Famous movie monologues

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

neshcom
ANGERME

Famous movie monologues

Post by neshcom »

I'm starting a new video projects involving cinema/video's most well known monologues/speeches. I'm not much of a film buff and I can't really decide what is the most "well-known" monologue.

Can you suggest some memorable movie monologues? Also, maybe a link to YT of said clips?
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Re: Famous movie monologues

Post by al kusanagi »

PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Geof
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Geof »

[quote name='CO2 Blasted Idols' post='91599' date='Jan 12 2011, 06:50 PM']Also, this is MM-BBS, the BBS that hates the H!P fans in almost all other forums.[/quote]
vrchards
Kenshuusei

Post by vrchards »

This is the most Memorable Movie Monologues.

"Greed is good, I'm as mad as hell--iconic lines from movie monologues in Wall Street, Network, Pulp Fiction, Apocalypse Now, Of Human Bondage and Glengarry Glen Ross."
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

Thanks for all the replies so soon.

I think I could open this up to generally famous scenes or moments with dialogue.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Okay, just two more!

Not exactly a monologue, but three characters delivering one speech to an audience: Boondock Saints courtroom speech (EXTREMELY spoiler heavy if you haven't seen it) Starts at 1:30.

Another far more light-hearted but awesomely many 3 person speech: The MAN SPEECH from Boondock Saints 2.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Thread open for 2 hours and THIS was not posted yet? You people fail!

Ginormous spoiler btw.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I'm disturbed by the lack of Scarface in here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4IZSs7n7as

Not sure if it fits your "monologue" thing though.

Two things from Pulp Fiction:

"Does he look like a bitch ?" and of course Ezekiel 25:17:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGiQsM2xmEg...feature=related
Last edited by Ap2000 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

Thank you all so much for all of your input! The three preliminary scenes I've picked are Pulp Fiction, Patton, and the dying monologue from Blade Runner. If any of these don't work, I'll definitely be back to this thread. Again, thank you all so much! I'll fill y'all in with more details when I begin production.
Gerald
ANGERME

Post by Gerald »

Yes, well, a few adequate suggestions I suppose but how can you omit Gollum
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

For the romantics, the monologue from the end of Chasing Amy makes me tear up. The movie was crap, but gaaaaah I loved that monologue.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

Ok, so my major editing is done on the project and it's an interesting outcome. I guess I can explain my process.

This project was a mini-experiment for me based on an idea I've had percolating for a while: to take famous monologues or exchanges and edit out all of the dialogue (and in some parts, the sense of dialogue/conversation). Without the dialogue run around in Pulp Fiction, the apartment murders become more merciless and more authoritative. Without the speech of his lost memories, the "Tears in rain" scene of Blade Runner suddenly becomes a small narrative of martyrdom. And the opening to Patton makes it look like the general is simply babysitting the audience through facial expressions and gestures. The total, unedited runtime of these three scenes, collectively, is about 25-30 minutes long. Blade Runner cuts down to over one minute, Patton becomes about 2-3 minutes, and Pulp Fiction becomes 2.5 minutes; an overall runtime of less than ten minutes.

The first major cuts are done and this project need to be on the back burner for a little while (deadline is the 3rd). Two papers need to be finished/started, an animation need to be animated, and I STILL don't have a working copy of The Godfather (fuck cinephiles and their .MKV crap).

Again, thanks to everyone for all of your help!