Murray Hill Inc. running for Congress

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

neshcom
ANGERME

Murray Hill Inc. running for Congress

Post by neshcom »

Source via NYT

With a press release and video, Murray Hill announced it will run in the Republican primary in Maryland. Murray Hill Inc. is a branding company that creates, designs, and spreads the messages of their clients. They mainly work on government related projects.

From the press release:
“The strength of America,” Murray Hill Inc. says, “is in the boardrooms, country clubs and Lear jets of America’s great corporations. We’re saying to Wal-Mart, AIG and Pfizer, if not you, who? If not now, when?”

Murray Hill Inc. plans on spending “top dollar” to protect its investment. “It’s our democracy,” Murray Hill Inc. says, “We bought it, we paid for it, and we’re going to keep it.”
I've been trying to find a punchline in all of this, but it cannot be found. Honestly, this entire thing disgusts me. I'm very much against the ruling to let corporation donate unlimited funds to political campaigns and this leap is utterly ridiculous.
Tsuki
こぶしファクトリー

Re: Murray Hill Inc. running for Congress

Post by Tsuki »

Holy shit. The district they're running in is right next to mine. Leave it to Montgomery County to have something like this. I don't even have the words, this is just too surreal. I hope it'll hit home about corporate personhood to those who'll be watching this.
Last edited by Tsuki on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Special Needs Tricycle
ANGERME

Post by Special Needs Tricycle »

Didn't the supreme court just lift regulations on corporate spending in political campaigns, too? Princess Palin's '12 race is going to be sponsored by Walmart!
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

[quote name='Special Needs Tricycle' post='75057' date='Feb 3 2010, 08:10 PM']Didn't the supreme court just lift regulations on corporate spending in political campaigns, too? Princess Palin's '12 race is going to be sponsored by Walmart![/quote]

The ruling is mentioned in the release as their main justification for running.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »