The K-Pop Spam Thread

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Zaeleus
ANGERME

Re: The K-Pop Spam Thread

Post by Zaeleus »

Nine Muses - Hurt Locker. The verses have a great summer vibe, the build up in the pre-chorus is good, and the chorus is pure dance energy.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I actually liked it a lot.
I couldn't help but think that fans still have not accepted Keumjo in the group(?
I'd like to know if that is the reason to cut all her shots from her last 2 lines

Anyway I'm waiting to see those choruses sung live!
Image Hey
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/07/sixteen-final-episode-reveals-members-of-new-jyp-girl-group-twice/
The members for JYP's girl group TWICE (I still don't really care for that name) have been announced! Instead of the originally planned 7 members, they've decided to make it a 9 member group.

The members are: Jihyo, Nayeon, Chaeyoung, Jungyeon, Mina, Sana, Dahyun, Tzuyu, and Momo.
I think it's worth noting that Sana, Mina, and Momo are Japanese, and Tzuyu is Taiwanese, so there's some variety here. I'm hoping that they will release singles in Japan as well (or actually they have enough to do a Japanese sub-unit if they wanted).

The ages are 16-19 (omg half the group is younger than me).

I didn't really watch the show so otherwise I don't know anything about the members. :D They should debut by the end of the year. (Not that you should trust anything JYP says.)
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It's a decent lineup. Not great because 6 of the 9 are just visual/dancer girls. Jihyo and Jungyeon will be the vocalists most likely and Chaeyoung the main rapper. Dahyun and Tzuyu are total dead weight and the rest will dance and do sub vocals.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I was about to complain about only one member being older than me... but actually only Haruna is older than me in MM but I guess it's different with K-pop
Image Hey
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Madara"]
In case anyone cares that Emma Stone loves K-pop:

http://teamcoco.com/video/emma-stone-k-pop?playlist=x%3BeyJ0eXBlIjoidGFnIiwiaWQiOjIzNjF9
[/quote]

Super cool, I love her even more. :D
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I just felt like doing this today. Yesterday I was watching Nine Muses debut stage, which is named as "Horrible debut" on Youtube, and reading the comments I found out that Girl's day's debut was horrid too. So this is the before and after of the top and not-so-top girlbands in K-pop, from 2006 to 2012 only. Posting their debut stage and their most recent performance to compare.

2006 - 2007
Brown Eyed Girls: from Come closer (2006) to Kill Bill/Recipe (2013) - I think it's sad how BEG is probably one of the most skilled girlbands in K-pop but also one of the most underrateds. They have 3 great singers and the best female rapper until LE stepped into the scene and was the only one who got potential to take the title. They really made a difference with the release of Sound G, Abracadabra and Sixth Sense remain as Legendary and they released 3 great albums in a row. I think what makes them less appealing to the mainstream public is that they seem to be on the edge of the Idol world, with less exposure than Idols from popular agencies. And of course the fact that 3 of the members are almost on their mid-thirties.
Wonder Girlsfrom Irony (2007) to ??? (2015) -  I won't put Like This as their latest performance because it's already 3 years old, and their comeback as a band is said to be planned for August, so compare by yourself. They were on the top 3 girlbands right? but they kinda waste it moving to the US for 'training' while the newer girlbands were getting popular in Korea, and then the hiatus... They had a lot of potential, they were the first K-pop group to perform on American TV and their retro style was just great and what made them different from other groups. I hope their comeback will be a total success and not a flop and they'll start their route back to the top.
KARAfrom Break it (2007) to Cupid (2015) - KARA must be the popular group with the less consistent style and concept. Break it, Honey, Step, Pandora, Lupin, they always go with something different and I remember somebody who didn't like KARA saying "well maybe that's why people like them, because they have songs for everybody". I would like to know what path they would have taken if their best singer didn't leave the group, their agency would have released the same songs or something that fits Sunghee better? Anyway I love how KARA stayed relevant all this years with not so much personality as a group, although I hate how their success has faded at such speed. Since Youngji has been everywhere since her debut, I thought she could save the group a bit and bring some younger fans with her personality.
Girls' Generationfrom Into the new world (2007) to Party (2015) - Isn't ITNW an iconic song in K-pop? I will always remember it as that. They went through so much shit during their first 2 years but they kept going until they got to be the Nº1 girlband in Korea, I think that's an example for the newer groups, to keep growing and become the best new star. They're my favorite group but somehow I don't have that much to say about them. If 2-3 members wanted to quit next year or whatever, I'd rather want all of them to quit and have an epic Goodbye than watching them keep going as a 5 member group with their popularity fading miserably. Better be a legend than a broken toy.

After Schoolfrom Ah! (2009) to Shh (2014) - They haven't released anything in Korea since First Love. I don't think they have much potential during their debut. Kahi was a charismatic and skilled Idol but I think the songs after her graduation are actually better. And AS should get some recognition for trying new things such as pole, majorette or tap dancing, they're more oriented to dancing after all (props to Raina for her singing). Their agency's current situation is bad but I hope they can recover and get to be somebody one day, what is unlikely.
2NE1from Fire (2009) to Come back home (2014) - I HATE the YG status. Once they become a solid top group after a couple years, you'll be lucky if you see some actual promotions from them as a group once a year. I always asked myself when I was a newer fan why can't they be like any other Idols? Anyway they're still my 2nd favorite K-pop group, but I feel that's their spot just because they were the 1st group I listened to and the 1st one I liked xD If they were not the first maybe I would not have this feeling of loyalty towards them. Anyhow their potential as a group has always been really strong, I like Bom, but she has a better personality than singing skills, I wouldn't mind if Minzy was the main singer at this point, she has improved so much.
4Minutefrom Hot Issue (2009) to Crazy (2015) - 4Minute is weird to me because I don't know how the haven't become the top 3 group, but at the same time I don't see any reason for them to be that big, though I would classify Hyuna as a top-class Idol currently. I've said here that I think Volume up is the greatest they have ever been, after some stupid releases they got Crazy which is a really good jam so I'm looking forward to their next release, they will either waste their potential again or get some good songs.
T-arafrom Lies (2009) to Sugar Free (2014) - If I'm not wrong they used to be called the Digital Monsters because they had great digital sales, and their strike of hits gave them the potential to get to the top 3, but one single scandal was enough to fuck up all their achievements and struggle to survive on the scene but fortunately they're on a much better situation now that most people doesn't  believe in the bullying rumors anymore as many of the prooves were proven false. I think the Queens must be one of the most loyal fandoms in K-pop as they kept supporting the group and deal with an insane amount of horrible critics towards them. They don't have any outstanding singer, nor they have any outstanding dancer or rapper, or at least a member who is easily recognized by +85% of the population, but still they proved that a group is able to be succesfull not relying on skills or awesome bodies. They also used to be the PLAYBACK MONSTERS because oh God there is no group that has used playback as many times as T-ara back in the day, I'm glad they sing mostly live now. Oh and Soyeon has my favorite voice in this whole genre :)
F(x)from LA chATA (2009) to Red Light (2014) - F(x) always been understimated... Their album songs from Pink Tape and Red Light have a lot more quality than their title track, two title tracks that suck balls if you compare them to the leading album song *cough* AIRPLANE *cough*. I don't really follow F(x) but I know many fans were disappointed with their latest promotions, they were pretty much dead and I saw they used the same pre-recorded many times so I don't know, people said they were supposed to be kind of dead because of Red Light's concept and not smiling, but energy doesn't come from a smile if you know what I mean. Did I mention their fans don't even have a name after 6 years?
Secretfrom I want you back (2009) to I'm in love (2014) - I kind of feel their agency never knew what style they should have. It's not normal to oscillate between the cutesy of Shy boy and Yoohoo! to the classy and sexy Poison and I'm in love. If you ask me, I'd always say sexy, ok, but it's different with Secret because Hyosung's body was made to be provocative! and I find Sunhwa an Jieun to be more beautiful than cute so yeah, Secret stay sexxxy.
Rainbowfrom Gossip Girl (2009) to Black Swan (2015) - Here's another group who doesn't know if they should be cute or sexy, and of course they're better with a sexy image. Just like Hyosung, Jaekyung has been complimented by her body. Is it possible that the worst thing of Rainbow is being from DSP? I actually have this feeling of love towards the group just because A is one of my favorite songs and I'm still waiting for them to go back to that style! Oh and Gossip Girl gets my personal bronze medal for the worst debut song coming from a girlband.

2010 - 2012
SISTARfrom Push Push (2010) to Shake it (2015) - I don't really like SISTAR, and I know I may sound like a mongoloid who still doesn't understand that this is a business, but the reason I don't really like them is that they use their bodies too much for me. And you'll be like "BUT u jst said yu'd pik sexy abov evrything", yes but if they want to be bitches, then be bitches with a sexy sound, but don't act all cute while you guys are shaking and slaping each other's asses. That said, I would totally be a fan of SISTAR from 2011-2013 (So Cool, Alone, Give it to me), but not with their current style. Now I also have to say I like that this group has made their way to the top 3 coming from an agency that doesn't really make you think their succes is assured just like SM or YG. They were lucky to have such a good ace that is Hyorin since the beginning.
Miss Afrom Good Girl, Bad Girl (2010) to Only you (2015) - I know I was disappointed with Only you but I'm glad Miss A's performances never disappoint. All of their members are able to sing by themselves and their songs are usually good, I'm actually sad they never made it to the top 3 but it's ok :( 
Girl's Dayfrom Tilt my head (2010) to Ring my bell (2015) - And the GOLD medal for the worst debut song goes for Tilt my head, what is with that awkward cute style and the overly autotuned song? They fastly changed their minds later that year with Nothing lasts forever which has a great bridge and should have been a better debut song, the group would not have had a song that would make them feel ashamed a couple years later. Anyway the group has grown so much that I didn't even realize how big they've become.
Nine Musesfrom No Playboy (2010) to Hurt Locker (2015) - Silver medal for the worst debut song Yaaaay. If nobody here knows about it, back in the day Nine Muses got a documentary -which I can't find in english...- made by the BBC that showed the struggles a regular girlband has to pass through for their debut. And yes their debut sucked and they kinda got scolded for that, but heeeey maybe if you didn't give them a song that sucks so fucking much they would have done better! just saying. Nine Muses along BEG is for me the 2 most underrated girlbands, but it's worse with Nine Muses because, while they're not as good singers as BEG, they fit way better in the K-pop standards. Tall, sexy, cute, pretty, hot, etc. A couple of good and decent singers and known as the most synchronized girlband, and still no #1 since their debut. They used to have bad songs but from Ticket they've gotten a better quality, which is the reason I think this girls should get bigger.
A Pinkfrom I don't know (2011) to Remember (2015) - I always said I hated cute concepts but I've got to give props to A Pink for being the only group that is actually loyal for their style and have stayed cute since the beginning... not like hello venus the devil.
Crayon Popfrom Saturday Night (2012) to Ra Ri Ru Re (2015) - Sorry ap. They always had this goofy style from the beginning and I could have even become a fan if they stayed like that. But they went too over the top with the stupidity on their songs. I have to say that their debut stage was actually good for a new group specially if their songs doesn't require much of a skill to sing.

Aaaaand I'm done.
Last edited by Derby on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="189927" data-time="1437107683">Crayon Popfrom Saturday Night (2012) to Ra Ri Ru Re (2015) - Sorry ap. They always had this goofy style from the beginning and I could have even become a fan if they stayed like that. But they went too over the top with the stupidity on their songs. I have to say that their debut stage was actually good for a new group specially if their songs doesn't require much of a skill to sing.</blockquote>
I'm not sure what you mean, but if you would have made this list just a bit earlier, FM would be on there, a very cool electro song.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="189927" data-time="1437107683">Brown Eyed Girls</blockquote>
Despite not having done much as a group since Black Box (2013), Narsha, Miryo, and Ga In all have solo activities. Narsha is a fixed cast member on SNL Korea; Ga In released two EPs, Truth or Dare (2014) and Hawwah (2015), since; and Miryo plans a new solo release soon, with the promise that Brown Eyed Girls will be returning soon after.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="189927" data-time="1437107683">After School</blockquote>
Poor After School. They had great concepts while Kahi was leader and did have some good Japanese songs like "Shh" and "Heaven". Funnily enough, After School ended up becoming overshadowed by their own subgroup Orange Caramel.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="189927" data-time="1437107683">Girl's Day: ... And the GOLD medal for the worst debut song goes for Tilt my head, what is with that awkward cute style and the overly autotuned song?</blockquote>
A truly terrible track. Minah acknowledges Girl's Day's debut was embarrassing.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="189927" data-time="1437107683">Nine Muses: ... If nobody here knows about it, back in the day Nine Muses got a documentary -which I can't find in english...- made by the BBC that showed the struggles a regular girlband has to pass through for their debut.</blockquote>
It's actually an independent film by Style Chosun and Minch & Films. The BBC aired an abridged version of it. See 9 Muses of Star Empire (2012).

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="189927" data-time="1437107683">Crayon Pop: ... They always had this goofy style from the beginning and I could have even become a fan if they stayed like that. But they went too over the top with the stupidity on their songs.</blockquote>
I'd take goofy Crayon Pop over their original concept as Hurricane Pop.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

That list is depressing because most of them are groups that either were big at one time or seemed like they were gonna be and didn't quite make it.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="189927" data-time="1437107683">
Crayon Popfrom Saturday Night (2012) to Ra Ri Ru Re (2015) - Sorry ap. They always had this goofy style from the beginning and I could have even become a fan if they stayed like that. But they went too over the top with the stupidity on their songs. I have to say that their debut stage was actually good for a new group specially if their songs doesn't require much of a skill to sing.
</blockquote>
I'm not sure what you mean, but if you would have made this list just a bit earlier, FM would be on there, a very cool electro song.[/quote]
I'm not sure of what you aren't sure either but I'll explain the whole comment. I mean their songs were already goofy since their debut. But as time passed by, their title songs were becoming more and more stupid to the point that now they are singing "la li lu lelo lalala lu le li trolololololll". And also that I could have been a fan of them with songs like Bing Bing for example

[quote="Zaeleus"]
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="189927" data-time="1437107683">
 Brown Eyed Girls
</blockquote>

Despite not having done much as a group since Black Box (2013), Narsha, Miryo, and Ga In all have solo activities. Narsha is a fixed cast member on SNL Korea; Ga In released two EPs, Truth or Dare (2014) and Hawwah (2015), since; and Miryo plans a new solo release soon, with the promise that Brown Eyed Girls will be returning soon after.

Nine Muses: ... If nobody here knows about it, back in the day Nine Muses got a documentary -which I can't find in english...- made by the BBC that showed the struggles a regular girlband has to pass through for their debut.
</blockquote>

It's actually an independent film by Style Chosun and Minch & Films. The BBC aired an abridged version of it. See 9 Muses of Star Empire (2012).[/quote]

Thank you for both links. Miryo is my favorite rapper and one of my favorite Idols too so I'm waiting for her comeback like a rainfall on August. And of course I don't forget Gain's solo activities, I think she's the best Idol-to-soloist since her debut.

I actually think I should have put AOA instead of Crayon pop or A Pink for example. Since both groups havn't change their style that much, and AOA started also as a band but later on became another sexy group... I think the difference is bigger with them.
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="190018" data-time="1437456314"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="189937" data-time="1437131340"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="189927" data-time="1437107683">Crayon Popfrom Saturday Night (2012) to Ra Ri Ru Re (2015) - Sorry ap. They always had this goofy style from the beginning and I could have even become a fan if they stayed like that. But they went too over the top with the stupidity on their songs. I have to say that their debut stage was actually good for a new group specially if their songs doesn't require much of a skill to sing.</blockquote>I'm not sure what you mean, but if you would have made this list just a bit earlier, FM would be on there, a very cool electro song.</blockquote>I'm not sure of what you aren't sure either but I'll explain the whole comment. I mean their songs were already goofy since their debut. But as time passed by, their title songs were becoming more and more stupid to the point that now they are singing "la li lu lelo lalala lu le li trolololololll". And also that I could have been a fan of them with songs like Bing Bing for example</blockquote>
But not all of their songs are like that, which is why I was confused. FM was a relatively serious song.
I also wouldn't call Love Christmas extremely goofy.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

GFRIEND just had their comeback and the only reason I post it is because the title is in spanish, me gustas tú - I like you -
Last edited by Derby on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Queen - Miryo ft. Gain, just as usual, she's not in the video

Don't expect too much, because the song isn't really good...
Image Hey
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="190356" data-time="1438405160">Queen - Miryo ft. Gain, just as usual, she's not in the video

Don't expect too much, because the song isn't really good...</blockquote>
The bar was set too high with everything on MIRYO aka JOHONEY (2012). This is definitely underwhelming.

For something of a similar style, A.KOR Black's "How We Do" is quite good and has a far better hook.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

The whole teaser is what parents would classify as extremely inappropiate for children XD
Is she going to get exiled from Korea?
Image Hey
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

AAAAAAAAH, HYUNA!! :wub:

So slutty and inappropriate, just how I love her. I can't wait for more of her, though I was hoping for some more Trouble Maker soon. I guess they're just focusing on their solo activities for now.
Last edited by showraniy on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Everytime I decide to watch a MV I already like with subs it makes me dislike it quite a bit.
Are there any girlgroup K-pop songs that aren't about love in some form?
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I highly doubt that you'll find many pop songs in general that aren't about love. That's just the nature of all pop music from what I can tell.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

K-Pop and the Korean border conflict:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxkFQSY66oQ
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I thought I understood the whole situation with that video, but after reading the comments I'm confused...
Playing Genie was something they used to do to torture N.Korea but because of those 2 soldiers who were injuried by a N.Korean landmine they unplugged the speakers as a sign of peace?? what?
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="190979" data-time="1440592643">
I thought I understood the whole situation with that video, but after reading the comments I'm confused...

Playing Genie was something they used to do to torture N.Korea but because of those 2 soldiers who were injuried by a N.Korean landmine they unplugged the speakers as a sign of peace?? what?
</blockquote>

No, South Korea used to blast propaganda from their side of the DMZ (demilitarized zone between NK and SK) into the North up until about 10 or so years ago, at which point they stopped because of an agreement with the North.

In early August of this year two SK soldiers triggered a landmine in the DMZ while being on patrol (shown in the video).

SK said NK planted those mines there recently.

Because of that, SK started putting up the speakers again and they play various anti-North and also (cultural) propaganda stuff. Not just K-pop, but also statements from NK defectors, speeches about the quality of life in NK/SK, how NK breaks international human rights etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were left over from the war and SK just doesn't have the balls to admit their fault.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Oh then the whole speakers-thing is still going on
I don't know why they use Genie, if they wanted to torture Jong il-chan there is a handful of songs that would make them shoot their heads
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Derby"]
Oh then the whole speakers-thing is still going on
I don't know why they use Genie, if they wanted to torture Jong il-chan there is a handful of songs that would make them shoot their heads
[/quote]

Just on Sunday (not sure which timezone exactly) they finally reached an agreement to calm their asses:
http://www.nknews.org/2015/08/s-korea-to-stop-loudspeaker-broadcasts-n-korea-to-regret-for-mine/
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

PolarisMusic Official released a trip MV to the Ladies Code song I'm Fine, Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO5GcM5lnDE
Formerly Mizura
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Gfriend became viral, but not for their songs, but for falling 6 to 7 times on stage with multiple slips. Same shit as always, it rains and there is no stuff to dry everyting up in 30-45 seconds between performances. Or maybe they just washed the whole stage with vegetable oil or something.
Anyway, I couldn't help but laugh everytime they fell, then I would feel bad for how ridiculous the whole situation is, I think these are the common reactions for this kind of things...
They made it to the Dailymail and other western sites too.
Image Hey