Momoiro Clover

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Re: Momoiro Clover

Post by yuzuriha »

Absolutely! <3  I'm getting psyched.  I'm also torn between checking out other peoples' reports of how the Hawaii and LA concerts go and not wanting to accidentally see a setlist in advance...
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I did check the set list and it wasn't what I was expecting. The greatest MomoClo song of all time was on it though so that's good enough for me.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I'm going to the concert in NYC this Saturday. I'm still unschooled on Momoiro Clover. Anyone got any suggestions for what I should watch/listen to before Saturday just to get some preparation for it? Any links to share?

I've only seen a few TV clips and videos with them.

Thanks.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Their official channel just put up a ton of videos from various concerts, and while their NYC concert won't be anything close to this scale, MomoClo are a concert act through and through so I'd watch those. Especially because it's hard to find stuff of them on Youtube because Stardust pulls stuff down a lot. Otherwise I'd say go listen to their first and second albums I'll post some of what I personally feel are highlights:

Neo STARGATE
Mouretsu Uchuu Koukyoukyoku Dainana Gakushou "Mugen no Ai"  The man on the guitar is Marty Friedman, who provided the guitar on the track back in 2012.
Get Down!
Saraba, Itoshiki Kanashimi-tachi yo
Ikuze! Kaito Shoujo this is basically the Momoiro Clover theme song
Stardust Serenade
Wani to Shampoo
We are Born
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Basically what anderei said.

And while I don't want a full set list I am curious as to what you consider to be the greatest momoclo song of all time?
Kaori • Risako 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Wani to Shampoo is probably my favorite song of their's. It's just so ridiculous.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

OH THANK GOD.  It's not my FAVORITE but it's definitely top ten and top three as far as album songs go.
Kaori • Risako 

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thanks, Anderei, I'm going to start going through these.

Is there a setlist for the concert yet?

Thanks.

Last edited by Madara on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Otome Sensou and Monoclo Dessan are also great songs. I can't link anything right now (and with YouTube blocking a lot of stuff, I don't know if they can be viewed in America).
Formerly Mizura
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I DON'T WANT A SET LIST SO PLEASE IF YOU FIND ONE PM MADARA THANKS
Kaori • Risako 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I'll PM you the Hawaii setlist, Madara.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I just typed out a long report in a word document just for MM-BBS and then I remembered I can't copy and paste here. I should have typed it here first and then copied it and pasted it into my word file. So I'll do a shorter version from scratch.

Long story short: Fun concert. AKB48 vibe to some of the songs. The girls are delightful performers, although not on a par with my favorite H!P groups. There was a seasonal theme to the show, with two traditional dancers in beautiful kimonos doing separate dance numbers every few songs, one for each season. Plus, there was a single male taiko drummer who accompanied them on several songs, giving those numbers a matsuri feel.

The girls did the Sailor Moon theme song and a baseball-themed song in honor of New York Yankee Masahiro Tanaka, Mai Satoda's husband.

There was no seating section in this venue this time. (There was for the Morning Musume concert here two years ago). I got upset and played the age card and demanded a seat and they put me in a folding chair in the disability section. Great that I got a seat for the two-hour concert, but bad because it was right next to the speakers, so every time there was a heavy bass component, it surged right through me and played hell with my nervous system. So my favorite songs in the concert were those with the least bass.

Security did bag check and metal detector for everyone on line and demanded we get rid of all food and drink (including water bottles) beforehand. I managed to hide my snack bars and water bottle in places in my bag where they wouldn't look and got through. They didn't have this at the MM concert.

Kyary Kyary Pamyu and BabyMetal also played this venue within the past year and Perfume played at another venue ten blocks south earlier this fall. I missed all three of those concerts and a lot of my friends went and had a great time. So when Momoiro Clover, a group that's more to my liking than those three, announced this concert, I was determined to go.

The setlist was what Anderei sent me, but with one addition. Another song, title unknown, was added before the final encore song, "Hashire."

Unlike MM, they didn't make much of an effort to speak English to the crowd. Only Kanako Momota had a complete line in English when she said, "Many people fall in love with my dimples."

Mostly an Asian crowd, including many Japanese. I would guess they were in the majority. Of course, there were many non-Japanese Asian-Americans there as well, including five of my friends, but the largest bloc was, in my estimation, Japanese. Mostly male crowd, by a slight majority, unlike the MM concert two years earlier. The mood was much less festive than the mood at the MM concert, where everybody was so excited to be there and fans were meeting up with those they knew from previous gatherings and reconnecting.

Last edited by Madara on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I personally had an amazing time.  Setlist wasn't what I would have chosen, but the fact that they opened with my favorite single, yume no ukiyo e ni saitemina, almost put me in tears of joy.  Like even ignoring the fact it is my favorite single and third favorite song of theirs, the taiko drum opening and then that bass are just so impactful as an opening number.  And of course I knew they would do the Sailor Moon and DBZ songs, but Moonlight Densetsu was a nice surprise (although I would have preferred Moon Revenge).  And even though Anderei said Wani to Shampoo made the list I like forgot in the moment so when it came on I like freaked the fuck out. BTW madara, the other song in the first encore was My Dear Fellow which is the entrance music for Satoda Mai's baseball player husband (I always forget his name besides Tanaka).

Going into this concert the girls were already pretty closely ranked (Momoka ShioriReniKanako Ayaka).  But they all had SUCH amazing stage presence (I would only put Brendon Urie of Panic! at the Disco above them and I have been to a LOT of concerts.  Definitely better than MM when I saw them in NYC) that they are literally all tied after Momoka now.  

BTW Momoka touched my hand during the VIP Event.

And here is something I never thought I would say in a million years....Kanako sounded A MILLION TIMES BETTER LIVE than in studio.  Like she didn't even sound out of breath by the end of the concert at all.  My friend who showed up that wasn't a fan before but wanted to check it out said he thought she was amazing.  They must all really have built up their stamina because they all sounded so much better than other live footage I have watched over the years.

Also even though I have heard Ayaka talk a bunch before in videos and stuff, live she really sounded like she sucked helium or something.  But it was adorable.

I am still just like...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Kaori • Risako 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I did notice in the videos from the dome concert that they all sounded loads better.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah, the only thing was Shiori sounded like she may be in the beginning stages of losing her voice but she didn't sound bad or anything.
Kaori • Risako 

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thanks for the info on the "missing" number, Yuzu. I read about that song when I researched the group and when I saw them do the baseball-themed song in the encore and realized it wasn't in the setlist, I wondered about that. Thanks for clearing that up.

If I had to pick the best singer of the five, going solely by this concert, I'd pick Momoka, but that could simply be because her voice had the lowest pitch. Best all-around performer? Kanako. No wonder she's the leader. The others were fine, although their voices were really high-pitched in some numbers.

One question: Which song was the Dragon Ball Z song?

Last edited by Madara on Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Oh yeah, Momoka is definitely the best singer and Kanako best performer without a doubt.

They did two DBZ songs.  Z no Chikai, and then the song CHA LA HEAD CHA LA they did in the first encore is the DBZ theme song they did a cover of as the B-side for the Z no Chikai single (which was the theme song for the newest movie btw).
Kaori • Risako 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think lots of H!P fans like Momoka because she sings the most like an H!P idol lol. Sometimes its so low it feels unnatural.

The Dragon Ball song is called Z no Chikai.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

MONOCLO STILL RELEASE MUSIC SOMETIMES

New single BLAST! coming out August 2

They'll have been around for 10 years next spring (9 years with the lineup we think of when the name pops up), which is totally crazy.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

It's about time
Kaori • Risako 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Covers

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Blast video.  I'm not sold on the song yet but I like the video a lot.

https://youtu.be/OlJ2IBf_Im8
Kaori • Risako 

Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

They look so grown up now, it kinda tripped me out when I watched the video.

Made by Haru!
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

They're all over 20 now...it's crazy
Kaori • Risako 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

lol yeah, bring them to America and you can take the whole group to a bar with you.

It kind of makes me wonder how much time we have left with them. They're not old, but they have been doing this for quite awhile. MomoClo has been around since 2008, and iirc, Reni, Kanako and Shiori are all original members. Makes me wonder if they ever think about doing other things.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I was sadly thinking the same thing yesterday. :( 
Kaori • Risako 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yum Yum

Kyoukai no Pendulum

Itsudatte Chousensha

Yum Yum isn't a-side material, but I like every single one of these more than Blast.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Kyoukai no Pendulum wins the single.  And Yum Yum is just....bad.
Kaori • Risako 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I actually really like Yum Yum.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Momoka is graduating after their concert on the 21 this month.

I'm surprised because it's so soon.
Last edited by Mukuro on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.