TV thread!

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Re: TV thread!

Post by al kusanagi »

I didn't hate Westworld, but I think their decision to change it to an ongoing show instead of a single season hurt it.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
I didn't hate Westworld, but I think their decision to change it to an ongoing show instead of a single season hurt it.
[/quote]

I'm not sure what they're going to do in a new season, but seeing how it won't air until 2018, I'd say they have the opportunity to make another good season.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Twin Peaks season 3 is starting this May:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/09/arts/television/twin-peaks-reboot-to-premiere-in-may.html?_r=0

18 episodes.

2h long season opening.

It will have a final closure to the series, there won't be any more seasons.

I'm more excited about this than all the games and movies coming this year combined.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

^ I'm looking forward to this as well. I hope the season ends up being a good one.
Formerly Mizura
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

If you have yet to watch the new A Series Of Unfortunate Events on Netflix then I would highly recommend you do so. As a child I was a huge fan of the books, and 75% disappointed with the movie. The Netflix series covers the first 4 books with 2 episodes each. It honestly sooooo much better than the movie.

Now I just have to wait for season 2.
Last edited by star on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I recently (a few days ago) started watching Gravity Falls after I wanted something new and light and just plain nice to watch. I remembered Buonon talking of it and decided to give it a try.

I love it.

It's just so... refreshing, I can't put it into words, I just love it. Humor is really good and cute, art style is great, characters A+, perfection for me.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

[quote="Star"]
If you have yet to watch the new A Series Of Unfortunate Events on Netflix then I would highly recommend you do so. As a child I was a huge fan of the books, and 75% disappointed with the movie. The Netflix series covers the first 4 books with 2 episodes each. It honestly sooooo much better than the movie.

Now I just have to wait for season 2.
[/quote]

This show is the best thing to ever happen to me. It was my favorite series as a child and to see it brought to life in such a way literally brought tears to my eyes (specifically the end of episode 7. WHY YOU GOTTA PLAY WITH MY HEART LIKE THAT?)

[quote="arcobaleno"]
I recently (a few days ago) started watching Gravity Falls after I wanted something new and light and just plain nice to watch. I remembered Buonon talking of it and decided to give it a try.

I love it.

It's just so... refreshing, I can't put it into words, I just love it. Humor is really good and cute, art style is great, characters A+, perfection for me.
[/quote]

It's a shame it was so short lived. I feel like it probably would have lasted longer if it stayed on Disney Channel, but Disney just had to move it to DisneyXD when they saw the fantastic ratings/reviews. I'm sure they hoped that it would carry over, and it only sort of did. :/
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="204267" data-time="1484448851">

I love it.

It's just so... refreshing, I can't put it into words, I just love it. Humor is really good and cute, art style is great, characters A+, perfection for me.</blockquote>

I know this was a month ago but I just saw this post and it makes me so happy oh my god.

I saw a commercial the other day for a "Remember the Falls" marathon and I almost started crying, I miss this show so dang much

How far are you into the series?
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="WonderBuono"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="204267" data-time="1484448851">

I love it.

</blockquote>

I know this was a month ago but I just saw this post and it makes me so happy oh my god.

I saw a commercial the other day for a "Remember the Falls" marathon and I almost started crying, I miss this show so dang much

How far are you into the series?

[/quote]

For a while, I wasn't waking up as early as I wanted (needed lol, not a night owl despite working night shift  :confused: ), so I haven't gotten in as much as I wanted lately. ;w; BUT, I am almost done with the first season, I just got introduced to Bill Cipher. Since I'm up early today, this was a great reminder to get back into that flow. *^*
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Almost a week later :lol:, chiming in to say that I finished it! I adored it. T.T I 100000% truthfully want to get a sweater collection and wear them as much as possible because comfort level: off the charts. The second season REALLY brought out all the stops, it was amazing how they tied in SO much "this is weird and unexplained but we're just rolling with it hilariously" and actually went into depth on the tiniest of things. It was great. All of it was great!!!

I need mooooooooooooooore, sob.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I'm so glad you liked it! I feel like there's still so few people who appreciate the quality of this show like yes it's a stupid funny cartoon but it's sooooo well made.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

The new season of Mystery Science Theater 3000 drops on Netflix on the 14th. As a Kickstarter backer I've got streaming access through an alternate method a few days early. I've watched the first two episodes and am pretty pleased with it so far. It'll take time to get used to some of the differences, and sometimes the jokes even seem to come too fast, but it seems like they've done a Good Job. The first episode's movie is Reptilicus, a 1960s Euro-kaiju movie. The second episode is Cry Wilderness, an 80s movie about a kid trying to help his dad with the aid of a sasquatch.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Has anyone watched 13 Reasons Why?  I am super curious on opinions.  i have never been suicidal or suffered clinical depression but I have lost a good friend to suicide and my mom and sister both have major depressive disorder and have been suicidal at points so I have mixed feelings on it.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I watched it and I think it did a decent job at showing how someone who appeared to be strong and confident could do something like that, although it didn't really focus much on the depression aspect, but more so the sense of helplessness.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I've seen it on my Netflix and plan to give it a try! As someone who's struggled with suicidal ideation as long as I can remember, I'm always interested in any medium attempting to delve into the topic. I've already had people on my Facebook requesting it be boycotted for triggering and some other stuff along those lines, so it's piqued my interest.

Other than hitting a controversial topic, would you say it's a genuinely good show, Al?
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

The way the show is set up is a good mystery that keeps you watching. For the most part the acting is alright but it can definitely be melodramatic and a lot of the characters are unlikable (although that's the point for a lot of them). It was a good way to pass some time, but there are about a half dozen other Netflix series I'd watch before it unless you were interested in the premise.

Also, I hear it's quite different from the book, so people who read it first don't seem to like it.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

In that case, I'll add it to my mental "maybe if I'm bored enough one day" list. Thanks!
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I actually enjoyed the show and couldn't stop watching it, there were just aspects of it that pissed me off.  But the story was engaging.
Kaori • Risako 

Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

I loved Riverdale. It's like Twin Peaks but with the Archie comics characters. I'm in love with the actress who plays Veronica. I love Jughead, too.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

So....anyone excited for Twin Peaks?
Kaori • Risako 

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="yuzu"]
So....anyone excited for Twin Peaks?
[/quote]

Check the last two pages and see who posted about it! =P
I'm extremely hyped!!

I've also been thinking about bringing back my Agent Cooper avatar I had a few years ago.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Fri May 19, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="207726" data-time="1495210587">
So....anyone excited for Twin Peaks?</blockquote>

I'm hyped as well. Probably won't be able to watch it when it comes out though but looking forward to it all the same.
Formerly Mizura
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Oh I never thought to read the past pages....haha sorry AP.

But yeah, the premiere exceeded expectations.  I am already frothing at the mouth waiting for next Sunday.
Kaori • Risako 

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

The bad Coop's look is absolutely amazing.

I'm happy with how the first two episodes turned out. Haven't seen 3 & 4 yet.

I'm surprised that it's more like FWWM than the show, not taking place exclusively in TP, but that probably was a good decision.

Some of the CG/effects were a bit cheap, like the arm's doppelganger's attack. I was kinda surprised to hear the wonderful original theme being used again, but that music is Twin Peaks.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Thu May 25, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I am not going to lie, I cried when the theme started playing.
Kaori • Risako 

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yooo that Handmaid's Tale finale though...
Kaori • Risako 

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Ducktales 2017's artstyle is pretty damn ugly.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

4088.jpg
4088.jpg
4088.jpg
4088.jpg
4088.jpg
4088.jpg
4088.jpg
4088.jpg
4088.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I won't see the finale until Friday!
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I haven't seen any of the new series yet unfortunately but I heard the finale was actually pretty good.
Formerly Mizura