[2014.10.15] Morning Musume '14 - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ / Mikaeri Bijin

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2014.10.15] Morning Musume '14 - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ / Mikaeri Bijin

Post by JPope »

Not gonna do it. Gonna wait for at least a radio rip.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I think they should release Tiki Bun on the next Harosute episode
Other than JJ's Datte Janai yo dance they don't have any other thing to show us, right?
Image Hey
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I'm also hoping we'll hear the full version of TIKI BUN on the next Hello! Station :) The preview we've got is too short :(
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

There's no way they won't release Date ja nai's dance shot this week.  I'm guessing TIKI BUN will be next week, Shaba the following week, and Mikaeri the week before the release.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Kalle" data-cid="179463" data-time="1410741690">
Apparently at the event <a class="bbc_url" href="http://idolfangirl-ceej.tumblr.com/post ... -the">they mentioned</a> Mikaeri Bijin would be completely sung in unison, which could either go well or completely crappy.</blockquote>

Tsunku said it's a song he wants sing at schools so I have a feeling it's not the kind of song the title suggested.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

It'd be cool if Mikaeri Bijin turned out to be something like Sakura no Shiori, but I think the chances of that happening are pretty slim, lol.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Really? It sounds exactly like what's been described so far! Hahaha, I didn't know about this song, so actually I think it might be similar....? I get the idea behind it all being sung in unison. With Sayumi leaving, Tsunku wants the girls to all be united. To help them realize that they will be the new Morning Musume and that they will be one complete group, the 9 of them (for the moment.) I think singing a song like this will help bring the girls together :)
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I guess I just can't imagine the current line up going for something almost choral-like in arrangement - all those harmony parts, etc.  It's very classic. It'd be a really cool shift in tone for them but I feel like we'll get something more like an all unison KoiING/Tomo/Dekkai Uchuu ni Ai ga Aru.  AKB have always had a penchant for throw back imagery to high school choirs but I don't think H!P have tried going for anything like that since first and second gen (the occasional acapella performance by Berryz or C-ute not included).
Last edited by Farrah on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Short radio rip. (It's your green light, JPope!)

Maidigi TV.

With more of the dance it looks more formation, but no comments.
Last edited by MejraThea on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

This choreo is looking kind of lazily put together and sloppily performed right now, but I imagine at least the latter will improve as they get more experienced with it.  I don't care what anyone says, that "tiki bun" section is catchy as hell tbh.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Song and dance looks weird but God I really want to hear the full song
Image Hey
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Thea"]
Short radio rip. (It's your green light, JPope!)

[/quote]

Ha ha, thanks!

Kind of disappointing. I'm pretty much over the dubstep thing -- there are other styles of EDM -- but I wouldn't mind it if I thought the song was compelling, but nothing here grabs me.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Not a fan of the scratching moves at all. Who thought it would be a good idea for them to stare at the ground?
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I really like the song, but all I can think when I see that dance move is "chika chika Slim Shady".
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

[quote="NekoKai"]
There's no way they won't release Date ja nai's dance shot this week.  I'm guessing TIKI BUN will be next week, Shaba the following week, and Mikaeri the week before the release.
[/quote]
I know, it's the full version of the live performance I'm hoping for :) They performed the song at their 17th Anniversary event so I'm expecting to see it this week :)

I don't know what to make of the song overall but it doesn't seem to be "in your face" as an A-side should be. It sound's more like a B-side to me. I hope the PV is good.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Did anyone mention what was said about Sayu's song? It's delivered in a whispery voices and Haruna/Mizuki have a part in the beginning.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="179542" data-time="1410893726">Did anyone mention what was said about Sayu's song? It's delivered in a whispery voices and Haruna/Mizuki have a part in the beginning.</blockquote>
Mizuki does the backing vocals in the first verse, Haruna in the second.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I just pre-ordered mine on CDJapan (as well as 14 Shou) since it didn't seem we'd be getting poster previews in time. That, and they're just posters. Glad to not be stressing over it anymore.
Last edited by MejraThea on Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

The full live was aired on Harosute!
The line distribution is a pleasant surprise, Haruna and Kudo (and if I'm not wrong also Zukki) have a solo line outside the Lets-give-everyone-a-solo-line section
And no real line for Riho? Mikaeri Bijin sung in unison and Shabadabadoo a Sayu solo, Arco you're luck Tsunku decided to give her 2 syllables to sing!

<div>
<div style="font-size:12px;">

</div>
</div>
<div>
[quote="Mizura"]
*Riho doesn't get any solo lines in a song
[/quote]
<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 
<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Arcobaleno, on 15 Jan 2014 - 6:48 PM, said: To be honest, hell will freeze over three times before this happens. If they gave a plethora of lines to Riho back when she was really bad, they're definitely going to keep giving them to her now that she's gotten better.
</div>

Last edited by Derby on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

lol no one is sure about that Kanon line. She's such a loud singer it could be shared. Forever a mystery.

I'm sad they all got solos on something I don't care for. Why couldn't it have been on Help Me or something. : (
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Derby"]

The full live was aired on Harosute!
The line distribution is a pleasant surprise, Haruna and Kudo (and if I'm not wrong also Zukki) have a solo line outside the Lets-give-everyone-a-solo-line section
And no real line for Riho? Mikaeri Bijin sung in unison and Shabadabadoo a Sayu solo, Arco you're luck Tsunku decided to give her 2 syllables to sing!

<div>
<div style="font-size:12px;">

</div>
</div>
<div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="169898" data-time="1389803239">
<div>
*Riho doesn't get any solo lines in a song
[/quote]
<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 
<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Arcobaleno, on 15 Jan 2014 - 6:48 PM, said: To be honest, hell will freeze over three times before this happens. If they gave a plethora of lines to Riho back when she was really bad, they're definitely going to keep giving them to her now that she's gotten better.
</div>

</div>
</blockquote>

Ahahaha, yes, yes I am.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

I love everything about this so far, except for the lack of real, long solo lines. While it's nice not having to worry about whether or not Riho or Masaki or whoever is going to butcher a line, I prefer it when the songs are mostly solos. But their songs haven't been heavy on solo lines in a while. I guess it's because they aren't comfortable doing that with this line-up. Or maybe it's because the dances are more intense. Of course, that doesn't stop C-ute songs from being mostly solo lines when they are doing even harder dances. Putting that aside, I really do love this song (it's so much better than Password is 0) and the outfits and (most of) the dance. I'm not quite sure if I like the DJ move. But Ayumi does it really well. She looks like an actual DJ. :lol:

Last edited by Banana on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="Banana"]
I love everything about this so far, except for the lack of real, long solo lines. While it's nice not having to worry about whether or not Riho or Masaki or whoever is going to butcher a line, I prefer it when the songs are mostly solos. But their songs haven't been heavy on the solo lines in a while. I guess it's because they aren't comfortable doing that with this line-up. Or maybe it's because the dances are more intense. Of course, that doesn't stop C-ute songs from being mostly solo lines when they are doing even harder dances. Putting that aside, I really do love this song (it's so much better than Password is 0) and the outfits and (most of) the dance. I'm not quite sure if I like the DJ move. But Ayumi does it really well. She looks like an actual DJ. :lol:
[/quote]

I agree with all of this almost completely.  I think I heard that it was because of the dancing that there's less solo lines, but I'm not sure how much is due to the difficulty/intensity and how much is because they're formation dances and all about unity.  That being said, C-ute has half as many members and twice as much experience, and until Aitai Lonely Christmas, the solo lines were almost exclusively Airi and Maimi, so it's not that unusual.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

TIKI BUN has grown on me a lot, I like it! Even if it is too similar. I bet they didn't have the MV ready to show and that's why they showed the live performance. Idk why people are saying it's a Riho, Haruka, Sayu center. They switch positions a lot and Masaki is in the same position on the opposite side of Duu while Sayu is on the sides a lot, then by the end they have all the center girls there (Riho, Sayu, Ayumi, Sakura).

I wonder if we're going to get audition footage this time. I really hope we do and it's not just like 11th gen.

Like someone mentioned before, it would be cool is Mikaeri Bijin is like AKB's Sakura no Shiori.

[quote="Anderei"]
lol no one is sure about that Kanon line. She's such a loud singer it could be shared. Forever a mystery.
[/quote]
She got a "demo" to herself. You can tell it's only her too cause they have the echoing effect of her voice afterwards.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I thought from the live it looked like Riho was singing with Kanon for that line. I mean, if it's a solo I'll be super happy but I'm not sure.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

It's Kanon with Riho, Zukki takes the main melody, you can see Riho singing and also hear her a bit
same with Mizuki at the 1st chorus, Sakura sounds louder at the 3rd, but the echoes are Sayumi

I'm not sure if the last word is a solo line and that is why you can only hear one person with the echo?
I always see this lines as solo lines (As for one day, Kimi sae Ireba) because you can barely hear the harmony, not like mixing 2 voices together, 50-50
Last edited by Derby on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

They sing the first part together (where you can see Riho), but you can't even see Riho during the 'demo' part to say that they're singing that together.

Same line earlier verse, it's Sayu singing with someone else, and then it sounds like just Sayu for that last bit (with the echoing thing again).
Well, we'll find out eventually.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I may have once again gone over-detailed, but here's what I heard/saw through the song:

Spoiler: [+]
Team 1= Haruna, Ayumi, Sayumi, Sakura and Mizuki;
Team 2= Erina, Kanon, Haruka, Riho, Masaki

1st line: Mizuki and Sayumi, after あまえ Sakura joins, after 自分 Ayumi joins, everyone "tiki bun"

2nd line: Haruka and Masaki, after おや Riho joins, after ??? ??? joins, everyone "tiki bun"
3rd line: Sakura, then Haruka, then Masaki, then Ayumi, finally Haruna
4th line: Kanon, then Riho, then Erina, then Mizuki, finally Sayumi
5th line: Kanon and Riho, after ねがれ (?) Masaki and Haruka join, everyone "tiki bun"
6th line: Ayumi and Sakura, after にがむ(?) Sayumi and Mizuki join, everyone "tiki bun"
7th line: Team 1; then Ayumi and Mizuki, after 一っぽ Haruna and Sakura join, finally Haruna (solo)
8th line: Team 2; then Haruka and Riho, after "lonely" Masaki and Erina join, finally Sayumi (solo)

Chorus:
9th line: All, then Team 1, then Team 2, finally Sayumi and Mizuki (??)
10th line: All, then Team 2, then Team 1, finally Haruka and Masaki 

11th line: Riho and Masaki, after にげる Haruka and Erina join, everyone "tiki bun"

12th line: Ayumi and Sayumi, after うばおう ??? (Sakura) and ??? join, everyone "tiki bun"
13th line: Sayumi, then Mizuki, then Erina, then Riho, finally Kanon
14th line: Haruna, then Ayumi, then Masaki, then Haruka, finally Sakura
15th line: Haruna and Sakura, after で Ayumi and Sayumi join, everyone "tiki bun"
16th line: Kanon (?) and Erina, after の Riho and ??? join, everyone "tiki bun"
17th line: Team 2; then Kanon and Riho, after な Erina and Haruka join, finally Masaki (solo)
18th line: Team 1; then Sakura and ????, after な Haruna and ??? join, finally Haruka

Chorus: 
19th line: All, then Team 2, then Team 1, finally Kanon and Riho
20th line: All, then Team 1, then Team 2, finally Ayumi and Sakura

Dance break

Chorus:
21st line: All, then Team 1, then Team 2, finally Sayumi and Sakura
22nd line: All, then Team 2, then Team 1, finally Haruka and Masaki

ALL TIKI BUUUUUNNNN

Hope I didn't just take someone's job....
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Yesterday I made a cc-lyrics with my poor Japanese+What I heard+Bad sound at some parts
I thought 'Dancing' and 'Narou' were Sayumi and Kanon solos,
but at the 3rd chorus Sakura still have the mic on her mouth when you just hear Sayumi's echoes after 'Dancing'

But as said, we'll eventually find out
Image Hey
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Oh I didn't know! Here's the lyrics I can hear, let's compare ;)

I italicized what I felt most confident in what I heard on my end! What I'm not sure of is red/not italicized
Spoiler: [+]

Kyou wa ii ka to amai jibun ni [tiki bun]
Watashi nande to oya ni kizu bakkari [tiki bun]

Ne-bu-so-ku-wa
Ne-ru-ji-ga-nai

Kuyashii na kara ni make wo mitomeru [tiki bun]
Fujouri sugite nigamu shi mo kamo [tiki bun]

Chikyuu no jinko ga fueteku ippo de, ippo de
DON'T GO BACK ano toki hitroibocchi "lonely night", "lonely night"

Here we go! Tado shita tte nan mo osorenai,
sono zenbu ni uso ga nai nara ii
Kimi ga WITNESS shittan dancing

Here we go! Ja ja haitatakute nan mo douji nai,
jibun shinjite tsuki susumeba ii
Kimi no subete nan dakara

[tiki bun, tiki bun]

Kari mo shinai de nigeru, jibun ni [tiki bun]
Ii toko dake wo ubau, aitsu ni [tiki bun]

Na-ki-mu-no-ya
Ho-shi-ku-na-ru

LUCKY ni dake de issho motonai [tiki bun]
Datta ichido no MISS de ojan sa [tiki bun]
Jinrui ga ichiban erasou na, genjou de, genjou de
Kono umi mo sora mo yama mo wa naiteiru yo, naiteiru yo

Here we go! Shippai shitakute nan mo aseranai 
Mi ni tsuita tsukiku shinjireba ii
Kimi ga shitten katta (big ???s) demo 

Here we go! Iitai yatsu na iwaseterya ii
Omiete datte kai ketsu shinai
Kimi ga subete nan dakara

[dance break]

Here we go! Tado shita tte nan mo osoronai,
sono zenbu ni uso ga nai nara ii
Kimi ga WITNESS shittan dancing

Here we go! Ja ja haitatakute nan mo douji nai,
jibun shinjite tsuki susumeba ii
Kimi no subete nan dakara

English:
"Today seems good," I spoil myself
Why is it that I only hurt my parents?
A-sle-epy-face-shows
I-have-no-time-to-sleep

Admitting I lost from the pain
If it's too absurd, he might escape

The population of this world builds up one by one, one by one
DON'T GO BACK To the time when you were alone, those lonely nights, lonely nights

Here we go! Finally telling myself to do it without being scared,
it'd be great if there were no lies in that
You saw me dancing

Here we go! Here, here, entering in and now without peer,
you believe in yourself, and carry on
Because that's all of who you are

[tiki bun, tiki bun]

To escape from me when I'm not even hunting,
He'll steal me away only to good places.
Cry-ing-o-ver-it
Makes-you-want-it-more

It's a waste if it's just all luck,
It was just one mistake.
What seems rare in humanity is really status quo, status quo
The seas, skies and mountains are all crying, all crying

Here we go! My want to take off hasn't faded,
I will follow what's next right in front of my eyes,
I had known you, but

Here we go! It's okay to let him say what he wants,
Because it seems like we won't get to a resolution,
You're everything to me.

[dance break]

Here we go! Finally telling myself to do it without being scared,
it'd be great if there were no lies in that
You saw me dancing

Here we go! Here, here, entering in and now without peer, 
you believe in yourself, and carry on
Because that's all of who you are

Edit: Finished translating what I came up with...Obviously these can't all be right since we're just listening and not reading but Q_Q

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.