Doctor Who

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

Enmiz
モーニング娘。

Re: Doctor Who

Post by Enmiz »

So I always forget about this part of the forum...

But I am halfway through with Season 3! 

I'm a little behind.

But I'm becoming a Whovian.   :wota:
<p class="bbc_center">-MIZUKKINGDOM-
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

ENMI HAVE YOU SEEN BLINK YET???????
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Enmiz
モーニング娘。

Post by Enmiz »

Sorry, I always forget to check this part of the forum.

I'm 2 episodes away from Blink. My friend Anna said that is one of the best episodes ever, but the Weeping Angels scare her. Even though I've seen some spoilers on Pinterest, I still think they're creepy. 

Also, I really, reallly don't like Martha. 
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Martha Jones is flawless and I will fight anyone who says a bad word about her. She kicks a whole lot of ass in the finale especially. And in the two-part episode that's coming up.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I loved Martha. The only companion I don't like is Donna. Have you all met Clara yet? Clara is wonderful.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Donna is my favourite companion. She made the Tenth Doctor somewhat likeable. (I p. much disliked Tennant his entire run. bleh.) My favourite unofficial companion will always be River though.

One of my girlfriends got me a Redbubble GC for my birthday so I bought <a href="http://www.redbubble.com/people/creight ... mens">this shirt</a>. :D

Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

How do you not like Tennant omg.
ImageImage
Enmiz
モーニング娘。

Post by Enmiz »

Well, as far as companions go, I've only seen Rose and Martha, and Jack, if he counts. And the Christmas special with Donna. 

I like Rose and Nine's dynamic a lot. I think they're cute. I felt kind of 'meh' with Rose and Ten. Martha annoys me because she is always mooning over the Doctor. 

I do like Tennant, though. 

If I manage to complete the ever-growing amount of chores I have to do before our company comes this weekend for my husband's birthday BBQ, I will finish Season 3 this week. 
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

I think that's the main reason I didn't like Ten, was because I didn't enjoy (or believe) the weird "love" story between him and Rose, and then he was such a dick to Martha in Series 3. Yeah, at first I rolled my eyes at Martha mooning over him until I realised: who hasn't fancied someone only to have them not return their feelings? It's what makes her very human IMO. And also she gets even more kickass as the series goes:by the end of the series she realises she doesn't need him to be awesome -- she already IS awesome. And she dumps his sorry ass and gets out while she can. Ten even acknowledges what a total cunt he was to her later when she reappears in Series 4. (Or maybe it was before that -- all I remember is he talks about how things got complicated etc.)

That and I found him exhausting and over-the-top but not at all ALIEN. Like Nine was weird and didn't get some basic human concepts and you felt like he was a little out of place. I never got that at all with Ten. He just felt like a child in an adult's body who was hyper and overexcited and entertained by everything and occasionally had funny lines like wibbly wobby timey wimey.

Eleven is like an overgrown child as well, but he seems to be a blend of both Nine and Ten but lots of previous Doctors as well. I think it's why, while Nine is MY Doctor because I started with his series, Eleven is my favourite Doctor. And this is coming from someone who has watched a fair bit of Classic Who as well. 
Enmiz
モーニング娘。

Post by Enmiz »

Well, I rewatched some Nine episodes instead of finishing season 3. I wish he had stayed a bit longer. I also find him more attractive than Ten, so maybe that has something to do with it. Also, I think it is going to be hard for me to watch Eleven since Matt Smith looks like a guy I know from college who is pretty much the biggest asshole I have ever met in my life and I had about 70% of my classes with him because we shared a major. Seriously, the man called me a c*nt because I skipped him in an uno game on our dorm floor uno night. And then my friend and I were discussing Egyptian gods for one of our history classes and one had something to do with a pregnant hippo and he called me a pregnant hippo right after I gained a little bit of weight from my depression meds. And then he tried to get me to cheat on my then-boyfriend with him. Huge ass. Sorry for the rant. Just in case anyone ever meets Matt Smith's American doppelganger and decides s/he should date him. DON'T!
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Well Matt is regenerating at Christmas, so.

:puppyeyes:  :puppyeyes:  :puppyeyes:
Enmiz
モーニング娘。

Post by Enmiz »

Watched Blink.

Moffat.

MOFFAT.

And the sound of drums.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

I TOLD YOU.

IT'S AMAZING.

A MASTERPIECE.

I've converted so many people to Doctor Who with that episode. At least five.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

John Hurt is one mighty big wrench, that's all I have to say. 

I can't wait till the 50th anniversary special guys. CAN'T WAIT! 

Favorite companions, Donna (only because she played so well off of Tennant), Rose, Rory, Amy, and Clara is getting there. She might surpass Amy soon enough. I didn't care for Martha at all. River has her own special place in my heart and I wish she appeared just a few more times.

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

[quote="Valerie"]
I TOLD YOU.

IT'S AMAZING.

A MASTERPIECE.

[/quote]

What season/episode is this?

I have tried to get into Dr. Who several times but it never latches me.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Series 3, Episode 10.

<a href="http://pollystreaming.com/Doctor-Who-Se ... 4">Here</a> is a streaming link.
Last edited by Vikitty on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
emily
Juice=Juice

Post by emily »

Yes, Blink is one of my favourite episodes! I won't watch it at night because I get frightened.
[center]Image[/center]
Enmiz
モーニング娘。

Post by Enmiz »

Right after I watched it, I dreamed that one showed up in the church courtyard where I work. Their explanation was it was a donation from a former member, but all I remember was freaking out and saying "see y'all bitches later!" 

Oh yeah, and stare at that thing until I'm gone. OK? OK. 
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="Petit Melon"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Valerie" data-cid="156180" data-time="1372218471">
<div>
I TOLD YOU.

IT'S AMAZING.

A MASTERPIECE.

[/quote]

What season/episode is this?

I have tried to get into Dr. Who several times but it never latches me.

</div>
</blockquote>

IMO, Season 1 isn't as good as the other seasons. If you can get past that one then I think your good.
Formerly Mizura
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Series 1's downfall was that the effects and CGI weren't quite as good. But I get very angry when people skip Nine and head right for Tennant because he's the most popular. Grrrrr. Nine was fucking brilliant and wonderful.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

The person who got me into Doctor Who told me to skip 9 and I'm so glad I didn't because I absolutely loved him.
ImageImage
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The ninth doctor was awesome. What annoys me is when people stop watching after their favorite companion or doctor leaves. I can understand that they were their favorite and such but it doesn't mean that the show is going to go downhill or end after that
Formerly Mizura
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Double post, but I bought a new bag for uni because my other one was worn out.

ImageImage
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

That is a COOL Bag!
Formerly Mizura
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

New Doctor is going to be revealed today on BBC (7PM London) and BBC America, (2PM EST). 

I am excitement! But the whole live show of it, makes it feel so lolz about it. I feel like I'm waiting for the 12th gen of Morning Musume to be revealed. You know, back when they had a whole show revolved around the auditions.

Molly, where did you get that bag? It's amazingly awesome. D:
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I'm really anxious about the announcement. I have a habit of not liking the new doctors at first.

I got the bag off of EBay! $32 shipped!
ImageImage
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I really don't want it to be the John Hurt fellow. I just don't. Idk why.
Formerly Mizura
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

It's been announced. I'm not happy. I don't know how to do a spoiler bar from my phone so I won't say who.
ImageImage
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

New doctor is as old as the first Doctor. The fan girls won't be happy about this.

I'm sure everyone has seen it who wants to see it. But if you haven't here is the <a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01dpwc0">new doctor</a>.

I'm cool with this, I already like'm old anyway so more the happy for me.  :pimp:
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I'm on the last episode of season 4. I've actually been really slow about watching these last couple season 4 episodes because I ship Rose and the 10th Doctor, and I'm just not ready for the feels D: And I'm going to miss Tennant and his allons-y.
I'll probably watch it today though, it's been like a week almost.

But saw the new Doctor Announcement and I haven't seen this guy before but I'm still excited! I understand why fangirls want a hot doctor, but they chose 12 for a reason, and he's obviously going to be amazing! By the Christmas special I'll be all caught up :3 YAY
rikako♡eripon♡airi