[2017.03.08] Morning Musume ‘17 - BRAND NEW MORNING/Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Re: [2017.03.08] Morning Musume ‘17 - BRAND NEW MORNING/Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Post by Revangelis »

[quote="WonderBuono"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="205070" data-time="1486877639">
<div>
It's Kaede!
[/quote]

After listening to it several times I agree.
I'm disappointed.

</div>
</blockquote>

You're not the only one, I am disappointed too -_-
Solarblade
ANGERME

Re: [2017.03.08] Morning Musume ‘17 - BRAND NEW MORNING/Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Post by Solarblade »

Apparantly Fukuchan says that Get you! is different on the single than on the AKB album - http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-9ki/entry-12246889860.html
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Both Yoko and Kaede sound like Ikuta? Well, this generation was too good to be true, now we've found the bad part.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Whoever was in the booth with those girls and thought that was the best Kaede could do needs to be taken out back and beaten. I know she can sound much better than that. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="205090" data-time="1486922462">
Whoever was in the booth with those girls and thought that was the best Kaede could do needs to be taken out back and beaten. I know she can sound much better than that.</blockquote>

I agree she did sound good in the past but she had a lot of misses starting from 2016 to me, misses that have been continued with her vocal performances with MM'17.
Campy <3 !
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I'm finally actually listening to these. I decided that with both Kaede and Duu I'd try to pay at least a little more attention...

Brand new sounds all mixed up to me. Like it's three different types of songs mushed together: the opening type, then when Kaede/Fuku come in it's like a 90's anime song, then the random rap and return to the opening sound. So I don't care for it.
Immediately I liked Jealousy better, it has a nice beat. I think this one could have a really interesting MV, I quite like it. (Minus the rap)
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Solarblade"]
Apparantly Fukuchan says that Get you! is different on the single than on the AKB album - http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-9ki/entry-12246889860.html
[/quote]

Reading her post, Get you! isn't different from single to album, rather, she was just saying it's the style of singing and recording they did for the song that is different!
Last edited by arcobaleno on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I remember reading about their different styles in recording when the collab between AKB and MM first came out. All the girls seemed to think that it was very different than what they were use to doing, which makes me wonder how different it really was. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The AKB girls get even less training than most idols do and they have a pretty distinct way of singing. Its very soft chorus robot to me.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Both Yoko and Kaede sound like Ikuta? Well, this generation was too good to be true, now we've found the bad part.
[/quote]

Yoko doesn't really sound like Ikuta. Yokoyama has a very distinct lisp and a slighter higher voice.

Also, since Jealousy Jealousy is a Tsunku song he may have been in the booth, but he has a specific producer who guides the girls through the recording process. That's why anytime you see a Tsunku song being recorded on Upcoming it's in a different studio and they cut out the producer giving them instructions/advice, so as not break the illusion it's Tsunku still producing.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I was being a bit harsh when I made that comment, but I really thought that line was sung by one single person. Granted, that ending sounded more like Ikuta than the beginning. I really want to see the MV now, that might clear it up (to me). However, if that means Kaede sounds like Ikuta...  :ph34r:
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="DonJuan"]
I was being a bit harsh when I made that comment, but I really thought that line was sung by one single person. Granted, that ending sounded more like Ikuta than the beginning. I really want to see the MV now, that might clear it up (to me). However, if that means Kaede sounds like Ikuta...  :ph34r:
[/quote]

My bad--don't take my periods as  :facepalm: , take them as  :thumbsup: !
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Sorry for the double post.

Haha, that bad line was neither Ikuta nor Kaede, it was only Yoko.

To say it with a classic: That's okay, she's cute.

https://youtu.be/JgifpHf29yQ

BRAND NEW MORNING MV from Harosute. It's a typical dance shot MV so far. The dance is nothing new and the combination of marching and red costumes make it look like Ai no Gundan 2.0. I like the focus on Yoko and Kaede.
Last edited by DonJuan on Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I think this is the only time I'm thankful it was the new girl

screwing up her line. I knew Kaga was better than that. I have faith in her abilities. Unlike the rest of you. ;D

I liked the PV. I'm always a sucker for military themed stuff. Ai no Gundan being a personal favorite song and MV of mine I'm not going to complain.
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

I didnt think Yoko's line sounded bad at all! When she dtartrd singing I was just like "Yasssss". I think she has a very nice voice.

Im betting Kaede will either have the same line later in the song.

This song has me hype! I love it!

Made by Haru!
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

I really enjoyed it. I know the general opinion so far has been "It's alright, nothing new." But I started listening to Morning Musume right before the release of TIKI BUN, so I skipped about half of their EDM phase. And I've only known them as an EDM group, so maybe that's why I'm less tired of it? LOL

On a side note, this song was really nice lyrically. I'm glad 13th gen get it to debut with, but I can't help but wish it had been 12th gen's debut. The whole theme of renewal and evolving would have had a really strong impact when considering not only the addition of members but also the Sayuloss.

But I digress. Excited for Jealousy Jealousy. :'D
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Oh thank god it wasn't Kaedy xD

Though I guess we're not really in the clear yet since we haven't heard her solo but I have faith
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="205057" data-time="1486841594">
That long solo sounds like Haga. Could be Yokoyama, I don't know her voice as well.</blockquote>

Look who guessed it right and you all doubted me!!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I'm beyond shocked but also pleased! This means that Reina and Kaedii have similar voice tones in the same gen, interesting. Alas, I apologize for so confidently saying it was Kaedii. I take the fault!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="205057" data-time="1486841594">
That long solo sounds like Haga. Could be Yokoyama, I don't know her voice as well.
</blockquote>

Look who guessed it right and you all doubted me!!

[/quote]

[quote="DonJuan"]
Sorry for the double post.

Haha, that bad line was neither Ikuta nor Kaede, it was only Yoko.

To say it with a classic: That's okay, she's cute.

https://youtu.be/JgifpHf29yQ

BRAND NEW MORNING MV from Harosute. It's a typical dance shot MV so far. The dance is nothing new and the combination of marching and red costumes make it look like Ai no Gundan 2.0. I like the focus on Yoko and Kaede.
[/quote]

Seems like a missed opportunity to do something out of the box for the current lineup considering the title of the song. The message of the song would have been more apt five years ago, less so now since they've been doing this stuff for half a decade now. I still can't get over how cheap those outfits look.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I actually liked it a lot more than I expected to. The "We're Brand-new Morning" reminds me of a sound from a different group which I can't place on the moment. It feels like a combination of Wagamama  and Ai no Gundan, which was one of the better singles they released (in my opinion) . I'm glad 13ki didn't get shoved to the back for their debut single and were actually noticeable. Even though it is a simple dance-shot with closeups, they put some effort into it. The formation dancing looks pretty good even though it's stuff we've seen before.

The lyrics and their translations are also kind of interesting, but I'm probably reading  between the lines too much.
Formerly Mizura
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I kind of like the MV. But definitely not the dance. I still don't like the song but Yoko's line is just shocking! I guess I imagined her voice being higher, but when that solo line plays with her close-up it just feels so wrong.
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

The outfits also remind me a little bit of the red outfits they wore in the Chance! tour...
Image Hey
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I can't believe it was Yoko.... I definitely though I would hear her lisp as she's singing. I'm dying to hear her live (well, recorded live) and see if I hear it then!

The song itself isn't great or horrible. But I die laughing at their marching every time... Idk, it feels like they're marching for a dictator or something.

Dictator Mizuki.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Maybe its the grammar patrol in me, but I definitely think theyre saying "we are" and not "we're"....though it is the same meaning and whatever
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Derby"]
The outfits also remind me a little bit of the red outfits they wore in the Chance! tour...
[/quote]

Those are so much better. The new ones look like Jo-Ann sewing class projects.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

When I hear Yo-Yo Reina sing, I hear hints of Zukki. If she can master control I think she'll do well enough. Probably be even ace material considering her overalls appearance.

Maria best step up her game. Same goes for the rest of the 12th gen. It's like shades of 5th/6th gen for sure with them.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Am I bad for preferring to watch Kaede dance rather than Ayumi?? lololol.

(In reference to Brand New Morning)
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="205205" data-time="1487255808">
When I hear Yo-Yo Reina sing, I hear hints of Zukki. If she can master control I think she'll do well enough. Probably be even ace material considering her overalls appearance.

Maria best step up her game. Same goes for the rest of the 12th gen. It's like shades of 5th/6th gen for sure with them.</blockquote>

Control was one of Kanon's biggest problems so the odds are not in Reina's favor lol.