What are you playing?

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Re: What are you playing?

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Mizura"]
It's been a few months and I still play a lot of Stardew Valley. I have fairly limited games with me when I'm living at college so it's been nice. I'm interested in the new Dragon Quest game although I've never played any previous games.
[/quote]

Ever since playing DQXI I have been recommending it to people as a great way to jump into the series.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I am the only person who posts in this thread anymore.  I beat Azure Moon on Saturday and it absolutely wrecked me.  I won't get into why. Anyway I started Silver Snow just to get it over with and I fucking NG+ed the hell out of that PLUS I'm doing it on normal casual because I just want to get this side of the story and get it over with.  I made a drinking game too to make it more palatable lol
Kaori • Risako 

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Oh, I'll join in on FE3H!
I've only beaten Verdant Wind so far, working on Crimson Flower right now and planning to do Silver Snow after that. Leaving Azure Moon for the end, because I've already heart that this one is quite story heavy lol.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I'm doing Verdant wind next and then I am replaying Crimson Flower to end on a good note.  Not that I think Verdant Wind will be bad but I kind of wish I did Silver Snow first, again, to get it over with.
Kaori • Risako 

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I got that Pokemans.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I did too. Why the hell did I run into a level 31 Haunter after the very first town.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Since we have a lot of FE fans here, allow me to gift you with this video which got me to pick up Awakening again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMVjPDqrkyg
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I really would have liked Awakening if the AI wasn't so horrendously designed in a way that it does not care about losing units.
It made the game unplayable for me.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

It's definitely amazing, but everyone recommended it as a beginner-friendly installment and it's keeping me entertained.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah it’s definitely the most beginner friendly. I guess Sacred Stones is too but I’m not crazy about the GBA installments.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I'm looking at the Steam awards nominations for this year and I am having a really hard time picking GOTY, because while I played some nice games, none of them seemed like _my_ GOTY.
All I did was play PUBG. lmao
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I got Pokemon Sword for my birthday and it's my favorite gen since IV (but III is still my favorite of all time.) In my normal fashion I meant to not let my Grookey evolve but my dumbass accidentally hit A instead of B yesterday and Thwackey looks so fucking stupid and I am angry.

BUT THERE IS AN OFFICIAL PEACHY POKEMON NOW AND IT GIVES ME LIFE.
Last edited by yuzuriha on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori • Risako 

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

You currently can get 3 months of microsoft's game pass subscription thing for just 1€ (PC and console).
They have quite a lot of games in there and for that price it's great.
I'd never buy the full price of 10€ a month though.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

WoW Classic, but at current rate it will be Cataclysm all over again by the time I get to the endgame...

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

I bought the Switch Lite and Breath of the Wild. Wish the games weren't so goddamn expensive in CAD.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I reinstalled Witcher 3 after finishing the show. I played Control over Xmas and it's probably my game of the year.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Finally got Mario Odyssey and Link's Awakning for Switch for Christmas.  Tons of fun.  I've already breezed through half the dungeons in LA and I've had it less than a week AND I was sick the last few days so not playing as much.
Kaori • Risako 

Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

I was tempted by Link's Awakening since the original Gameboy version was the only Zelda game i've ever beat (and 100% to boot) but the games are $80 so... nah. I just started up a new GBC playthrough on my 3DS instead.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah I mean I needed a Zelda to be excited about after the disappointment that was BOTW (for ME, I understand why others like it) and LA was exactly that.  I would have bought it for myself if I didn't end up getting it for my Christmas but there's a reason it went on my wish list and I didn't just buy it at launch like FE or DQ (aka I knew I would sink 100+ hours into those and LA I'm going to breeze through)
Kaori • Risako 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="219531" data-time="1578331621">
Yeah I mean I needed a Zelda to be excited about after the disappointment that was BOTW (for ME, I understand why others like it) and LA was exactly that. I would have bought it for myself if I didn't end up getting it for my Christmas but there's a reason it went on my wish list and I didn't just buy it at launch like FE or DQ (aka I knew I would sink 100+ hours into those and LA I'm going to breeze through)</blockquote>

I’m the opposite. I normally don’t really get excited for Zelda and when I played BOtW I was like ‘oh yeah THIS is more like it’.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah see I think that's the difference between being an OG fan where it's been your favorite series since 1991 and people who got into it later and wanted more open world stuff.  I love the formula in zelda where the world isn't open to you and you EARN your way into exploring.  BOTW is very pretty but I got bored so fast, it wasn't feeding into my reward part of my brain the way traditional zeldas do.  Honestly the only  reason I rank Link Between Worlds as high as I do is because it's a direct sequel to my second favorite Zelda of all time.  I HATED the fact that you could just rent whatever important item as soon as you had the money.

Like I said, I get why other people like it it's just not for me.
Kaori • Risako 

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

OK so I finally finished all the routes in Three Houses.  I still like Crimson Flower the best (and am planning to play it again next).  Silver Snow ended up surprising me because the ending I feel like redeemed everything else.  Verdant Wind was also really really good. So those three are ranked in that order but SUPER close.

Then there's azure moon in which I loved all of the characters except my house leader but I hated the post time skip story and the ending literally sent me into a panic attack.
Kaori • Risako 

Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

My current Switch collection since January and status:

BOTW -- I liked it but haven't picked it up since then. Doesn't feel like a Zelda game (I agree with Yuzu). If I wanted to play Skyrim I would just PLAY SKYRIM.
Final Fantasy X/X-2 -- Played X a bit, got distracted and haven't gone back to it yet.
Octopath Traveller - Played the 2 hour demo then ordered the full thing; haven't jumped into it since the demo so that's probably next.
Pokemon Sword -- God I regret buying this, I forget how much I hate grinding levels.
Tales of Vesperia -- My current favourite. SO much fun. The art is adorable, the dialogue is great, and it appeals to my love of finding hidden achievements and unlocking costumes.

I preordered Animal Crossing because I have no willpower, even though I haven't checked on my New Leaf town in over a year. At least all my Amiibo cards will work so I can get my dreamies (at least most of them) again.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Granblue Fantasy VS is showing up today, my first new game of 2020. Otherwise I've just been playing Overwatch and Final Fantasy 14 occasionally.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I definitely do not have time to be playing Animal Crossing but I want it ????
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="Valerie"]Pokemon Sword -- God I regret buying this, I forget how much I hate grinding levels.[/quote]

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought this. It's not like the game is hard, but endgame content just jumps in levels, it's super annoying.

[quote="WonderBuono"]
I definitely do not have time to be playing Animal Crossing but I want it
[/quote]

Oh, mood.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GETTING ANIMAL CROSSING
Kaori • Risako 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I am! Have it preordered.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I mean I'm totally getting it I just keep lying to myself.
Kaori • Risako 

Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Murder By Numbers just dropped and it's like Ace Attorney x Picross. It's byt he same devs that did Hatoful Boyfriend and the music is by the same composer as the Ace Attorney series. It's cute and fun.