Oricon releases half-year sales statistics

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

neshcom
ANGERME

Oricon releases half-year sales statistics

Post by neshcom »

Official Oricon Clusterfuck© page

Oricon has published its music sales rankings for the first half of 2010, and for the second year in a row, Arashi held the #1 and #2 singles with "Troublemaker" (688,000 copies) and "Monster" (654,000 copies). Only Pink Lady and Hikaru Genji have achieved #1 and #2 simultaneously before, but Arashi is the only one to do it in consecutive years.

AKB48 held the #3 and #5 spots with "Ponytail to Chouchou" (577,000) and "Sakura no Shiori" (381,000), while KAT-TUN's "Love yourself ~Kimi ga Kirai na Kimi ga Suki~" landed in between them (440,000 copies).

On the albums chart, Namie Amuro led the way with her "PAST < FUTURE" (566,000). FUNKY MONKEY BABYS, TVXQ, and Ikimono Gakari were not far behind.

In DVDs, Michael Jackson's "THIS IS IT" topped the rankings with 789,000 in sales. Arashi was #2 with their "ARASHI Anniversary Tour 5x10" (688,000).

The Top 50 rankings in each category can be viewed at the Oricon website.

ImageImage
Ap2000
つんく♂

Re: Oricon releases half-year sales statistics

Post by Ap2000 »

Wow, I don't know a single song from those listed.

I got so disconnected from popular japanese music nowadays... guess I'll have a lot to listen during the summer, though I have absolutely no interest in those boybands.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I love "Troublemaker"! Yay for Arashi and AKB!

H!P didn't even make it in the top 50 for anything (I didn't chack about DVD's though).

Hmmm....but I can't say I'm not surprised...their popularity has been going down it seems...

Sorry to offend anybody, but why is KE$HA there (in top 50 for albums)??

And I didn't know Shia LaBeauf (or however you spell his name) had songs/ or a DVD, I can't remember what category... unless I read the katakana wrong since I was just skimming.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
EmEl
ANGERME

Post by EmEl »

[quote name='Saya' post='81208' date='Jun 24 2010, 01:58 PM']Sorry to offend anybody, but why is KE$HA there (in top 50 for albums)??[/quote]

After Michael Jackson, Japan loves Kesha and Lady Gaga. I think they have a mini-crush on Justin Bieber as well.

What's the first thing you do when you return home after a concert?

LinLin: "I stop thinking and stare into nothingness."