Summer rock group collab projects

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

Pucchi-Mo
ANGERME

Summer rock group collab projects

Post by Pucchi-Mo »

LEMON'S NOT DEAD. Ok, I'll stop.

Anyway, Base Ball Bear, and a ton of other random groups have been working on collaboration projects recently.

The first with an actual album release would be ∀ (Turn A) by iLL. It came out last week.

Included in this album are songs by Shutoku Mukai, POLYSICS, Clammbon, the telephones, Base Ball Bear, ACO, RYUKUDISKO, Seiichi Yamamoto & Yuji Katsui, DJ NOBU, moodman, and a remix of an AKFG song.

1. TELEPATHY ALTERNATIVE/ (Seiichi Yamamoto & Yuji Katsui)

2. SHINUMADE DANCE/ (Shutoku Mukai)

3. BROKEN TOYS/ (POLYSICS)

4. ILL COME/ (ALTZ)

5. UTATTERUNDA BABY/ (Base Ball Bear)

6. MELT GIRL/ (DAZZ Y DJ NOBU)

7. TAKE ME OUT/ (the telephones)

8. HARUKA FEAT.ILL & MEG/ RYUKYUDISKO feat.iLL & MEG

9. DEADLY LOVELY/ (moodman)

10. DRONES/ (ABRAHAM CROSS)

11. A DAY/ (aco)

12. SHINSEIKI NO LOVE SONG/ (ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION)

13. VOYAGER/ (Clammbon)

I came for the BBB, but I stayed for the Telephones track. It's ridiculously catchy. It's pretty much just the phrase take me out and distorted alien voice talking about working too hard.Lyrics

Em-El, the intro has the screaming women you love from Monkey Discooooooo

The Polysics arranged song is cool too, I like the computer noises and the bass line.

The Base Ball Bear song is definitely a different sound than the usual. It reminds me of the time BBB, Chatmonchy & Snowkel covered Konya wa Boogieback. Complete with lead singer Koide's rapping.

Other BBB projects

Kuchibiru Detective: BBB+acco+呂布

Kuchibiru Detective is also used to promote Pocky products. The mystery woman acco, is actually Akiko from Chatmonchy. It's really great to hear her sing more than just backup, and I'm pretty impressed. It's a fun song with random rapping throughout. Not much rapping from BBB's lead singer, but the real rapping by Kyo Nuno, is interesting, I'm not familiar with his older works yet...

Last but not least, kimino-me. I love Sakanaction and I love Base Ball Bear, they are my absolute favorites at this moment. How are they together? Brilliant. I really hope they do other collaborations. The main Sakanaction element (other than the vocals) is the amazing buildup. full version audio

It starts with Koide singing to a very basic instrumental, no synths, no crazy effects, then the song explodes into a party when Yamaguchi steps in. I love the subtle backup vocals from Shiori and then the guitar going crazy. kimino-me short PV: BBB + Ichiro Yamaguchi

I don't know what is next, but the BBB site mentions a double release in September. Probably a mini album and a new single. If I read BBB-twitter correctly, there should be at least 5 side project songs.

Back to the Telephones, they recently released a collab with MiChi called Wonder Woman It's also very catchy, but I still prefer take me out. I never knew about MiChi but I may check out her stuff... (she has a song called FUCK YOU AND YOUR MONEY, but she never says the title or sounds angry in it) ah well.

Returning to the start of the circle, iLL is producing 8 songs for the telephones next album [We Love Telephones], which will be released on 8/4

(I'll share all of these, once I find good rips)
Last edited by Pucchi-Mo on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delivering bad puns and deciphering 
Tsunku's madness for ten whole years!

You're welcome.  :thumbsup: