The Official H!P Question Thread

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

Re: The Official H!P Question Thread

Post by Madara »

(I have the sneaking suspicion I asked this already, got the answer and have completely forgotten it and don't recall which file I stored the info in.)

What's this guy's name?

This is from the Hello! Morning Christmas special of 12/25/05.

Thanks.

Last edited by Madara on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="168213" data-time="1386933315">What's this guy's name?

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2827/11351359196_d9439aff07.jpg</blockquote>
Takashi Okamura.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="168213" data-time="1386933315">
What's this guy's name?

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2827/11351359196_d9439aff07.jpg
</blockquote>

Takashi Okamura.

[/quote]

No, Takashi Okamura is this guy, the one from Mechaike:

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Madara"]
(I have the sneaking suspicion I asked this already, got the answer and have completely forgotten it and don't recall which file I stored the info in.)

What's this guy's name?

This is from the Hello! Morning Christmas special of 12/25/05.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Okay, my blog entry from December 23, 2010 identifies him only as Shingo.

Is there a more complete name than that?

Thanks.
Lurkette
Kenshuusei

Post by Lurkette »

[quote="Madara"]

Thanks.

[/quote]

Yanagisawa Shingo, often referred to only as "Shingo-chan."
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Does anyone know when the whole Momochi persona started?
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

2011 is when she started the pigtail phase. But the character of Momochi didn't officially debut till the Mechaike Idol Battle.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

This is from the Dec. 17, 2006 episode of Hello! Morning.

Who is this guy? What's he famous for and what's his name?

Thanks.

NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Choushuu Koriki.
<div> </div>
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
sheikhyerbutay
つばきファクトリー

Post by sheikhyerbutay »

[quote="Lurkette"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="168290" data-time="1387019203">
<div>

Thanks.

[/quote]

Yanagisawa Shingo, often referred to only as "Shingo-chan."

</div>
</blockquote>

I didn't know his name, but he is still around and is hilarious.  He is the guy in the silly costume in this clip:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCNezwPCYhI

Here is the best screen segment of him in the whole video:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VCNezwPCYhI#t=464

°C-ute!  Okai Chisato  Yajima Maimi  Suzuki Airi  Nakajima Saki  Hagiwara Mai
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I know this is going to be a controversial question but I am curious.

How popular was Koharu when she first joined? Did she actually seem happy? And how good was she at singing? Sources I've found either says she sucks or she was amazing. I don't know what to believe.
Formerly Mizura
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Coming from neither a fan, nor an anti-fan, I would say she was average, vocal wise. Right in the middle, not a Sayumi or an Ai. I don't know about her happiness or popularity, however.
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

You can watch her audition here, Mizura. She wasn't very good but I think with the right training she could have turned out less awful than she did. And yeah, she was always fairly popular with fans as far as I know.
sheikhyerbutay
つばきファクトリー

Post by sheikhyerbutay »

[quote="Anderei"]
You can watch her audition here, Mizura. She wasn't very good but I think with the right training she could have turned out less awful than she did. And yeah, she was always fairly popular with fans as far as I know.
[/quote]

After watching Koharu's audition video, I have  another question:  Did Koharu have eye surgery?

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't think so.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="sheikhyerbutay"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="168635" data-time="1387607279">
<div>
[/quote]

After watching Koharu's audition video, I have  another question:  Did Koharu have eye surgery?

</div>
</blockquote>

I think I remember hearing that she did have a bit of work done to her jaw line. I know she mentioned something on her blog eons ago. But I wouldn't be surprised if she did have eye surgery. It's so common and the fact that she's a model, it would probably be a pre-requisite that she need it done. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I went back and looked at young pictures of her and she already had double eyelids. You can see them more clearly on her photobook cover. I know she had her teeth done, but I don't recall any jaw work.
sheikhyerbutay
つばきファクトリー

Post by sheikhyerbutay »

[quote="Anderei"]
I went back and looked at young pictures of her and she already had double eyelids. You can see them more clearly on her photobook cover. I know she had her teeth done, but I don't recall any jaw work.
[/quote]

Okay.  I can't find a photo of what I am looking for to show as an example.  In some Dream Morning Musume promos, where she was standing in the group while others are talking, she had this "deer in headlight" look about her.  Eyes wide open and eyebrows arched.  It was like her eyes were frozen in a surprised look. 

The only other person I know to have that expression on stage was Wayne Newton after he had his latest face-lift.  That is why I wondered if she had eye surgery.

Given that DMM fell apart so quickly, maybe it was just the situation she was in. 

I have another question not related to Kusumi Hoharu.

I see very few threads about H!P concerts on this board.  Why is that?  Friday I finally got to watch °C-ute's Queen of J-Pop Concert.  IMHO it was the pinnacle of their young careers!  It is the best stage performance they have done to date. 

Why isn't there a thread about it?

NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I feel like Koharu has always had a sort of deer in the headlights look, and DMM didn't fall apart, per se, it's just that they're adults with children and it's more of for fun/nostalgia than an actual career group.

We have a thread from when it was announced, and a lot of concerts have threads, but it's mainly setlists and the occasional fan recording of a song until the DVD comes out and someone puts it on like youku or something.  Even then, however, there isn't much activity since some people can't use youku, plus there's a huge difference between a five minute PV and an approximately two hour concert, not everyone has the time/desire to watch it, so there's not much conversation.
sheikhyerbutay
つばきファクトリー

Post by sheikhyerbutay »

[quote="NekoKai"]
I feel like Koharu has always had a sort of deer in the headlights look, and DMM didn't fall apart, per se, it's just that they're adults with children and it's more of for fun/nostalgia than an actual career group.

We have a thread from when it was announced, and a lot of concerts have threads, but it's mainly setlists and the occasional fan recording of a song until the DVD comes out and someone puts it on like youku or something.  Even then, however, there isn't much activity since some people can't use youku, plus there's a huge difference between a five minute PV and an approximately two hour concert, not everyone has the time/desire to watch it, so there's not much conversation.
[/quote]

Thanks for pointing out the thread to me.   I did word searches for "Queen of J-Pop" here and didn't get the above thread.

NekoKai, did you go to Paris with the boyfriend?

The Cutie Queen concert is now on youku and H!O. 

Is it okay to post a youku link here of the concert?

Last edited by sheikhyerbutay on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I did not go, there was a scheduling conflict on his part, and I didn't feel like being in Paris alone.  You could post a link in that thread, though it's kind of old, so maybe just in the H!P spam thread? :ph34r:
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="sheikhyerbutay"]

I see very few threads about H!P concerts on this board.  Why is that?  Friday I finally got to watch °C-ute's Queen of J-Pop Concert.  IMHO it was the pinnacle of their young careers!  It is the best stage performance they have done to date. 

Why isn't there a thread about it?

[/quote]

I have the DVD of this concert but I haven't watched it yet. Miraculously, it came on a second disc with the CD album (I wish they'd do that more often).
Last edited by Madara on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
sheikhyerbutay
つばきファクトリー

Post by sheikhyerbutay »

[quote="NekoKai"]
I did not go, there was a scheduling conflict on his part, and I didn't feel like being in Paris alone.  You could post a link in that thread, though it's kind of old, so maybe just in the H!P spam thread? :ph34r:
[/quote]

That's too bad.  I do know how you feel.  When Berryz was in New Jersey, I couldn't swing it.  Missed them in the USA. :confused:   When Riena and Lovendor were in San Fransisco last summer I could have been there if only UFA had properly promoted the event!!!    I found out about it with less than 24 hrs to get there.  Nuts!!!   :doh:

[quote="Madara"]

I have the DVD of this concert but I haven't watched it yet. Miraculously, it came on a second disc with the CD album (I wish they'd do that more often).

[/quote]
Wow!  Lucky you!  They have a ten minute segment in the concert that I have watched about a dozen times now.  That is how much I like it.  There °C-ute's Fabulous Five sing something you rarely hear in H!P music ~ harmony!  Lots of it!  In acapella even!  That segment starts at 51:26 and runs to about 61:40 

It was so good Mrs. Sheikh came into the room and listened.  (She is my biggest critic for watching J-pop.)  She admired both the singing and the girls dresses.  (She was a dancer in her youth)  She was touched by the vocals and understood why I watch them. 

Madara, I would like to send you a PM about it.

NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I need help with this photo set.  It goes Sayumi, Yuko, Mari?
<div> </div>
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Maki, not Mari.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<p style="font-size:13.63636302947998px;">So am I the only one that was quite shocked by my Taiyou PB? It wasn't as near as big as her first two, and it was paperback. Mine is, at least. Is it just me, and YesAsia ripped me off, or is it just how they made it this time?
<p style="font-size:13.63636302947998px;"> 
<p style="font-size:13.63636302947998px;">Picture of all three of my PBs:
<p style="font-size:13.63636302947998px;">Image
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I'd check with the Riho fans on H!O. Not too many people on the bbs buy photobooks. It is possible that they decided to not do hardcover for whatever reason this time.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I posted on the H!O Riho thread too, but the people here on the BBS are much more knowledgeable about pretty much everything, so I posted here as well.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

If you could read Japanese, I think on the Amazon listing for it, it should mention whether it was paperback.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="169211" data-time="1388798964">So am I the only one that was quite shocked by my Taiyou PB? It wasn't as near as big as her first two, and it was paperback. Mine is, at least. Is it just me, and YesAsia ripped me off, or is it just how they made it this time?</blockquote>
Amazon Japan provides dimensions for the books and according to them Taiyou is indeed smaller:

Sayashi Riho - 30.2 x 21.8 x 1.2 cm
1 2 3 - 30.2 x 21.8 x 1.4 cm
Taiyou - 25.6 x 18.4 x 1.4 cm

I've seen both formats (size-wise and hard cover/paperback) in H!P photobooks personally, so you're probably ok.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~