[2015.08.19] Morning Musume.'15 - Oh my wish! / SUKAtto My Heart / Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: [2015.08.19] Morning Musume.'15 - Oh my wish! / SUKAtto My Heart / Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki

Post by TicTacAnyone »

This little funny convo has been going around Tumblr today:

<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);">7/21 Fukuoka Aeon Mall handshake event: Ikuta, Ishida, Nonaka
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);">Ishida: Shooting the dance for the Oh my wish! MV was very severe. We had to start over if anyone made a mistake. “Don’t make a mistake~!” we said. (lol)
Nonaka: When the singing group made a mistake, I thought we would get killed by the dance group!
Ishida: We didn’t kill! (lol)
Ikuta: Half-killed, maybe. (lol)
Nonaka: …
Ishida: Scary senior~!
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);">(Fan report: @sasasayu_min)
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: [2015.08.19] Morning Musume.'15 - Oh my wish! / SUKAtto My Heart / Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki

Post by momoirosaya »

I wonder if it's a continuous shot MV like I miss you.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
I wonder if it's a continuous shot MV like I miss you.
[/quote]

I thought it was normal to restart the dance shot if members mess up multiple times/if you already have multiple recordings with mistakes? I know that dance shots still have mistakes, but they're not just one single take, they mix and match takes since they restarted multiple times? =o

That would be cool if it was continuous, though.

Btw, is it safe to order Oh My Wish! like this?:

Main vocals: Oda Sakura, Sato Masaki, Suzuki Kanon, Kudo Haruka

Center: Kudou Haruka, Suzuki Kanon
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Oh wait I just read the original Japanese. The English is a bit off which gives a different image of how they shot it.

Ayumi said the dance for OMW was very intense so filming the music video was hard (assuming because it was very tiring to dance that hard). The above translation made it seem like they couldn't make a single mistake.

Also I paid attention to Tobikomu while listening to it and besides heard a solo line from Eripon, Harunan, and Maria. Of course all the usual singers plus Miki have ones too, but I'm glad to see that this single as a whole is highlighting more of the back members.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

As irritated as I am that I still feel this single is nothing new, I am happy to report that I do in fact like SUKAtto My Heart and Oh My Wish!.... I think, in their own rights, they'll be good songs. Not great, but they're enjoyable to me. I get a good vibe from them. That doesn't change that I want something a little different, but it does make this single more appealing as a whole.

I do have high hopes for this single because I enjoy it, even if I disagree with the direction the music is has taken for about a solid 3 years now Q_Q

The one part of SUKAtto My Heart that keeps getting stuck in my head is the "shinai, shinai, zettai shinai" and "hora, homete homete yo, homemakutte yo paradise."
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Omw set reminds me of Wagamama.

So far for songs Imasugu>Omw>Sukatto

But I like them all!!
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

They weren't kidding about the dancing being intense!

edit:

Amazing.
Last edited by Kalle on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]
Eh, Sayumi's era had plenty of duds. They're just keeping with the status quo of MM getting the most underwhelming releases in H!P.
[/quote]

I don't think it had any complete duds. There were specific songs that I thought were underwhelming, but each single under Sayumi's leadership included at least one really good song and one pretty good song. Joke/Gundam as a whole is arguably in the top 3 of all singles ever released by the the group. Of the ten A side songs released during Sayumi's time as leader, I only count two that were on the wrong side of average: Password and TIKI BUN, and both of those songs are better than any of the the three on this single. All three of these songs are throw-aways to me. 

Obviously, your mileage may vary. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BvauQt6xxMc&t=23s&feature=youtu.be

Oh My Wish MV at the start. Dance team choreo is super underwhelming and I think they should have chosen a better background for the solo shots but it's ok I guess.

Also am I blind or did I not see Akane at all?
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

^ I spotted her at one point I think, I didn't see Miki either.

The MV was pretty disappointing, it was awesome to see the back girls actually doing something other than dancing. It isn't anything worse than what they've had in the past, but after seeing the Country Girls MVs, this just doesn't look as good in comparison.
Formerly Mizura
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I saw Miki like twice.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Akane is right after Ogata Haruna's part and right before Miki's first part. Right at 1:10/1:11.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Akane is the most noticable 12th gen in this MV.  I can't believe it but she's getting prettier than Maria. Maria looks awkward. Miki and Haruna so-so.
Since the camera tries to show both the dance team and the girls who sings, it ends up not featuring/focusing on anyone. That maybe why I don't feel much of an impact (if any at all) from both the solo shots and the dance shots. Masaki is so beautiful and expressive though.
Last edited by smtmissin on Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
<p style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);">7/21 Fukuoka Aeon Mall handshake event: Ikuta, Ishida, Nonaka
[/quote]

Ooh so they're holding pre-release events. Would you know if there are others ?
Campy <3 !
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Meikochi"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="190025" data-time="1437492797">
<div>
[/quote]

Ooh so they're holding pre-release events. Would you know if there are others ?

</div>
</blockquote>

I saw pictures of Haruna, Haruna, Mizuki and Akane on atv program, (MBS, I believe??)

Miki, Eripon and Ayumi were also on a kbc radio show, I think the same day they did that handshake event. 

Maa-chan, Sakura and Maria went to a handshake event in Hokkaido.

I don't think I've yet seen what Suzuki, Sayashi, or Haruka has done yet.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Oh so the red outfits they were wearing on my pic of the 9kki and Nonaka and Ishida from this pic are the outfits for Imasugu.
I assumed they were some concert outfits since they're always on a tour :( Those look good but doesn't it looks like Hadaka no Kiss?
Image Hey
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Article about Kanon's weight loss <a class="bbc_url" href="http://promo.search.yahoo.co.jp/article ... on.html</a>

Kanon's new profile picture from Omw is there, as well as one of the single covers (it doesn't say what version yet)
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I hope it's one of the regulars.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

[quote="Thea"]
They're on CDJapan for preorder. A / B / C / LA / LB / LC  I'm not feeling all these editions for three songs that are on every CD. From OTT - Wagamama, they had 5 or 6 different covers, the covers were actually different and there was a different song on each, that was nice. Now, it's pointless.
[/quote]

While I agree that was more interesting, it's not much surprise they aren't currently in a position to be releasing Morning Musume singles with 5 new songs when there are so few songs being released in general and more groups than ever. The only real difference we see regarding editions now is whether it will be a double A-side with 2 regulars and 4 limiteds or a triple A-side with 3 regulars and 3 limiteds.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

^^ Do I know you? I remember you picture from some place related to H!P but I don't really go to other places aside the bbs which is strange
have I insulted you in the past by any chance?
Image Hey
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

He's an editor on the H!P Wiki, Derby.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Arco, no one knows who the editors are. Derby probably recognizes the name from H!O.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Arco meant he's one of the admins. Josh and Buononon are the two main admins.
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

[quote="Derby"]
have I insulted you in the past by any chance?
[/quote]
If you have you didn't make it stinging enough to stick in my memory. :)
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

No no he is from the H!P wiki I've never read any post from H!O
And I don't have an account on the wiki either so I have not insulted you-we can be friendsieees noww~~
Image Hey
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Covers!

Reg A

Reg B

Reg C

Lim A

Lim B

Lim C
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Reg. B is definitely my favorite, but I think they did a good job with them all.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

My favorite it Reg C, but I like how different Lim C is.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I'm so glad that one was Regular A, myself.   :wub:
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

They uploaded the promotional edit of Oh My Wish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDw0rmCAZL4

I know that parts of it are incredibly generic digimusume (and even reuses at least two bits - something else sounds SUPER recognizable but I can't figure out what from) but I still really love this song - largely because I finally get to hear some pleasant voices other than Sakura LOL no shade to Riho but the constant strain in her throat stresses me out.  Video is super cheap and disappointing but I love the solo shots of the dance group dancing their asses off.  The new girls are still kinda awkward but they fit in decently until that completely unnecessary monologue that, imo, adds nothing to the song (how often do they, really? Shabondama is one of very few.)