Japan Nite w/ Chatmonchy in NY (March 21st)

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

Pucchi-Mo
ANGERME

Japan Nite w/ Chatmonchy in NY (March 21st)

Post by Pucchi-Mo »

Ok, not just them but CHATMONCHY / Omodaka / Red Bacteria Vacuum / OKAMOTO'S / JinnyOops!

wouldn't fit in the title.

So, I'm definitely going to be in NY on Sunday, the 21st. I'll probably arrive by early afternoon, if the Boltbus is on time.

The show is at 6 Delancy St. New York NY 10002, but the bus station will be on 33rd & 7th.

Who wants to hang out during the day, or possibly come to the concert (starting at 7PM)?

Tickets are about $13. GET IT
Last edited by Pucchi-Mo on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delivering bad puns and deciphering 
Tsunku's madness for ten whole years!

You're welcome.  :thumbsup:
EmEl
ANGERME

Re: Japan Nite w/ Chatmonchy in NY (March 21st)

Post by EmEl »

They added a second NY show on Monday 3/22 at the Cake Shop.

http://cake-shop.com/calendar/

What's the first thing you do when you return home after a concert?

LinLin: "I stop thinking and stare into nothingness."
Pucchi-Mo
ANGERME

Post by Pucchi-Mo »

ONLY $7 for the Monday show? I'd see them twice at that rate, seriously. Though I don't like that sales are at the door only, I'd totally go for the chance, and a Monday is sure to be less packed. It's probably a more intimate venue, and the site looks like they allow photography of the performers...

I'd be in NY anyway until Tuesday. It's not like I'd get the chance to see Chatmonchy soon after.
Last edited by Pucchi-Mo on Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AEUGNewtype
ANGERME

Post by AEUGNewtype »

It looks like Chatmonchy are the headliners, yet they're only going to be at 3 of the US dates, and that doesn't include the one in Chicago. I don't even really know anything about any of these groups, but to have the headliner of a tour not at some of the dates seems a little retarded. I'm debating going, but not sure yet, and I don't have time to research all these groups, it would just be a sporadic decision.
EmEl
ANGERME

Post by EmEl »

[quote name='The☆AEUGNewtype' post='77018' date='Mar 13 2010, 10:16 AM']but to have the headliner of a tour not at some of the dates seems a little retarded[/quote]

It really is. From what I understand it's mostly Sony Music's belief that since Chatmonchy won't really have sustained American success there was really no point in having them play the tour when they could be in Japan marketing for people who care. I've heard it costs bands more money to to do this than they get from it. (At least in the short term, is what I say!)

They were going to allow them play SXSW and then nothing else. (I guess that way they could market them as "HAY, they played in America!) They had to be convinced to schedule the three tour dates that they are actually going to play. Who needs convincing to play in large American cities? The other bands are smaller so I guess they just will tour wherever they can, but Sony can certainly afford to send a band to America for a week.
Last edited by EmEl on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

What's the first thing you do when you return home after a concert?

LinLin: "I stop thinking and stare into nothingness."
Pucchi-Mo
ANGERME

Post by Pucchi-Mo »

[quote name='The☆AEUGNewtype' post='77018' date='Mar 13 2010, 12:16 PM']It looks like Chatmonchy are the headliners, yet they're only going to be at 3 of the US dates, and that doesn't include the one in Chicago. I don't even really know anything about any of these groups, but to have the headliner of a tour not at some of the dates seems a little retarded. I'm debating going, but not sure yet, and I don't have time to research all these groups, it would just be a sporadic decision.[/quote]

I'm not sure if they are even considered the headliners. I mentioned them in my thread title because they are the sole reason for me to go to this event. I'd just like to clear that up.

When I bought my ticket to the NY show, Chatmonchy wasn't even mentioned on the ticket page. It said "JapanNite with Red Bacteria Vacuum / Omodaka / JinnnyOops! / Okamato's"

It seems like the groups may get equal time to play, and the order isn't so significant. Depending on the website, other participating bands are mentioned first, so it's hard to tell. (or it might just be that since it's a random Japanese band event, whoever wrote this didn't care enough to make it accurate, since no one really knows who these groups are)
Last edited by Pucchi-Mo on Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AEUGNewtype
ANGERME

Post by AEUGNewtype »

[quote name='TightWetPucchi' post='77126' date='Mar 15 2010, 02:19 PM'][quote name='The☆AEUGNewtype' post='77018' date='Mar 13 2010, 12:16 PM']It looks like Chatmonchy are the headliners, yet they're only going to be at 3 of the US dates, and that doesn't include the one in Chicago. I don't even really know anything about any of these groups, but to have the headliner of a tour not at some of the dates seems a little retarded. I'm debating going, but not sure yet, and I don't have time to research all these groups, it would just be a sporadic decision.[/quote]

I'm not sure if they are even considered the headliners. I mentioned them in my thread title because they are the sole reason for me to go to this event. I'd just like to clear that up.

[/quote]

They're all over the top of the page and listed at the top of the lists on the official page. Either way, I know nothing about any of these artists and none of them particularly seem like something I'd be into, and although I wouldn't be against trying something new, I don't know if its worth going out of my way to go to a show like this.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Won't be going to the Viper Room this Sat. Chatm aren't even playing until 11:20 -- the final act. I'm an old lady haha. We're still undecided about their Wed appearance at Amoeba.