The Official Unofficial Kenshuusei Guide + News Source

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: The Official Unofficial Kenshuusei Guide + News Source

Post by Shoujo Q »

I just watched the videos. This is like, my favorite time of year because we finally get to hear the progress of the kenshuusei (though we need to wait for Hello!Station to really judge them) and I'm super excited the Hokkaido girls get to join in. 

I think this is the first time I really got to sit down and watch the newer girls talk, some who have had prior idol experience were a little lacking, and that surprised me. (I'm looking at you Ichigo!) 

Also not mentioned, Hello!Station has been showcasing girls each week. I'll try to remember to post them in here for anyone who wants to see them that doesn't normally watch Hello!Station. They did things like this in the past, and I was hoping they would bring it back, but this time they incorporated it into the show and made it more professional and not just, grab the girl after practice when she's still in her practice outfit. 

Ichioka Reina
Horie Kizuki
Inoue Hikaru
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

You probably shouldn't have expected much from an 11 year old even if she has prior experience lol.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

If I'm thinking of the right girl, Yamazaki Yuhane is one of the best singers in KSS from what wota had said. IF IF IF I'm remembering right. I think some had compared her to Danbara?

BUT DANBARA FINISHIN IT UP WITH GIVE ME LOVE... Yasss slay me. I wish she had chosen a more vocally challenging song, but she's done that every year so far. Maybe this will push her to have more of a stage presence and show her diversity? Hoping it works out for her.

Honestly I like pretty much all the songs they chose. I'm way too excited to watch the digest. I think Maeda made a really, really good choice with Suki Sugitte Baka Mitai.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Nishida was the one everyone was saying could sing.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
[/quote]

WELL OOPS. Lol.  I swear I had heard some people talking about Yamazaki's singing, though...
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I can't remember who it was. Yamazaki was in a group and there is a video of her singing with another girl but I don't remember anyone going crazy over it.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Just my initial thoughts

-Kawamura with Mugen Climax raised my eyebrows a lot, if she throws in the choreo, this could be either amazing or a hot mess >.<
-I feel like SONGS is not meant for solos so it'll be interesting to see how a newbie will handle it
-Same with One Two Three
-Great to see a couple album tracks involved, they need more love IMO
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

[quote="Anderei"]
[/quote]

Nishida is my favorite KSS, but I don't really think she sings much better than the average idol.

For anyone interested in hearing her, she sang the last line in the KSS performance featured on HaroSute #213.

But who knows, I'm very curious to hear more than a single line from her. <3
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Solarblade"]
Just my initial thoughts

-Kawamura with Mugen Climax raised my eyebrows a lot, if she throws in the choreo, this could be either amazing or a hot mess >.<

[/quote]

That performance.... I think it will be a good performance generally (stage presence, dancing, expressions) but I'm a little worried about the singing. Watching her old videos she's usually more the 4-nin S/mileage type of person. This is definitely going to be a challenge for her, so I'm excited to see how she does.

Kawamura totally thinks like an idol vying for a top spot. Why? Her calculations...
-She knows Mugen Climax is a well-liked and popular recent C-ute song
-C-ute is at the height of their popularity as their disbandment approaches...Making their songs have more impact now than usual
-C-ute will be disbanding soon and where will their fans go?
-She was a backup dancer for C-ute's New Year COMPASS lives, as well as being a back up dancer on To Tomorrow.

^That all may seem stupid or a bit fetched, but I really think she wants to be associated with C-ute/C-ute fans to follow her.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Or maybe she just likes the song. She's not really a logical choice if a C-ute fan is looking for a new fave and wants someone similar to C-ute.

She's gonna blow it on the singing. I doubt she'll do the actual choreo. I don't think anyone usually does.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Really? A number of the girls do... I think it depends on the song speed and the girl. A girl that wants to showcase her dancing more than her singing is more likely to dance imo.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

<div>Setlist for the Test</div>
<div>1. Seishun Beat wa 16 - KSS + KSSH

2. Hitorijime - Tsubaki Factory

3. Sakura Night Fever - Kobushi Factory</div>
<div> </div>
<div>4-34 TEST</div>
<div> </div>
<div>35. Hatsukoi Sunrise - Tsubaki Factory

36. Yami ni Nukegake - Kobushi Factory

37. Real☆Little☆Girl - KSSH

38. Say! Hello! - KSS

39. Onna no Sono - KSS + KSSH

40. Hello! Massara no Jibun - KSS + KSSH

41. Kanojo ni Naritai!!! - All</div>
Last edited by Solarblade on Mon May 01, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Are you still alive TicTac ? :grin:
Campy <3 !
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Holy crap.

Screw the test, A LOT went down today that we won't get any answers too for at least a week. (Or more, who knows.)

<div>The Upfront representative came out after the test was complete and basically turned the world upside down.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Kiyono Momohime and Takase Kurumi have been selected to debut in a new section/branch of the Kenshuusei. More info will become available later. (They need to say yes, new contracts need to be signed, aka the parents need to be told.)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Kawamura Ayano, Danbara Ruru, and Ichioka Reina will debut in H!P in the near future. (New Unit or Exsisting Group, No one knows) Like above. (New contracts need to be signed, aka the parents need to be told.)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>and lastly, Inoue Hikaru is the new Kenshuusei leader.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>And if anyone cares, here were the results of the test.</div>
<div>
<div>Best Dance performances : Maeda Kokoro, Horie Kizuki</div>
<div>Best Singing performances : Yamazaki Yuhane, Inoue Hikaru</div>
<div>Best Character : Hashisako Rin</div>
<div>Best Performance : Danbara Ruru (548 votes)</div>
<div>2nd place Kawamura Ayano</div>
<div> </div>
<div>There were no judges prizes this year, too many damn kenshuusei. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>If Reina doesn't back out of this opportunity, this will mark the first kenshuusei generation (17th) to have all their members debut into Hello!Project</div>
<div> </div>
</div>
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Fri May 05, 2017 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Ho-holy damn. I mean just debuting new members isn't that great to make the company more interesting but finally debuting Ruru... (Ichioka has been there for some time too I know but I never really cared about her.)

I just hope that 'new branch' of KSS does something interesting. I really like Takase.
Last edited by DonJuan on Fri May 05, 2017 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I MAY OR MAY NOT BE HAVING A HEART ATTACK.

DANBARA IS DEBUTING, THIS IS NOT A DRILL

oh my gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thank you hyappyokai 2k17 omfg YES YES YES YES YES 
They're like three of my favorite girls but just the fact my Danbara... I'll finally be able to buy her shirts and towels and pictures and wave a penlight in her color.... This is the best day  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:

PS: My gut is telling me either a T&C-like/revival group, or they're joining Angerme and Wada will graduate the beginning of next year, with no return from Aiai this year. All three KSS have a general soft image, but Kawamura Ayano is through-and-through a classic S/mileage type girl, Danbara's a powerhouse singer and Ichioka is an overall solid performer.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri May 05, 2017 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I hope they're not joining Angerme. I literally want none of those girls in.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri May 05, 2017 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I wasn't expecting this at all. But I'm happy that these girls are debuting. I just hope UFP doesn't screw things up.
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Oh my gosh I need to hear what this guy said. Also DANBARAN!!!! Finally my sweet sweet Ruru will debut!!!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

It's kinda crazy how unorganized it all feels since they still don't know where they're placing the girls (at least are not disclosing), saying they still have to have their contracts signed.

It makes me think they announced this to reassure Danbara, Ichioka and Takase that they'd debut so they wouldn't lose them before they made an official announcement with everything in place. You never know when a girl will get tired of waiting to debut and leave. It's odd but a smart move, honestly lol.

Spoiler: [+]
Yamazaki Mei did really well, as I expected.
Shimakura Rika  had an amazingly surprising voice. She sounded really, really good! She's from the newest gen of KSS who was announced this March. I dunno her stage presence or dance skills, but just based on singing she could debut right now.
Hibi Marina's singing was not great but I'm curious to see her dance since she's a former dancer.
Kudo Yume was pretty solid. It's a really difficult song to sing solo because of the overlapping lines. I'm honestly just happy Kobushi songs are in the mix of KSS tests. Her timing was off though.
Kitagawa Ryo had more spunk in her singing than I was originally expecting. Glad for that.
Matsunaga Riai was also more stable than I expecting. She's also from the newest gen, which means she hasn't had a lot of practice in the KSS.
Yamazaki Yuhane definitely has a good voice, but I wouldn't quite put her on Danbara, Oda or Takagi's level just yet. But I think she'll get there, she was really pleasant to listen to.
Inoue Hikaru is.... good... but as mean as it is, I can't stand looking at her. I feel really bad saying that but it's true....
Nishida Shiori I liked listening to her sing, even if it wasn't perfect. I would like to see her whole performance!
Maeda Kokoro I was really pumped for this performance and I was a bit disappointed. It's a classic H!P song that the KSS should abuse when they can, honestly lol. I guess her dancing was good though, since she won the award.
Sato Hikari was a another one I was looking forward to...  Not bad. I would label is as decent, just based on voice. Would have to watch the video for the whole performance vibe.
Kanatsu Mizuki continues to prove why she is called Miracle Mizuki... She has improved so much since her first test. I love watching her perform simply for this reason.
Kiyono Momohime continues to sing songs that are probably a smidge out of her comfort zone, but that's good imo. She's a good performer/character.
<b>Horie Kizuki </b>has a nice, deep voice. So glad she chose Wasurete Ageru... She did great.
Ono Kotomi did better than I was expecting. This type of song suits her voice. She had obvious cracks but honestly they weren't super unpleasant, oddly enough.
Hashisako Rin I love little Rin... Totally wanna see her performance to see how she won the character award ^-^ She's still the youngest of all the KSS... So I was expecting her to have a rough voice lol.
Nakayama Natsume perfect song for her. Totally had a old Berryz vibe to it. She did great!!
Ota Haruka yaaasss slay me girl. Wanna watch the video of this so so bad.
Ichoka Reina showed her years of training with this performance. Loved it.
Danbara Ruru do I have to stay anything? She slayed a song I really thought would be a bit of a bore coming from a single person with so much singing talent. She impressed me even though I already had high expectations.

All in all, the newest gen of KSS looks pretty song; and they all sang stronger songs. I at least don't hear any Tanimoto Amis, Ogata Harunas or she who shall not be named O_O

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri May 05, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Hopefully one or more of Danbara/Kawamura/Ichioka/ will be cycled into MM since at least Kudo will be leaving this year. I suspect there will be another graduation announcement before the year is out, too.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Move over Ruru, we have a new singer in the group to watch out for. Yuhane (26th Gen) singing Magic of Love. I dare say she did a much better job of her little piece than a few of the Juice girls. 

If anyone cares to weed through the whole thing, someone on Jplop uploaded the show's recording. (The solo's start at 22:45)

I think, personally, they are doing this so they don't get fans hopes up. It's one think to be a kenshuusei and have the luxury of leaving whenever and it's another to be in a group under a binding contract for 4-5 years. (Or however long they run for.) Some parents want their kids to go to school and don't see this idol thing as a life long thing or they think a contract is too much. Upfront seems to be covering their asses this time. They don't want another Aina/Uta repeat. Promise something and then a year later, oh no I want out, it's too much. 
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Fri May 05, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Move over Ruru, we have a new singer in the group to watch out for. Yuhane (26th Gen) singing Magic of Love. I dare say she did a much better job of her little piece than a few of the Juice girls. 

[/quote]

Yuhane did really well, and is probably over Uemura and and definitely over Miyazaki.... but I wouldn't put her on Takagi's level quite yet... But I think she can reach it in time :)
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I'm in the middle of listening to the recording. Another great singer was Shimakura Rika (27th Gen). At 16, she's on the bubble for debut. So she'd need to debut soon, but give her another solid year and she could be really good. 

Edit: Add Inoue Hikaru to the list of singers who have improved a lot. Either that or she finally picked a song where she wasn't bouncing around the stage so you could actually hear her properly. (It was the 2nd part.)
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Fri May 05, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
I'm in the middle of listening to the recording. Another great singer was Shimakura Rika (27th Gen). At 16, she's on the bubble for debut. So she'd need to debut soon, but give her another solid year and she could be really good. 

Edit: Add Inoue Hikaru to the list of singers who have improved a lot. Either that or she finally picked a song where she wasn't bouncing around the stage so you could actually hear her properly. (It was the 2nd part.)
[/quote]

The 27th gen is really, really solid. I feel like the 27th gen and Hokkaido could debut as their own groups and they'd do really well... I was surprised.

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(29,33,41);">When Ichioka, Danbara and Kawamura were announced to debut, beforehand, the announcer commented,
<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(29,33,41);">"We have one more announcement. Watching everyone's performance today, we have decided that it's time for three girls to debut as a Hello!Project member, though we don't know where. I will now announce them. They may become a new group--that part we don't really, er... Anyway, I'll just announce it. We'll think about it from here on. They'll talk with their parents after this. (Possible Uta stab O_O)

<div style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(29,33,41);">
<p style="font-family:inherit;">First off, Kawamura Hikaru.... (audience: ???) SORRY, SORRY. Kawamura Ayano!

<p style="font-family:inherit;">Second, Danbara Ruru.

<p style="font-family:inherit;">The last, Ichioka Reina."

<p style="font-family:inherit;">He went on to clarify again that they had no plans to do this, but seeing the test (concert), they decided on this plan.
</div>
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri May 05, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They won't debut just those three into a new group. If they're gonna be a new unit it's gonna be with at minimum two other girls.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

On the spot decision?  That seems a little worrisome
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Solarblade"]
On the spot decision?  That seems a little worrisome
[/quote]

If anything I see it as a testament to their skill/potential. Whoever was in charge of this decision saw the test and decided they should debut after watching them... It sorta feels Tsunku-esque to suddenly announce members. (Fukumura, anyone?)

I mean in the end it's sort of the point of the test, isn't it? :) 

The fact they made this decision, though, either means they know about graduations we don't yet in groups, or they were already planning on a new group after C-ute's departure. They won't debut girls unless they already had plans to debut SOMEONE... You need to have money and a plan.

edit: I was curious to see how many winners/non-winners of the happyokai debuted, see stats below:

Spoiler: [+]

KSS who won an award and later debuted: 15
Wada Sakurako- Judge's Award 2013
Danbara Ruru- Best Performance (fan vote) 2014 and 2017
Hamaura Ayano- Judge's Singing Award 2013
Taguchi Natsumi- Judge's Singing Award 2013
Sasaki Rikako- Judge's Dancing Award 2013
Murota Mizuki- Judge's Character Award 2013
Ogawa Rena- Judge's Character Award 2013
Kishimoto Yumeno- Judge's Character Award 2013
Kaga Kaede- Best Performance (fan vote) 2015
Funaki Musbu- Judge's Singing Award 2015
Ichioka Reina- Judge's Dancing Award 2015
Kasahara Momona- Best Performance (fan vote) 2016
Kiyono Momohime- Best Performance (fan vote) 2016
Takase Kurumi- Judge's Singing Award 2016
Akiyama Mao- Judge's Dancing Award 2016

KSS who didn't win an award and later debuted (Post 2013, when the tests began): 16
Yokoyama Reina (MM)
Makino Maria (MM)
Haga Akane (MM)
Aikawa Maho (ANG)
Yamaki Risa (CG)
Inaba Manaka (CG)
Yanagawa Nanami (CG)
Nomura Minami (KOB)
Fujii Rio (KOB)
Yamagishi Riko (TSU)
Niinuma Kisora (TSU)
Tanimoto Ami (TSU)
Asakura Kiki (TSU)
Ono Mizuho (TSU)
Onoda Saori (TSU)
Kawamura Ayano

Kobushi is littered with winners and Tsubaki barely has any. Just interesting to look at.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri May 05, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

I read somewhere that Kurumi and Momohime are being put in to a Engeki Joshibu KSS acting troupe, but everywhere else so far makes it seem as if their new position is TBD. Does anyone know?

I wouldn't be suprised at all if this was truly the case; Kurumi (and recently, somewhat Momohime) are consistently in stage productions.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="TheParuProject"]
I read somewhere that Kurumi and Momohime are being put in to a Engeki Joshibu KSS acting troupe, but everywhere else so far makes it seem as if their new position is TBD. Does anyone know?

I wouldn't be suprised at all if this was truly the case; Kurumi (and recently, somewhat Momohime) are consistently in stage productions.
[/quote]

From what I heard at the recording, they're going to be doing "a performance different than the engeki joshibu."

But wording it that way makes it seem they'll be doing SOME sort of acting. Not exactly sure, but they did word it as a debut. Maybe they'll be acting in some TV thing, I honestly have no idea.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri May 05, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.