f(x) in the HOUSE!

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Vikitty
ANGERME

Re: f(x) in the HOUSE!

Post by Vikitty »

I follow Amber on Twitter which is how I found out about Sulli. So tragic. The agencies need to do more to support their talent because of how many of them struggle with anxiety and depression from the insane workload, but they probably won't and this will keep happening. 
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Valerie" data-cid="218877" data-time="1571149571">
I follow Amber on Twitter which is how I found out about Sulli. So tragic. The agencies need to do more to support their talent because of how many of them struggle with anxiety and depression from the insane workload, but they probably won't and this will keep happening.</blockquote>

I don’t know what they could have personally done for Sulli. She wasn’t an idol anymore and didn’t have that crazy workload and there’s very little they could really do on their end to keep her private life private. All these companies talk about going after the rude people online but they can’t really make them go away. The only real option at this point for these people is to leave show business, I think.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Yeah, I had forgotten that Sulli had actually left. I can't remember the reason she had left, was it because of the bullying? I know she'd gotten the worst of it when she was with the group.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Yeah the reason I remember was that the bullying had just been too much on her health.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Valerie" data-cid="218886" data-time="1571283032">Yeah, I had forgotten that Sulli had actually left. I can't remember the reason she had left, was it because of the bullying? I know she'd gotten the worst of it when she was with the group.</blockquote>

I don’t remember her reason for leaving but apparently she went on a live video last week and was crying asking people to leave her alone.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Oh god, that breaks my heart.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I was really sad to hear about this, though I never followed f(x)...

But I wanted to chime in to say, wasn't she still technically an idol? She just released this song under SM about 5 months ago
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Valerie" data-cid="218886" data-time="1571283032">
Yeah, I had forgotten that Sulli had actually left. I can't remember the reason she had left, was it because of the bullying? I know she'd gotten the worst of it when she was with the group.
</blockquote>

I don’t remember her reason for leaving but apparently she went on a live video last week and was crying asking people to leave her alone.

[/quote]

Nothing was really confirmed since there was no suicide note, but she indeed had gone on livestream crying many times over the years.  I'm pretty gutted about it, honestly.  f(x) are basically my favorite female idol group of all time.  Sulli and I are the same age so it feels like we grew up together in a way - I watched SHINee and f(x) both debut and it's like... who would ever think we'd end up here? I liked pretty much every member of f(x) for different reasons but I really loved all the activism work Sulli had been doing over the last few years, she grew up to be such an intelligent and compelling woman.  It's just very, very sad.

Her solo album was really nice and I was hoping she had found her niche as someone who really never planned to be a musician in the first place (she debuted at 10 as a child actress and it kind of seemed like acting was always her real career goal).  I recommend On The Moon for anyone who wants to check out her solo work.  Very cool, dreamy stuff.  It's a shame we'll never get to hear more.
Last edited by Farrah on Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.