The K-Pop Spam Thread

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Derby
ANGERME

Re: The K-Pop Spam Thread

Post by Derby »

This is way better than the male version of CP, maybe because this group is serious and not a joke
Image Hey
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="Anderei"]
Crayon Pop's company debuted a new girl group called Bob Girls, whose concept is exactly what it says. Their debut is called No Way.

I actually really liked it.
[/quote]

I was not expecting sexy, but it was a pretty good listen and watch.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, I've listened to the song some more since I posted this and I really love it. The b-side wasn't so great, unfortunately, but hopefully this song does well enough that it won't take too long for them to get new material.

Here they are performing on Mnet Countdown. Not a song that I think needs backup dancers, but what do I know.

[quote="Derby"]
This is way better than the male version of CP, maybe because this group is serious and not a joke
[/quote]

I think they're actually getting ready for a comeback. I've already forgotten what their debut sounded like, though.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Kpop roundup :P

Fiestar's new song "One More" is nice.

Hyomin released her solo song "Nice Body" which is far less nice.

Aside from the very out of place introduction, I really love Beast's latest comeback.

Got7 are promoting A, which is the worst song on their mini album but still great and everyone should get into them.

I also love U-Kiss' new song because they are amazing and can do no wrong in my heart.

And Girls Day are having a comeback next week.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Girls Day released the MV for their new song Darling.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]
Girls Day released the MV for their new song Darling.
[/quote]

I'm underwhelmed.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Henry - Fantastic

Henry released his second mini album. For those who don't know him, he's apart of Suju-M, the Super Junior subgroup that promotes in China. I really love Fantastic and it's definitely better than anything SuJu have put out in awhile.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

+1 for Hyori's body

New girlband; Ye-A - Up and Down
I think it's catchy and for some reason I find it really funny and entertaining, but no reason at all.
There are a couple of good voices and pretty/cute girls. The maknae (black-haired) is called Chai and used to go by the name of Leah when she was GP Basic's leader
Last edited by Derby on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

lol I got mixed up and accidentally posted this in the Kago thread.

YeEun from WG is going solo under the name HA:TFELT. Teaser video for her mini album Me?.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Random kpop stuff:

f(x)'s Red Light promotions are over, super early. Everything for the upcoming month has been cancelled. Rumor is that it's because Sulli needs a break due to netizen comments and stuff, but a lot of f(x) fans think that Sulli is just over the idol thing in general and pulled out. Either way, I feel bad for the rest of f(x) because they Sulli in no way makes the f(x) lives and they could have continued promoting without her, like they did with Amber. SME haven't released a statement about the Sulli stuff.

SME also announced a few days ago that their new four member group will be debuting in a week and their name is Red Velvet. Here's the MV preview for their debut digital single "Happiness". There's like no hype for this debut since it was announced so quickly and they're debuting at the same time as YGE's new boygroup Winner. I guess SME are stupid.

Other stuff.

Hyuna released her 3rd mini album A Talk, and is promoting RED as the title track. Other tracks:

A Talk
French Kiss
From When and Until When ft. Yoseob from BEAST
Blacklist ft. LE from Exid

French Kiss and Blacklist are the standout tracks and I've been repeating them like crazy. Hyuna contributed lyrics to A Talk and From When and Until When. Blacklist was completely written by just her and LE.

And since showraniy mentioned that she didn't know a lot of the groups I mentioned in the spam thread, I'm going to post a lot of recent releases for everyone again. I'll even give commentary for people y'all might not know.

Sistar - Touch My Body
Block B - HER This song is really different but it's grown on me and I love it. They write and compose most of their stuff themselves. I think their main rapper handles the bulk of it.
Lucky J - Can You Hear Me New group but all the members were fairly well known before forming this group. It's made up of Jessica Ho, J'Kyun and J-Yo.
Taurine - Wishlist Brand new group with a super weird jazz song about all the food they want to eat.
Heyne - Red Lie Heyne is a new soloist. My friend saw this live and said she was terrible.
J-Min - Shine J-Min is with SME and isn't new, but has only released sporadically in Japan before this.
B1A4 - Solo Day - Not really new. Boy group that are fairly popular in Korea.
Nu'Est - Good Bye Bye Nu'Est aren't new, but this is their first comeback in awhile I think. They're with After School's company.
Ye-A - Up and Down Brand new girl group. One of their members used to be in GP Basic, that girl group who were all really young when they debuted. I think this song is awful.
AOA - Short Hair AOA aren't new, and originally debuted with the concept that they could be divided into a band and a dance group (I have no idea who was in who) but as far as I know, they've only promoted together with the exception of one comeback.
Bestie - Hot Baby Bestie debuted last year and three of their members used to be in Exid.
Homme - It Girl Duo made of Changmin from 2AM and Lee Hyun from 8eight. This song is funky.

That's almost everyone I think. When I first got into kpop, I really preferred girl groups but lately I've been enjoying most of the boy groups a lot more.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Red Velvet's MV is out now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4I2Ai-nNOw

Pretty cool video.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Red Velvet's song wasn't bad, I still like Ye-A better but it's ok
As I've seen there are some pictures of the 9-11 in the MV and foreigners are going nuts about it.
I personally have not seen those pictures. Maybe they mean that building with smoke @2:25

And... 4 Ladies' debut, also known as 4L; Move.
People is going crazy with this group, 'too sexy', 'sl*ts, wh**es, etc.' and all that stuff whenever a girlband has a sexy concept
I always like sexy concept, even if they're real 'sluts' like Rainbow Blaxx, but I have to admit that some of their moves were way too sexual, 60% of their choreography will be censored during their promotions for sure. They also have some lesbian scenes, and that's great, K-pop's last lesbo-kiss was between Narsha and Gain back in 2009 :(
Last edited by Derby on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Derby"]

As I've seen there are some pictures of the 9-11 in the MV and foreigners are going nuts about it.
[/quote]

I didn't see that, but the newspapers in the background of the MV have anti-Japanese WW2 propaganda headlines in them:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt7GMbvCAAA1XtJ.png:large

And what's up with that "prudence dominates" shit ?
Whoever made that collage must be some ultra right-wing person.

The 4 Ladies (great, another group with a number in the name !) MV is way too over the top. I am not sure what the fuck the choreographers and managers were trying to do, but what came out is bad and not attractive at all. In fact, I had to laugh because of how bad it is. When will people understand that slapping a vagina into your viewer's face is not an intelligent way of being erotic ?
Last edited by Ap2000 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Derby"]
Red Velvet's song wasn't bad, I still like Ye-A better but it's ok
I personally have not seen those pictures. Maybe they mean that building with smoke @2:25

And... 4 Ladies' debut, also known as 4L; Move.
People is going crazy with this group, 'too sexy', 'sl*ts, wh**es, etc.' and all that stuff whenever a girlband has a sexy concept
I always like sexy concept, even if they're real 'sluts' like Rainbow Blaxx, but I have to admit that some of their moves were way too sexual, 60% of their choreography will be censored during their promotions for sure. They also have some lesbian scenes, and that's great, K-pop's last lesbo-kiss was between Narsha and Gain back in 2009 :(
[/quote]

4 Ladies jacked Stellar's theme and took it up to 11 but forgot to add in a good song like Stellar did. They're pretty and have cute bodies, though, so at least there's that.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Ap2000"]

[/quote]

Why?
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="178176" data-time="1406933358">
<div>
[/quote]

I didn't see that, but the newspapers in the background of the MV have anti-Japanese WW2 propaganda headlines in them:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt7GMbvCAAA1XtJ.png:large
</div>
</blockquote>

I saw the 9-11 thing on Youtube, I tried to see the actual reference to the terrorist attack but it seems to be the toy airplane and buildings scene

I wanted to post 2 YT comments
The 1st one, by Paul Oh, has an explanation for the MV and the Hiroshima/911/London references:
Spoiler: [+]
1. The newspapers about Hiroshima, the scenes of 911, and the London Bus Crash were some of the demolitions and disasters that have happened in the past. In the lyrics, it tells us that demolitions in the world should stop and says they hope this kind of world wouldn't happen.

2. In 1:04 to 1:20 They use a lot of "Decalcomania Effect". The Decalcomania Effect is commonly used to express "surpassing the real world and having an IMAGINATIVE and IDEAL world" This signifies how they want to stop all the destruction.

3. In 1:21 to 1:27, They also use "Collage Theorem" which is a really famous art used by Picasso. This theorem shows "REPETITION" and describes to people how these things repeat but that they want to stop it.

4. There is a parrot in the opening part of the MV. Parrot was used for communicative messages in 100AD in Egypt, and it is a meaning of "Communication"

5. The parrot's feather has a meaning of "Cure". This MV talks a lot about helping and aiding people to happiness and "Cure" does have a lot of effect in that.

6. In 0:42 of the MV, Joy opens a door and there is a deer in the background with really long antlers. Deer antlers have been believed in Ancient China and Korea to be used as a material that connects the Living and the Dead, and Sky and Earth. It shows that they want to open a new door and orient a foreshadow of the past.

7. In 1:44 of the MV, Joy is biking and in the background, the members are dancing. But if you look at the Actual Background, there are paintings of Phoenixes, and Swans.

Phoenixes have a meaning of "Life" and "Renewal"

Swans have a meaning of "Love" and "Dreams"

They want to show these destructions should never happen again.

8. Also, the members of Red Velvet wears 5 outfits. All of the 5 outfits consist of a Tennis Skirt, which is commonly used for Cheerleading. It shows that they want to cheer, have joy, and be happy.

9. The members of Red Velvet have these names: Irene, Joy, and Wendy.

Joy, as you can clearly see, has a meaning of being "Happy" and being "Joyful"

Wendy has a meaning of "Family"

Irene has a meaning of "Peace"

And the 2nd comment is: LimonadaDeLulo hace 2 horas: embarraSM.ENT
Just because it's funny.
Last edited by Derby on Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="178179" data-time="1406937280">
<div>

[/quote]

Why?

</div>
</blockquote>

What do you think ?
It's three things the Korean right-wing stands for and parrots all the time.

It'd be the same as if you found pictures of the Sewol ferry in a J-Pop song about happiness, you're bound to have people understand it in a negative way. Also, some of that stuff is really far fetched. lol

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="178184" data-time="1406952461">

cute bodies
</blockquote>

If a dude would say that, it'd sound horribly wrong. :crazy:
Marionette is indeed a great song !
Last edited by Ap2000 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

SM re-uploaded the Happiness MV without all those newspapers
Before and After

Edit: they also removed that cloud of smoke around the buildings in the 9-11 reference, but if I'm not wrong the London accident is still the same
Last edited by Derby on Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I think people were seriously stretching with the London bombing one. That wasn't a bombing, she crashed two vehicles together.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

There's "K-Con 2014" in August, if you want to go:
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

New things in K-pop:

- Winner's debut! They have released a full album with 2 tittle tracks; Empty and Color Ring
- - - Ok both of them were too dramatic and "boring" for me. Seungyoon's voice is really good, it makes the whole thing better
- BTS will release an album in 20th August, the 1st teaser is out and it looks pretty good
- Secret comeback with a sexy concept, I'm in Love (The rest of the minialbum: Look at me, U R Fired, You'd do well)
- - - I'm happy this is not PURE SUGAR like Yoohoo and those cute releases that I have not even seen. Hyosung looks flawless and the song is catchy
- SPICA - I Did it and Ladies' Code - Kiss Kiss
- Brown Eyed Girls released a Best Album and Hush is the tittle track. Full Album here
- - - Hush sounds good, maybe you could think it's kinda random but since it's BEG I like it way better than all of the mentioned releases
Last edited by Derby on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I seriously can't get enough of either of these albums! :)
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwHTn5UTDyI">15& - Sugar</a>
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3FshC2nN68">AKMU - PLAY</a>
I replay them so much any other person would think I'd be bored of them by now but nope :lol:

The only thing I will say is that I wish that when it came to the album package and booklet JYP should've used the sketches used in <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87SsvIF30f8">this video</a> as the design choice rather than pictures from the MV for Sugar because I find these sketched incredibly charming for some reason :lol: :)

Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Winner's album is filled almost entirely with songs like Empty. It's boring.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I didn't know SPICA performed at K-con or released an English single! Some fan I am :lol: I love the music, it gives me the same vibe You Don't Love Me did :) The music video is simple but I really enjoyed watching it and it looks like the girls had a lot of fun filming it :) 
moralar
つばきファクトリー

Post by moralar »

I found out about SPICA recently. It seems like theoretically I ought to like them, but their promo tracks, while generally listenable, haven't really grabbed me. This English one is, unfortunately, no exception (although it is a far more creditable attempt than The Boys English Ver.) And I want Narae to go back to her Russian Roulette hairstyle. :noway:  
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

NHMedia and Nega Network teamed up to form a new girl group called Laboum. Here's their debut single "Pit a Pat".

4 of the girls are from Nega, one is from NHM and my friend and I can't figure out which company the sixth is from because both NHM and Nega had a trainee who goes by the name.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Déjà vu por doquier
No more cute groups please...
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Cute's making a comeback. My friend says Apink are probably the most loved girl group in Korea right now.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Decided to watch the MV! I'm working on seeing what all this Kpop jazz is about.  :whistling:  (I still worship Ap as my Kpop mentor, though  :adore: )

I really, really like the song. I find it catchy (with a few nice hooks, for me at least), and the MV is really vibrant without causing corneal explosions a la Kare to. I don't mind the cute at all, since I don't see it as overly obnoxious cute; it's executed well.