What are you playing?

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

Ap2000
つんく♂

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Ap2000 »

Uh... forgot a HDMI cable.
So I got a 1,5m one for 5€ and added a 20€ PSN card.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Uh oh <a href="http://www.gog.com/news/2013_nodrm_summ ... om">SUMMER SALE ON GOG.COM</a>

Deals on right now:

<a href="http://www.gog.com/promo/definitive_dun ... ">Dungeons and Dragons pack 80% off ($21.10)</a> expires in 6 hours
<a href="http://www.gog.com/promo/wide_awake_bundle">Alan Wake pack 90% off ($4.48)</a> expires in 6 hours
<a href="http://www.gog.com/news/nodrm_summer_ge ... Torchlight FREE</a> expires June 20 12:59PM GMT

And a whole lot of 50% off titles.

I owned the first two packs already :ph34r:
Last edited by aine on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

GODDAMMIT I DIDN'T SEE THIS UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... ">Dungeons and Dragons: Mystara Chronicles </a>is out today for Steam, PS3 and 360!
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... ">Dungeons and Dragons: Mystara Chronicles </a>is out today for Steam, PS3 and 360!
[/quote]

I really hate how Capcom brings some games to PC and some not... I mean, why not bring Mega Man 9 & 10 to PC !?
Steam/GoG etc. are full of side-scrolling 2D games, so I doubt they're not popular.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

So Microsoft is all <a href="http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/micro ... 673/">"LOL! We was just playin'!"</a>
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
So Microsoft is all <a href="http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/micro ... 673/">"LOL! We was just playin'!"</a>
[/quote]

Apparently <a href="http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa">confirmed</a>. Now this is a race.

Xbox.com is slammed right now and there's a lto of confusion to what is and isn't new information. IGN is reporting the reversal will come.
Last edited by neshcom on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

DOUBLE DAMN POST

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
<div style="font-style:italic;">Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.</div>
</blockquote>
<div> </div>
<div>Basically everything is backpedaled. This doesn't address the total lack of support outside of the launch countries, family plans, the seemingly-integral you-install-from-disc system, or how this impacts developers.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Even if this put the X1 at parity with PS4, this is a big, jumbled mess for Microsoft and flip-flopping could still be their down fall.</div>
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="155647" data-time="1371672283">So Microsoft is all <a href="http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/micro ... 673/">"LOL! We was just playin'!"</a></blockquote>
Well, that sucks.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzuriha" data-cid="155599" data-time="1371659314">GODDAMMIT I DIDN'T SEE THIS UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE</blockquote>Last time they repeated all bundles on the last day so maybe you'll be lucky still.

New promos are up on the front page.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzuriha" data-cid="155599" data-time="1371659314">
GODDAMMIT I DIDN'T SEE THIS UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE
</blockquote>
Last time they repeated all bundles on the last day so maybe you'll be lucky still.

New promos are up on the front page.

[/quote]

I have to recommend Miasmata. It's a very unique game about exploration and survival to some degree.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="155653" data-time="1371675448"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="155647" data-time="1371672283">
So Microsoft is all <a href="http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/micro ... 673/">"LOL! We was just playin'!"</a></blockquote>
Well, that sucks.</blockquote>

The policy changes are intriguing. Yes, it lets Microsoft say, "no no, we do used games too" and prove Sony wrong on Jimmy Fallon, but it also eviscerates their two bro features: family share and digital online library. Lots of negativity surrounds the loss of, essentially, free gaming circles.

As awful as the idea of blaming gamers is, the blog roll has latched on like a hungry octopus. The headlines are "Xbox loses functionality" and "Gamers stifle the future." Nothing sells systems like a "poor Microsoft" mentality. On paper, it's a big move to recapture the core, but it doesn't solve all their problems (33% weaker device with an always on camera for 100$ more and the same crappy paywall). It should be the exact step Microsoft needed, but they're not getting in front of it! Their executives are pining about the wasted future and shit ass bloggers are chastising consumers.

And let's not act like the digital license revolution sponsored by Microsoft and Doritos would have brought routinely cheaper games. If that really were going to happen, you know it would have been head, body, and tail of their presentation last week. No, Microsoft is flinching for retailers because they can't undercut Best Buy and GameStop by offering competitive prices (and a major percentage cut) and unlimited nights and weekends for game sharing (even with their ambiguous check-in, check-out policy).

They could have sold the old policy or Policy Classic, but right now? Microsoft couldn't sell ice water in hell. Wars don't get bloody when one sides gives up the ghost early on. We're facing a bloody future.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I'm playing Magrunner: Dark Pulse on Steam.

Portal with magnets meets the Cthulhu mythos? YES PLEASE!!!
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Holy shit GOG just exploded. Check the front page. Will last just short of the next 15 hours. I am SO getting the Legacy of Kain set. :D/

Yuzu - just FYI the Alan Wake and D&D packs ar eback.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

My PS3 pack already arrived in Vienna, according to the tracking system !
But I have to wait until Monday, because there's no Saturday delivery here (anymore). :dammit:

Oh well, more time to play all those indie games that are still unplayed in my Steam library.

Vessel was one of them.
I'm glad it's not insanely difficulty (like most indie puzzle games), but still very challenging.

[quote="aine"]
Holy shit GOG just exploded. Check the front page. Will last just short of the next 15 hours. I am SO getting the Legacy of Kain set. :D/

Yuzu - just FYI the Alan Wake and D&D packs ar eback.
[/quote]

Alan Wake was on Steam for 1€ 3~4 weeks ago. I think Al or somebody else even posted about it.
9$ is a much more appropriate price, though. haha

Too bad they don't have bank transfer as a payment method, otherwise I'd sometimes buy stuff there. =/
I do have a PP acc, but usually no money on it.
AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

I've been absolutely addicted to the iOS/Android game "Valkyrie Crusade" for the last few months.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Just read Mortal Kombat 9 is coming to PC in early July, which is extremely surprising.

I doubt it's going to sell well, considering there's been basically no PR for it. Not even previews or something like that.
And these are the only two pictures I was able to find so far:
<a href="http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/22/435525 ... se-date</a>
They have some weird pixelization, as if parts of the game were just stretched from the consoles 720p to 1080p.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Ap2000"]

According to everybody it's extremely easy. Basically just screw, plug and play. The PS3 should automatically recognize it and format it.

But I'll tell you if it was really that easy.

[/quote]

Jup, was absolutely easy and the PS3 even recognized during the very first startup.

Setting up PSN+ was a real hassle, though.
Apparently there's a difference between the German and Austrian PSN store, so I had to make a second account. Now I have a German acc with a 3 month PSN+ abo and an Austrian acc with 20€ on it to spend...
You also need to enter a valid credit card to use the 1 month free PSN+ that came with the console.

I'm under the impression that the PS3 does not download games at full speed (2MB/sec), but is clearly slower. Installing is even worse. lol

Only played half an hour, but it was already absolutely clear that Sonic 2006 is a crapgame. This is going to be fun.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I cannot play Mortal Kombat on a PC, no.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
[/quote]

And why would that be ?
I guess you don't know, but this is not the first MK on PC.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Also, any USB fight stick or pad that works on the Xbox 360 is completely plug-and-play with a PC. Pretty much every new game has 360 pad support built right in.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Deadpool is filthy and shameless and immature and I love it!!!
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Amazon has the "Borderlands Bundleganza" pack for sale for $22 this week. You get the game of the year edition of the first game with all the DLC, Borderlands 2, and the Borderlands 2 season pass that gives you all the DLC campaigns. I think the only thing you don't get are the two DLC character classes.

I always played them on console, but for that cheap I picked them up.
Last edited by al kusanagi on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Steam got a big community update and you now can trade cards from games and "brag" about the games you have and achievements you've unlocked. I don't entirely like the idea behind it, eventhough I don't think it's bad for others to see what games you like, when they come to your page. However, I have everything on "friends-only" anyway, so it's not like I'm showing this stuff to people that don't know me anyway.
The "Friends" list (not the seperate window) is now ordered by "Steam level" and there semminly is no way to order by currently/last online, which is really stupid.
The overall style is pretty cool.

PS3 TAKES FOREVER TO INSTALL SHIT. I've already filled about 100GB of my HDD, just after 4 days. thanks to the PSN+ stuff. haha

Sonic 2006 is pure garbage. And it's fucking hilarious because of that. I say this in all honesty; if you find it used for 10€/$ somewhere, buy it ! Invite your gamer friends over and have a drinking game. Whenever the player dies, he has to take a shot. Whenever the game glitches out or the player dies because of a glitch, everybody drinks.

I am so loving Demon's Souls, however, it's rather easy for me (did 1-1, 1-2 + bosses and the 2-1 boss without dying a single time, 4-1 was much more challenging), I guess playing nearly 200h of Dark Souls and doing various challenging shit there (above all, SL1 run) helped me way too much. I've also noticed DeS bosses can be beaten pretty easily from a distance and have a hard time defending themselves to it. DaS bosses always are very confrontational and have special moves for campers/ranged players, so they are way more challenging.

Haven't played the other games more than ~30 minutes, so I can't say anything about them.

[quote="yuzuriha"]
[/quote]

Yuzu, please explain. You can't just throw something like that out there and then not explain...
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
Amazon has the "Borderlands Bundleganza" pack for sale for $22 this week. You get the game of the year edition of the first game with all the DLC, Borderlands 2, and the Borderlands 2 season pass that gives you all the DLC campaigns. I think the only thing you don't get are the two DLC character classes.

I always played them on console, but for that cheap I picked them up.
[/quote]

Watch out for the Borderlands 2 season passes. BL and BL2 had their DLC split up into multiple seasons, so make sure you're getting what you think you're getting.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

The BL2 season pass included everything up to the DLC that came out this week. I'm pretty sure that was the last one they're doing.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

What's that ? You want to see just how shitty the loading times in Sonic 2006 are ?

How about one minute of loading per one minute of gameplay:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ojMctZF ... ctZFfiQ</a>

There's also some Ap-moaning in there.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I have finished Demon's Souls last night and I could probably write a several pages long essay. It took me 38h and I've died about 93 times (yes, I actually wrote it down, because I'm such a massive stats whore).

Long story short, it's shorter and thus easier/less frustrating than Dark Souls. It certainly has its own quirks and features, so even if you have already played DaS, it's absolutely worth playing.

I'd wish for some of them that didn't make it into DaS 1 to be re-implemented in DaS 2, especially the world/character tendency, which seems like a super awesome feature. It just needs some fleshing out.

3D dot game heroes is pretty cool and a nice throwback to A link to the past, mixed in with a bit of <a href="http://babarageo.com/flash/ginormo/">Ginormo Sword</a>.

In other news, some PS3 games are real jerks when it comes to transfering your savegames from one account to another...

Fucking trophies, I don't care about them, I just want to play my old savegames from last summer !

Man, PSN+ gets you some great games if you're new to the console. Unfortunately, next month is completely uninteresting to me with only shooters. The #1 genre I'd never play with a gamepad.
Apparently Call of Juarez - Gunslinger is for free on PSN+ now too, but I'm not too sure if it's just the demo. Downloading it right now.

And nesh, you better add me to your friends, I've already sent you a friend request last week ! :fist:
Last edited by Ap2000 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

Muh fucker, I messaged you back making sure you were you!
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Anyone playing Last of Us on PS3? I'd like to try out the multiplayer metagame thingy, but not with random assholes.