi, Katsuta

4:15pm - Mizuki, Eripon, Ogata, Nonaka, Wada, Kamikokuryo, Kasahara

6:45pm - Oda, Maria, Haga, Murota, Aikawa, Sasaki

TFT Hall 300

3:45pm - Eripon, Ogata, Haga, Aikawa, Sasaki, Kamikokuryo

4:15pm - Ayumi, Masaki, Oda, Maria, Takeuchi, Katsuta, Murota

6:45pm - Mizuki, Harunan, Kudo, Nonaka, Wada, Nakanishi, Kasahara

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Nikkei Entertainment Concert Mobilization Power Ranking 2016
<p style="color:rgb(50,50,50);font-family:'Open Sans', arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">4. Momoiro Clover Z / 636,000 attendees / 21 concerts
<p style="color:rgb(50,50,50);font-family:'Open Sans', arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">27. E-girls / 279,000 attendees / 21 concerts
<p style="color:rgb(50,50,50);font-family:'Open Sans', arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">28. Nogizaka46 / 259,000 attendees / 28 concerts
<p style="color:rgb(50,50,50);font-family:'Open Sans', arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">43. HKT48 / 161,000 attendees / 165 concerts
<p style="color:rgb(50,50,50);font-family:'Open Sans', arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">47. Morning Musume. ’16 / 144,000 attendees / 70 concerts
<p style="color:rgb(50,50,50);font-family:'Open Sans', arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">48. AKB48 / 141,000 attendees / 289 concerts
<p style="color:rgb(50,50,50);font-family:'Open Sans', arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;"> 
<p style="color:rgb(50,50,50);font-family:'Open Sans', arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">They do a lot of popularity ranking things. These were the female idol groups that made their concert attendance chart. They ranked the top 50.
<p style="color:rgb(50,50,50);font-family:'Open Sans', arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;"> 
<p style="color:rgb(50,50,50);font-family:'Open Sans', arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;">This list includes November and December concerts and is an estimate based on full venue capacity and isn't a representation of tickets sold (although MomoClo pretty much is a guaranteed sell out).
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I just finished watching the Angerme concert with Meimi's graduation. Absolutely sublime. In the graduation ceremony, she reads her speech with such poise, such grace, such delicacy. I don't think I've seen a graduation quite like this before.

In two particular numbers, we see sides of Meimi's talent I don't believe I've ever seen before. If Meimi had been born an American girl, she'd be a star on Broadway by now.

Question: what are Meimi's plans now? Any chance we'll ever see a full-blown solo concert sometime down the road?

Thanks.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Last edited by Anderei on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Anderei"]
I wouldn't anticipate it, Madara. Her ambitions lie in theater work.

[/quote]

Does Meimi have ambitions of ever performing in English?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I've never heard her speak of anything like that. I think she wants to try out for Takarazuka.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Did we learn anything interesting from her twitter? I followed her but a while ago I lost the will to check twitter every day if at all so I don't even know if she posts much there.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I really loved Meimi's graduation dress and bonnet at her grad concert. A far cry from the unflattering gown Kanon Suzuki wore at her graduation. (I can't post pictures here, so I can't illustrate this.)

Who picks the graduation gowns/outfits? Do the girls do it themselves? Does someone pick outfits for them? Is it a collaborative process? If so, with whom?

Thanks.

Last edited by Madara on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I'm actually very surprised to hear that you liked Meimi's and not Kanon's because some of us here commented that they looked like they walked out of the same play and the cuts were very similar lol. Most grad dresses are actually very similar in cut.

I think it's a collaborative process. Some of the dresses are probably made, but people found Kanon's and it looks like UFP actually bought it and then just slightly tweaked it a bit. It was nearly $1000 dollars, though, so they're not slacking on them.

Also, aine, Meimi isn't super active on twitter. I think she did mention she's taking music and dance lessons.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I was really impressed with the number, "Jojou Kumikyoku Smile Fantasy," that Meimi did with the four older girls at her graduation concert. It's from the Smile Fantasy stage show.

I'm really curious now. What's "Smile Fantasy" like? Is the DVD worth getting? Does Meimi have any other great numbers in it?

Thanks.

Last edited by Madara on Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I haven't seen the musical myself, but with the exception of the three tracks on the Smile Fantasy single, most of the numbers performed were old S/mileage songs.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Anderei"]
I haven't seen the musical myself, but with the exception of the three tracks on the Smile Fantasy single, most of the numbers performed were old S/mileage songs.
[/quote]

Well, at the very least, I should get that single. Thanks, Anderei!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

You can also buy the single for their newest musical! I haven't gotten it in the mail yet, but it's got some new songs plus most of the girls have new solos on it. It's called Mode and you'll see Ayaka and Moe on the cover.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I really liked Smile Fantasy but it may be too girly for you (it's about girls' teenage dreams). Every girl got her time to shine, which was very appreciable. Also, DVD won't come with a translation, which may not be interesting for you.

On a side note, I thought Kanon's dress was fitting her, even if I'm not fan of this pattern, while Meimi's was like a "peasant-princess" one, which seems so fake to me, because it's exactly the same kind as Marie-Antoinette would have been wearing when playing the "happy peasant frolicing and lazing around" with her court. But that may be only cultural haha.
Last edited by Meikochi on Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

Smile Fantasy is a "Jukebox Musical" where a fictional (as the omniscient stage narrator reminds us every so often) S/mileage hold a pajama party at Ayaka's house and each girl imagines what kind of romance/teenage love story they'd have.  There was a version subbed in French - I think I may have given the videos to you in the flash drive - back in 2014/15, but a sub crew hasn't been assembled to put the script together.  (Poor Estrea has a ridiculous list as we speak.)

I actually think Madara would like it - it's very girly and frou frou a la Cinderella the Musical, but there are just so many 4th-wall jokes and really creative re-mixes of S/mileage songs and snarky dialogue that I do think it's worth it.  Especially Meimi's overly dramatic rendition of "Yume Miru 15".  

Also, the Yattaruchan Empire is REAL.

Various YT videos here, and some official backstage footage here from the official Angerme channel.
Last edited by kitaoji on Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Meikochi"]
I really liked Smile Fantasy but it may be too girly for you (it's about girls' teenage dreams). Every girl got her time to shine, which was very appreciable. Also, DVD won't come with a translation, which may not be interesting for you.

On a side note, I thought Kanon's dress was fitting her, even if I'm not fan of this pattern, while Meimi's was like a "peasant-princess" one, which seems so fake to me, because it's exactly the same kind as Marie-Antoinette would have been wearing when playing the "happy peasant frolicing and lazing around" with her court. But that may be only cultural haha.
[/quote]

Interesting cultural note about the dress. Thank you, Meikochi. Maybe Meimi could play Marie Antoinette in a Takarazuka version of "Rose of Versailles." That would be amazing.
[quote="kitaoji"]
Smile Fantasy is a "Jukebox Musical" where a fictional (as the omniscient stage narrator reminds us every so often) S/mileage hold a pajama party at Ayaka's house and each girl imagines what kind of romance/teenage love story they'd have.  There was a version subbed in French - I think I may have given the videos to you in the flash drive - back in 2014/15, but a sub crew hasn't been assembled to put the script together.  (Poor Estrea has a ridiculous list as we speak.)

I actually think Madara would like it - it's very girly and frou frou a la Cinderella the Musical, but there are just so many 4th-wall jokes and really creative re-mixes of S/mileage songs and snarky dialogue that I do think it's worth it.  Especially Meimi's overly dramatic rendition of "Yume Miru 15".  

Also, the Yattaruchan Empire is REAL.

Various YT videos here, and some official backstage footage here from the official Angerme channel.
[/quote]

Thanks for those links. That "Yumemiru 15" clip is priceless. But, no, I don't have the Smile Fantasy videos on my computer. I'll check out the other links today.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Angerme Kasahara Momona 13th birthday event @ TFM Hall 11/15/16
Kasahara Momona Q&A corner
Acchi, Muite, Hoi (Rock, Paper, Scissors) battle with guests Aikawa Maho, Kamikokuryo Moe
Surprise VTR comment from Maa-Duu
birthday mini live
1.Suki yo, Junjou Hankouki
2.Kioku no Meiro
3.VERY BEAUTY
4.Tachiagirl

Reaching new levels of emoting in this photo!
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Anderei"]
3.VERY BEAUTY
[/quote]

OH LORD, give me strength............

That is not going to be good. I can already hear the dying moose.  :confused:

She couldn't even hit the high notes in Umaku without dying and she thinks this song that has a really high chorus is going to go well?
Last edited by arcobaleno on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I've been watching some older concerts and am spotting all these Eggs who went on to greater glory in H!P and marveling at all the talent on display among the Eggs. Yet I'm appalled that before "Kanojo ni Naritai" was performed at the S/mileage Live Tour 2012 Aki ~Choi Kawa Banchou~ concert and the following H!P 2013 Winter Concert, there'd never been a separate number with the Eggs at a Hello! Project concert.

Why not? I re-watched the H!P Summer 2010 concert and the Eggs include not only future members of MM, Angerme and J=J, but also experienced performers who'd already been in such special units as Ongaku Gatas, Milky Way and Shin Minimoni. Why not a number with them? As it stands, they get short shrift throughout and get no closeups or any decent shots. I had to keep pausing and searching frame by frame to identify the likes of Mizuki, Haruka, Akari T., Rina, Karin, Sayuki T., etc. Only Yuu Kikkawa and Sayaka Kitahara stand out enough to be easily spotted.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

At the time they were having their own concerts.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

Changing management, practices, contract agreements, etc.  My guess is that no one really knew what to do with the eggs in H!P concerts until 2012.  Eggs primarily did just back dancing & stage plays.  Maybe Tsunku wasn't ready to write music for them yet and Up Front wasn't expanding their songwriting crew, hence no number.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Morning Musume. '16 Fukumura Mizuki, Iikubo Haruna, Kudo Haruka birthday event 2016 in Nagoya 11/22/16
1.Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! / Mizuki, Harunan, Kudo
2.Balalaika / Harunan
3.Your Song ~Seishun Sensei~ / Kudo
4.Itsuka Dokoka de. / Mizuki
5.Guruguru Jump / Mizuki, Harunan, Kudo

Angerme Takeuchi Akari 19th birthday event at Tokyo FM Hall 11/24/16
1st event
guest Sasaki Rikako
Birthday cake and Happy Birthday song
Takechan corner
Speed Ballon FIght
1.Ai no Suki Suki Shisuu Joushouchuu
2.VERY BEAUTY
3.Ame
4.Namida no Hoshi
5.Campus Life
6.Watashi no Miryoku ni Kizukanai Donkan na Hito

2nd eventguest Miyamoto Karin

Everybody and their grandmother is doing Very Beauty these days.

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I really wanna see Harunan's "Balalaika"
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU