Hello!Spam :: 2014 ~Spring Remix~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2014 ~Spring Remix~

Post by al kusanagi »

That's why Berryz is breaking up. They're all finally showing symptoms, so in a few months they're going to have to take them behind the barn and shoot them before it spreads to the rest of the world.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="180750" data-time="1413123983">And on an unrelated note.

Spoiler: [+]
</blockquote>
Even better:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="180750" data-time="1413123983">
This is like when the 6th gen joined. They were announced in January but it wasn't till July after two singles and an album were released that they finally debuted</blockquote>

But they aren't recording and releasing stuff without them. TIKI BUN and 14 shou don't count because they were recorded before 12th gen was announced. This is the same pattern as Sakura, and similar to 10th gen.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I'm presuming all future generations will be like this and become active members at the start of the year when the name changes.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="180750" data-time="1413123983">
And on an unrelated note.

</blockquote>

Even better:
[/quote]

In the first photo they all look cute imo (well, except Maasa..) but in the second one.. maybe Rii & Captain are a bit cute but the others... ^^'

Campy <3 !
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah I hate to say it but the first picture makes me wish Risako wore pigtails more...she looks absolutely freaking adorable there.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Edit: Nevermind
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

That's not Kanon's name.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Really? It was in a 2ch thread with her name. That's disappointing that they got it wrong.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Berryz met Hashimoto Kanna
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

That's for the Karaoke thing right? Dam Channel!

I saw her last time I was there, before her it was Kyary
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I am excited because they are going to be on DAM Channel from like mid November to Mid December and we're going for Karaoke for my 30th (gaaaah) which falls in that time, and the place we go has the DAM machine!!!
Kaori • Risako 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="180819" data-time="1413352730">
That's for the Karaoke thing right? Dam Channel!

I saw her last time I was there, before her it was Kyary</blockquote>
Yes, but I didn't know what DAM was until Yuzu's post.

Momoko has also met Kanna through Oha-Star.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
pharbron
つばきファクトリー

Post by pharbron »

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">Friday, October 3, 2014, 2 passes took place on the same day on the Morning Musume tenure list.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">Mizuki, Erina, Riho and Kanon pass Li Chun and Qian Lin to move into 19th.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">Sakura passes Ichii Sayaka to move into 32nd.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;text-align:right;"> 

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">1. Michishige Sayumi is at 11 years, 8 months, 14 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">2. Niigaki Risa is at 10 years, 8 months, 22 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">3. Tanaka Reina is at 10 years, 4 months, 2 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">4. Takahashi Ai is at 10 years, 1 month, 4 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">5. Kamei Eri is at 7 years, 10 months, 26 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">6. Iida Kaori is at 7 years, 4 months, 23 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">7. Yoshizawa Hitomi is at 7 years, 20 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">8. Yaguchi Mari is at 6 years, 11 months, 11 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">9. Abe Natsumi is at 6 years, 4 months, 18 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">10. Mitsui Aika is at 5 years, 5 months, 8 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">11. Ishikawa Rika is at 5 years, 21 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">12. Yasuda Kei is at 5 years, 2 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">13. Ogawa Makoto is at 5 years, 1 day

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">14. Konno Asami is at 4 years, 10 months, 27 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">15. Kusumi Koharu is at 4 years, 7 months, 5 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">16. Fujimoto Miki is at 4 years, 4 months, 13 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">17. Tsuji Nozomi and Kago Ai are at 4 years, 3 months, 16 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"><b>19. Fukumura Mizuki, Ikuta Erina, Sayashi Riho and Suzuki Kanon are at 3 years, 9 months, 1 day</b>

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">23. Li Chun and Qian Lin are at 3 years, 9 months

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">25. Nakazawa Yuko is at 3 years, 7 months, 8 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">26. Goto Maki is at 3 years, 1 month, 1 day

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">27. Iikubo Haruna, Ishida Ayumi, Sato Masaki and Kudo Haruka are at 2 years, 10 months, 13 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">31. Ishiguro Aya is at 2 years, 4 months

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;"><b>32. Oda Sakura is at 2 years, 19 days</b>

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">33. Ichii Sayaka is at 2 years, 18 days

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">34. Fukuda Asuka is at 1 year, 7 months, 11 days 

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">35. Ogata Haruna, Nonaka Miki, Makino Marina and Haga Akane are at 3 days
<div style="text-align:center;">
<p style="font-family:Arial;">Image
</div>
<p class="bbc_center">signature and avatar by me
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I feel bad saying this, but 9th gen have improved less in three years than I thought they were going to.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

I feel like Riho and Eripon have done what they were brought in to do, that is for Riho to be the centre and for Eripon to be the crazy one doing crazy stuff (which she should do MORE of if you ask me!!)

Mizuki and Kanon really haven't improved, now how much they have a choice about this is debatable of course, does Mizuki avoid the overly sexy outfits because she doesn't want to wear them or because the management decide against it, is Kanon not trying to be funny on tv shows or interviews on purpose or because the management just think it's a bad idea. Personally I loved her bug impressions, she just needs to find something new every single. (easier said than done)

I think it's hard for Riho to improve really, H!P voice coaches are infamous for being bad and she was a better dance before she joined than any MM or H!P member has been ever, how can she be expected to improve when the dance moves have to be kept simple because other members can't dance so well....
Last edited by rob on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Mizuki DOES do gravure, rob. That's the only thing I imagine you could be talking about. And Kanon's not going to ditch the pocchari character and go back to bug impressions. The pocchari stuff got her onto VS Arashi.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

I mean in general she dresses fairly conservatively, I know she does gravure but it wouldn't hurt MM for her to be "Sexy Musume"

As for Kanon I'm not wanting her to go BACK to bug impressions but rather continue to be funny in her own way.

Riho - Cool
Eripon - Crazy
Mizuki - Sexy
Kanon - Funny

You see where I'm going with this right? ;)
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

[quote="Anderei"]
Mizuki DOES do gravure, rob.
[/quote]

How come she is still so awkward with sexy concept. She is bland, whether it's her voice or her facial expression. She tries to act sexy WHILE keeping her elegant image, but that will never work for her. She will always be half-assed if she keeps going like this.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="rob"]
I mean in general she dresses fairly conservatively, I know she does gravure but it wouldn't hurt MM for her to be "Sexy Musume"
[/quote]

She dresses just like everyone else in the group. I'd say it's an extension of the fashion trends in Japan right now rather than her being conservative. Is there anyone in H!P who you think does dress sexy? No one comes to mind for me.

Also, I do see what you were going with the character thing. I can't say I agree with it, though.

@smtmissin, because she's an idol doing gravure work and not a professional model. At the end of the day, she doesn't really need to be good at it, considering the focus isn't exactly her expressions anyway.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

<div>I don't think it's all that fair to judge Kanon for not being hilarious on tv shows - despite becoming more popular these days, Momusu still get far fewer avenues to express themselves when it comes to variety programming.  I'm not even sure if they WANT the girls to have much personality these days - after all, Masaki is a total loud mouth weirdo who would make for flawless variety, but apparently they don't want her on television. Honestly, Kanon's best asset is her voice, but UFP clearly have zero interest in utilizing it. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>As far as Mizuki goes, I have to agree with smtmissin.  She was my favorite in 9th gen and I thought she would go far, but she has shown little to no growth in as a singer or performer in three entire years. The same goes for Haruka - I thought she'd be well on her way to becoming a powerhouse vocalist (by idol standards, anyway) in no time but she sounds basically exactly the same now as she did at debut.  </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Truthfully, I do not think Morning Musume is the kind of group meant to foster growth or make stars anymore.  Their whole image and structure seems to be much more focused on functioning as a unit.  For some people, I think this is more appealing than the old Morning Musume that was full of girls fighting for screen time and attention 24/7.  Morning Musume is simply not as competitive as it used to be, and almost nothing makes people seek growth more than a competitive environment.</div>
Last edited by Farrah on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

As far as 9th gen improvement, after seeing them live I have to say Riho's voice has improved.  It's still not the best, but she didn't sound like she was straining at all aka it didn't hurt my throat to listen to her sing.

Also...in person there was a je ne sais quoi about Mizuki.  Her performance didn't really stand out to me but during the handshake I was like mesmerized by her.

Honestly I remember being impressed by Erina's solo lines as well.

And I already loved Zukki.  I can't say whether she improved or not but she did well.
Kaori • Risako 

rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

Aika had the "potential" to be sexy musume too but (again either her or her managers) failed to ever flaunt what she has. All she did was epic fail try to be cutesy which didn't suit her at all, if you're Aibon, nono, Kamei, junjun, eripon or masaki then sure, shoot for the stars of the whole cutesy fool character, be silly, be funny and be cute while you're doing it.

But if you're sexy, then be sexy, rock the world.

If you are talented and can kill it on stage like Riho and Sakura can then do so, knock em dead with your performance. (of course being a member of MM kinda requires all members to do this but you surely get while I single out Riho and Sakura for these roles)

I guess what I'm ultimately saying here is to play to your strengths. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="rob"]
Aika had the "potential" to be sexy musume too but (again either her or her managers) failed to ever flaunt what she has. All she did was epic fail try to be cutesy which didn't suit her at all, if you're Aibon, nono, Kamei, junjun, eripon or masaki then sure, shoot for the stars of the whole cutesy fool character, be silly, be funny and be cute while you're doing it.

But if you're sexy, then be sexy, rock the world.

If you are talented and can kill it on stage like Riho and Sakura can then do so, knock em dead with your performance. (of course being a member of MM kinda requires all members to do this but you surely get while I single out Riho and Sakura for these roles)

I guess what I'm ultimately saying here is to play to your strengths. 
[/quote]

This is what set the Golden Era apart from all others that follow it. All of the girls girls from the 4th Gen on back were pretty much allowed to just be themselves, as opposed to adopting a personality to fit the group, which I think subsequent members were encouraged to do. I don't know if this is just my mind making shit up or not, but I seem to recall one of the first episodes of H!M to feature the 5th Gen girls where one of the older girls tells them that they will have to create a persona in order to stand out. I remember thinking then that that was horrible advice.

It feels like they've gone back to mostly letting the girls be who they are naturally again, or at least it seems that way to me. I don't get the feeling that anyone is trying too hard when I see them like I did with the 5th - 7th generations.
Last edited by JPope on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

You know, I've been trying to figure out why Berryz disbanding is so saddening to me - between BK and C-ute, I've always been more of a C-ute fan, although BK have definitely had their moments of greatness.  But after tossing it around in my head, I realized that what makes it so sad is that H!P girls don't graduate and go on to some new, big project anymore.  The days of graduating a group to go on to an H!P solo career like Maki, Nacchi or Yuko, or to go into a new group like TsujiKago or Rika... are totally dead.  That just doesn't really happen anymore.  90% of this group that I grew up with (the youngest member being my age) are going to very nearly or even completely disappear.  The most we'll see of any of them will most likely be the occasional CM or very rare variety appearance, maybe a little low-key modeling.  That makes the entire thing feel much more final - like there's nothing left to look forward to.  I can't really see anyone in Berryz going on to pursue a career that will be easy to keep up with.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Did you blank out the fact that Momoko exists? She's not going anywhere. She's all over TV. I also guarantee that Berryz will pop up at least twice a year for the big winter and summer HP concerts.

Odds are also pretty good of Buono becoming a main HP group.
Last edited by al kusanagi on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

They could really push for Buono sales if they get together permanently..... Sounds likes a good idea to me but we'll have to wait and see.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I thought no-one cares about Buono anymore except for the English-speaking fans. They have been inactive for so long, I don't think they can revive. I would prefer they make sub-units out of Momusu, people will support them. Due to the slow development of the members in the last 2-3 years and the addition of a new gen, the faces of the members still seem new and fresh to fans. Fans will be hyped with the sub-units, just like when J=J was first formed. I am so happy now that Sayumi graduates and members will get more chances to shine. First Takahashi and Risa, then Reina, then Sayumi, the new gens had to wait such a long time to be able to shine on their own. It must be the reason I'm not sad at all  that Sayumi will graduate (aside from the fact that she is not my favorite).
Last edited by smtmissin on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Buono hasn't been a thing since Momochi became a household name. Without Sayu, HP only has one person with any real daytime media presence (although Chisato is working her way up). It only makes sense to take advantage of Momo and Miya's free time, and bring back Buono as a full group to try and cash in on Momoko's popularity and pull in some Berryz and C-ute fans.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I am aware that Momoko exists, LOL.  But these days, keeping up with Japanese variety and whatnot requires a lot of effort if you're a non-Japanese fan.  It's damn near impossible to get away with uploading Japanese shows to any streaming sites (even dailymotion stuff is getting taken down now) and most people don't care enough to torrent things like that.  Only big Momoko fans are going to bother keeping up with her variety appearances, especially hardcore if they're international ones.  Unless you're a really big fan of one girl, you're probably not going to spend much time scouring the internet to find out about her picture being in some make up tutorial in a no-name magazine, or her three minute long appearance on some random variety show. Their post-BK careers are going to be very difficult to follow compared to if any of them went on to form a new group or go solo or something, now that Japan is so strict about piracy and streaming sites especially.  But H!P girls simply don't go on to do that post-graduation anymore.  Keeping up with someone who randomly pops up on variety or sporadically in magazines requires a lot more dedication than following an idol career.  I find the possibility of a Buono reunion unlikely since H!P took them off the site earlier this year, but not entirely impossible, I guess.
Last edited by Farrah on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.