What are you playing?

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: What are you playing?

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

I decided to get the Switch version of LEGO City Undercover. I'd already played it on Wii U and enjoyed it there so at first thought if I ever got it I'd wait until it was significantly cheaper--but I realized that its status as one of the only Switch games other than Breath of the Wild with a large open world makes it significantly more valuable to me now than months from now when there's a lot more interesting going on. AND... it's still good. Playing docked the resolution is improved, and playing portably the frame rate kind of sucks, but for the most part it's the same as before. Loading time is still pretty bad, but thanks to sleep mode as long as you're not changing games frequently you can at least skip a long initial load simply to get the game started. It's kid-friendly GTA-like play with actually funny dumb humor. Now with co-op, though I haven't had a chance to try that.

I also got Puyo Puyo Tetris. I've mostly played in the Adventure mode which is... well, better than nothing I guess. Gives you some goals or an opponent to beat, with 90% worthless story segments in between them. I'm significantly better at Tetris than Puyo Puyo having been put a lot of time into the former since getting my Game Boy back in the day, so my skills in this game feel very imbalanced.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Lego City Undercover has a PC version now.

I really hope Puyo Puyo Tetris gets a PC release sometime.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

New! Nintendo!! 2DS!!! XL!!!!

I finally finished Okamiden, which was super cute. I never played Okami (since I never had a PS2) though I always wanted to, but after looking at some gameplay videos both games seem to be pretty closely interconnected and happen in the same world. But I'll need to wait a while before getting back to more of (almost) the same.

Now I started the long-overdue Bravely Default, which after a couple hours is pretty good, but I found out that even after a few years break I still didn't recover from my FF-style random-overworld-encounter white-mage-black-mage-phoenix-down-etc JRPG burnout. :hahaha:

At least Bravely Default does a few things to make it more interesting and is more flexible with the encounter frequency setting and other stuff. And so far it seems that nearly half of the game time are cutscenes, so with any luck I may finish it by the end of the year (especially if I stick to my resolution to not 100% just about every aspect of it).

Last but not least, I finally got burned out with WoW. The latest patch has been more than underwhelming with its blatant grind and timegating, I got pretty much all I needed from Heroic Nighthold (ilvl 900+ equipped) and I have no desire to try Mythic, got two best Legendaries for my class, I don't PvP and I don't really care about M+ dungeons, so at this point there's nothing left for me to do in the game. At least until the new raid opens, but I really don't care for it to happen very soon and I'm enjoying the break. :hahaha:
Last edited by aine on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="aine"]
New! Nintendo!! 2DS!!! XL!!!!

I finally finished Okamiden, which was super cute. I never played Okami (since I never had a PS2) though I always wanted to, but after looking at some gameplay videos both games seem to be pretty closely interconnected and happen in the same world. But I'll need to wait a while before getting back to more of (almost) the same.

Now I started the long-overdue Bravely Default, which after a couple hours is pretty good, but I found out that even after a few years break I still didn't recover from my FF-style random-overworld-encounter white-mage-black-mage-phoenix-down-etc JRPG burnout. :hahaha:

At least Bravely Default does a few things to make it more interesting and is more flexible with the encounter frequency setting and other stuff. And so far it seems that nearly half of the game time are cutscenes, so with any luck I may finish it by the end of the year (especially if I stick to my resolution to not 100% just about every aspect of it).

Last but not least, I finally got burned out with WoW. The latest patch has been more than underwhelming with its blatant grind and timegating, I got pretty much all I needed from Heroic Nighthold (ilvl 900+ equipped) and I have no desire to try Mythic, got two best Legendaries for my class, I don't PvP and I don't really care about M+ dungeons, so at this point there's nothing left for me to do in the game. At least until the new raid opens, but I really don't care for it to happen very soon and I'm enjoying the break. :hahaha:
[/quote]

Okamiden was a pretty good game. It's not as good as Okami was, but part of that had to do with the DS limitations. Things aren't as pixelated and there aren't as many loading screens.The two games are pretty similar, but Okami is definitely better. Although, I'm also biased because it's my favorite game ever. It just does a lot of things really well, and has my favorite final boss fight and ending.

Bravely Default is good as well, although there is this point in the game in which you will be very frustrated with it for a bit, but if you can get through it, the ending is pretty worth it. There are certain jobs and abilities you can exploit to make it go a bit faster luckily. The sequel Bravely Second does things a lot better for the most part.
Formerly Mizura
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="207292" data-time="1493412094">Now I started the long-overdue Bravely Default, which after a couple hours is pretty good, but I found out that even after a few years break I still didn't recover from my FF-style random-overworld-encounter white-mage-black-mage-phoenix-down-etc JRPG burnout. :hahaha:</blockquote>
Dragon Quest VII has monsters roaming the maps, so no truly random encounters. Unless they spawn a few centimeters in front of your face...

@Mizura; I already told him that Okami is the best game of that console generation. haha
It's still the best Zelda game since Majora's Mask.
More digging here Bow-wow is my favourite song from the OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTVtHgeQVd0
A resolute person is also exceptional: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EEsmwayj4Q
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

If anybody wants two (or one) free game:

Ziggurat:
<div>https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=3AAqYZFXyTA7xThn</div>

Goat Simulator:
<div>https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=TtFnC4k4GK2hDBAu</div>
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

D.va from Overwatch just got added to Heroes of the Storm yesterday, and one of her skins is literally Asuka from Evangelion. That's like waifu to the second power!!!!!

Genji also has a skin in it that's Eva Unit 01.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Huge new batch of eligible games on GOG Connect. I scored seven this time. Grab yours before they expire in some 13 days.

And GOG Summer Sale is on now too. I probably won't buy anything, my backlog is just yelling "fuck off we're full" at me all the time.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="207301" data-time="1493431137">Bravely Default is good as well, although there is this point in the game in which you will be very frustrated with it for a bit, but if you can get through it, the ending is pretty worth it. There are certain jobs and abilities you can exploit to make it go a bit faster luckily. The sequel Bravely Second does things a lot better for the most part.</blockquote>Yeah, I heard about "that point in the game" many times already. I have a pretty good suspicion what it will be, but miraculously I managed to not have it actually spoiled for me.

14 hours in and I just started Chapter 2. I don't know how long the remaining seven chapters are, but assuming they're similar then it'll take me over 100 hours to beat it. And I'm honestly ignoring all the side fluff and going straight to the point. I guess I'm just cursed.

The game is all right overall, it just feels a bit too much like a lot of cut scenes with annoying obligatory random encounter grind in between. But then if there were less cutscenes and Party Chat banter to keep my interest then I'd have probably dropped it because I just don't care for this kind of grindy trudge any more (I'm looking at you, FF4 DS version).
Last edited by aine on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

E³ press conferences are over and I have to admit I did not expect the two most entertaining trailers to be from two Mario games.

Ubisoft's p.c. was the most enjoyable, but there was the Devolver Digital one.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Microsoft did the most to impress me. The new XBox looks nice but the price kills it. Sony was a real bummer and holy shit does that new Marvel Vs Capcom game look ugly.

So far Wolfenstein, that Dragonball fighting game from the Guilty Gear team, and Anthem are probably what I'm looking forward to the most.

Time to wait another year in the hopes of a Bloodborne 2 announcement...
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="208199" data-time="1497384687">So far Wolfenstein, that Dragonball fighting game from the Guilty Gear team, and Anthem are probably what I'm looking forward to the most.</blockquote>
I can't bring myself to look forward to anything modern Bioware is putting out. Especially if it's just Destiny. Not even the great Frostbite engine will be able to rescue it.

Wolfenstein will probably really damn good, but I'm still going to wait for a ~30€ sale. Was also the only interesting thing from the otherwise utterly worthless Bethesda show.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

The SNES Mini just got confirmed and it's much more interesting than the NES Mini to me.
Unfortunately for you USA people, you're going to get the insanely ugly version again.
The games seem to be the same for NTSC and PAL, though.

No news on a NTSC-J version yet.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="208075" data-time="1496859637"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="207301" data-time="1493431137">Bravely Default is good as well, although there is this point in the game in which you will be very frustrated with it for a bit, but if you can get through it, the ending is pretty worth it. There are certain jobs and abilities you can exploit to make it go a bit faster luckily. The sequel Bravely Second does things a lot better for the most part.</blockquote>Yeah, I heard about "that point in the game" many times already. I have a pretty good suspicion what it will be, but miraculously I managed to not have it actually spoiled for me.</blockquote>I got to that moment exactly 50 hours into the game. It was exactly what I thought it would be. :lol: Even without having it spoiled as such, it becomes very easy to figure out some time into the game. I hope there are some surprises left in it still, I ended up enjoying it quite a lot and doing many of the sidequests despite swearing to myself that I wouldn't.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Because I'm obsessed with Sunshine right now...

Apparently the Japanese version of the game uses different audio for some of the cutscenes. In the court scene (my favorite, I always quote along with it because it's so silly), they use an alternate take of the prosecutor's lines where he literally says everything wrong and I'm laughing way too hard at this.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

I've been doing the Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta, though I'll have to pick up the pace a bit if I want to finish by the end of the month. My assigned jobs are Blue Mage, Red Mage, Beastmaster, and Chemist.

I also finally decided to try out an X game, specifically X3 Terran Conflict. I'm like 10 hours in and still feel I barely know what I'm doing without asking Google. I've been almost entirely doing trading, but I haven't yet been able to make enough money to do the things that can help push trading to the next level, like having automated AI trading ships, or setting up space stations.

I got StarCraft Remastered. It is what it is, which is pretty perfect for a guy who's been playing the original off and on since 1998. The same old game with significantly higher detail imagery and widescreen support.
Last edited by JoshuaJSlone on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I've been playing the last story (Wii) and it's another one of those games that almost didn't get brought over to the United States or even translated. So Nintendo of Europe localized and everything has British spelling and accents.

I keep comparing it to Xenoblade but they are both very different rpgs from each other. The last story is more linear although you can skip some chapters. And while the game play does seem repetitive it gets changed up a fair amount in battles. The OST is really good though.
Formerly Mizura
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

^ I've never heard of that game but music by Nobuo Uematsu is enough to get me interested!
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Managed to pre-order SNES Classic on Amazon last night! :D/ I hope it wasn't a ruse.

My only complaint is that the American version (right) looks like ass compared to the cute original Super Famicom design that the rest of the world is getting (left). But I'm not crazy enough to be importing one.
snes_classic_world_na.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

The North American version of the SNES is truly one of the ugliest redesigns a console ever had to endure.

I preordered the SNES mini on Amazon.at the same day they announced it. NoE didn't make people wait several weeks to preorder.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Yeah, the more I look at them the more I feel tempted to actually import one. But I'm sure they're sold out everywhere else too.

Despite Nintendo's promises to up the production the US preorders last night and today were an absolute shitshow again. I was extremely lucky to refresh the "snes classic" search tab on Amazon that I kept open for the last month during the 15 minute window before they sold out (in the middle of the night of course). If there isn't another batch coming then I really don't know what Nintendo is thinking.

EDIT: Video related ;/
Last edited by aine on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Because I needed another Mario game to play after I finished Sunshine so quickly, I decided to pick up Mario Kart 8 again. I hadn't played in years because I honestly just didn't care for it compared to Wii and Double Dash.

HOWEVER

I was not aware of the update with a 200cc mode and now I'm having waaayyyy too much fun speeding down the tracks. Dang I wish I had realized this earlier. XD

(Confession: since I don't play the Wii U much, I actually didn't know that my games were being updated at all. Like, I didn't know that was a thing? I'm obviously behind on the times lol.)
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

My new Acer XF270HUA monitor is so fucking good.
Finally I get to play Ikaruga the way it's meant to be played.

Foto0347.jpg
Foto0346.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I told myself I wasn't going to do this because there are quite a few games on it I haven't played or played much on the SNES Classic but I started FFVI over yesterday....and now I just want to skip work and stay home and play lol
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Haha, Yuzu, I know that feeling.

Right now my attention is split between a bunch of games...

FFXIV -- Needed a new MMO, this one is cheap. My friend Justin got me playing. 
ESO -- Took a four month break but Justin wants to try it out, so I've been dabbling the last few days. Mostly crafting for newbies (my fave thing) but hoping to do more Morrowind content soon.
Rimworld -- A colony-management game. I'm shit at it but it's fun.
Gyakuten Kenji 2 -- This is fully translated now but holy fuck the cases are so long. One of my fave YouTubers is almost done the second case, so unless I want to be spoiled I need to keep playing but idk.
Skyrim -- bc fuck yeah. New save. Obsessed with collecting all the unique items to keep in my player house museum.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Kids don't know 'bout my warp drive.

Foto0350.jpg
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

The Overwatch League pre-season games have started.

I'm interested in seeing how it's going to go. They've invested so heavily in it that if it fails, I doubt anyone else will ever attempt to push e-ports into the mainstream in the US.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

This makes me very sad.
Microsoft bought Obsidian (Pillars of Eternity, Fallout New Vegas) and inXile (Wasteland 2, Torment).
I requested a refund for my pledge of Wasteland 3.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

What the fuck.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I thought this news came out a couple of months ago.