TV thread!

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Re: TV thread!

Post by yuzuriha »

HAHAHA I agree if we're talking about the same stupid decision.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Legend of Korra second season aired yesterday and I didn't even know!! I got my current channel package just for Korra and found out later Nickelodeon isn't even included. :noway: So I shall begin the torrent hunt as soon as I get home.

Dang it, call me spoiled but I loved getting up on Saturdays to watch Korra. I'll really hate not being able to just tune in.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

You should be able to watch it on <a href="http://www.nick.com/shows/legend-of-kor ... elodeon</a>.  I watched it as a live stream, but I wish they still aired it on Saturday mornings instead of Friday nights, then at least it wouldn't be at 1 A.M.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

My heart, my head, everything, I am broken.

THANKS DEXTER SERIES FINALE.
Kaori • Risako 

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Agents of SHIELD starts Tuesday. Please don't suck..
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
My heart, my head, everything, I am broken.

THANKS DEXTER SERIES FINALE.
[/quote]

Spoiler: [+]

Also Dexter remained a crap father till the end. Hooray for consistency. <3
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Not gonna lie, I just cracked the fuck up.

That finale left me seriously depressed in so many ways.
Kaori • Risako 

Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

You are the only person I have seen that had a positive reaction to the finale, let alone the last three seasons. :rofl:

err, that's not meant to be insulting. I just find out funny that it's the first positive impression I've seen.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I liked the finale except for the obvious OMG noooo and the epilogue.

The OMG noooo is pretty bad though, and I am legitimately depressed as hell about it. Dexter made the right decisions regarding it though.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

No America's Got Talent or Duck Dynasty this week.  What am I going to do with my life?? 
Wapiko
ANGERME

Post by Wapiko »

I watched Sean Saves the World tonight. I kind of hate sitcoms with laugh tracks now (let's keep that in the 90s/early 2000s, please), but I got quite a few laughs out of this one. I was a diehard fan of Will & Grace, and this is honestly like watching a sitcom all for a slightly toned-down version of Jack, if he aged 10 years and had a daughter instead of a son. I have a feeling it'll be lucky to last even a full season, but I found it pretty cute. 
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Everyone please watch my favourite BBC sitcom in the entire world, Miranda.

http://hulu.com/miranda

They only have the first two series uploaded but seriously I ams o in love wih this show it's gross.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Valerie, trust me, just reading your tumblr makes me want to watch it.  I just haven't had time yet.  (Work too much, have too many other shows I'm catching up on...ugh)

IT IS ON MY LIST ALL BECAUSE OF YOU
Kaori • Risako 

Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

YAY

i have converted like 25 people to the fandom ngl. including my family and my coworkers
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I finished watching American Horror Story: Asylum.  I moved half way through the season so I marathoned the last half yesterday and today, and that was such a happy ending.  It warmed my heart when I didn't think it was possible.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

So I found an Australian TV show where it's basically improve but with the stage tilted and I can't breathe.
<div> </div>
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

ALL OVER MY FACE MARVEL

If the Daredevil TV series isn't what I imagined/desired I will be upset. He has the best, most underappreciated run in comics and I want him to finally get the fanbase he deserves. (And those other series have me hyped too, but DD TV is what I've been clamoring for forever)
Wapiko
ANGERME

Post by Wapiko »

Sleepy Hollow.  :drooling:
Last edited by Wapiko on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I just watched the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special and I have to say that it wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. I still enjoyed it though :)
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I thought it was pretty good. But after waiting 6 months for it. It didn't seem like the best thing they had ever done. But I'm glad they are bringing the series in a new direction, but from the way they sorta ended things in the episode. It sorta seems like they could end Doctor who somewhere on the horizon. I personally don't believe it. There's no way bbc would get rid of one of their hit shows that easily.
Formerly Mizura
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

SO STEVEN UNIVERSE IS SUPER CUTE YOU GUYS. I love like every characterrrr~ Boyfriend says Pearl reminds him most of me, though I always envisioned myself as more like Amethyst ... maybe I'm both!
Last night's episode was kinda freaky though.

Also I've been watching a lot of Cutthroat Kitchen to fill the void that Sweet Genius's cancellation has left. The concept is pretty enjoyable but guh, with the contestants it feels like 'being an asshole' is a required prerequisite. ( and not the kind of asshole that is necessary for that kind of situation, I mean really assholish )
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

[quote="Kalle"]
Also I've been watching a lot of Cutthroat Kitchen to fill the void that Sweet Genius's cancellation has left. The concept is pretty enjoyable but guh, with the contestants it feels like 'being an asshole' is a required prerequisite. ( and not the kind of asshole that is necessary for that kind of situation, I mean really assholish )
[/quote]

Sweet Genius got cancelled...? :cryalot: That was one of my favorite shows!
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="167523" data-time="1385488925">I thought it was pretty good. But after waiting 6 months for it. It didn't seem like the best thing they had ever done. But I'm glad they are bringing the series in a new direction, but from the way they sorta ended things in the episode. It sorta seems like they could end Doctor who somewhere on the horizon. I personally don't believe it. There's no way bbc would get rid of one of their hit shows that easily.</blockquote>
That's the problem I had with it too. It could end in a few years time. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't The Doctor only have 13 forms? He's been through 11.

-------------------------

Meanwhile, in the USA...

Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mukuro" data-cid="167542" data-time="1385524850">Sweet Genius got cancelled...? :cryalot: That was one of my favorite shows!</blockquote>
Chef Ron wrote something on Facebook to the effect of Food Network choosing not to tape for a new season so I'm pretty sure that means it's done. :C
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

The Psych musical was so. fucking. genius.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Did anybody here see the live broadcast of "The Sound of Music"?  I watched it in its rebroadcast on Saturday night and I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe not the best cast they can get, esp. given Carrie Underwood's lack of acting experience, but she IS a good singer and the songs are great and it was nice to hear them again. And the production looked good. How often do we get to see a live production of a classic show on TV? Memories of the movie version aside, my first exposure to this show was the Broadway Original Cast album and reading the play when I was an adolescent. So this production tapped into my cultural DNA.

Last edited by Madara on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

I watched it. The singing was good but Carrie was so wooden that overall I was underwhelmed. I think it would be better to listen to instead of watch.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I and every homeschooler in the country watched it.  Carrie was awful but she sounded good.  The co-op I go to will probably do it next year, and I so want to go for the dad's girlfriend(in the second photo).  She's awful and I love her. (plus her musical number would be the first to get cut, aka no singing for me!)
michisings
Kenshuusei

Post by michisings »

I am actually curious about it but I have read the reviews. No one seemed to like it. I love Julie Andrews' Maria so I am not so sure if I should watch it. Inevitably, I have a feeling I will end up comparing the two movies ...

<div> •*/) /) </div>
<div>ฅ(• - •)ฅうん•*¨*•. Usa-chan PEACE!♬ </div>
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="michisings"]
I am actually curious about it but I have read the reviews. No one seemed to like it. I love Julie Andrews' Maria so I am not so sure if I should watch it. Inevitably, I have a feeling I will end up comparing the two movies ...
[/quote]

Well, you should know that this TV production is not the movie. It's the original Broadway musical. Two completely different art forms. A lot of changes were made when the show was adapted into a movie back in 1965. It should be compared to Broadway, not Hollywood.