Music Chat Spam

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

Meikochi
ANGERME

Re: Music Chat Spam

Post by Meikochi »

I quite like it as well !

Was I the only one to think that the group's name had an underlying message haha ?
Campy <3 !
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

コンシャスTHOUGHTS - Kimochi, a damn chill tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMinJbPKfng
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVacOaFbrdE

Necronomidol released a new MV. It's basically an NES game and very cool.
Formerly Mizura
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

Idol Renaissance just dropped one of the best MVs for the year (best overall for me)
https://vimeo.com/175556172
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Do you ever see an audition that you would totally do if you fit the age requirement?
I don't care if I would never make it into a group like this, I just like the idea of being able to try.
And you don't have to be able to speak Japanese so that's a plus.

In any case, this sounds like it could be an interesting group, and I usually like most avex artists. Hope they get to debut.

http://avex-audition.jp/fewaudition/
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
Do you ever see an audition that you would totally do if you fit the age requirement?
I don't care if I would never make it into a group like this, I just like the idea of being able to try.
And you don't have to be able to speak Japanese so that's a plus.

In any case, this sounds like it could be an interesting group, and I usually like most avex artists. Hope they get to debut.

http://avex-audition.jp/fewaudition/
[/quote]

Ballsy concept for Japan. 
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

SMAP is going to disband at the end of the year.

There'd been rumors going around for some time, but it's official now.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

http://www.homicidols.com/the-wild-trumps-are-neither-a-typo-nor-a-joke/

Apprently Donald Trump idols are a thing now. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about this.
Formerly Mizura
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Metallica - Hardwired

Metallica popped out a new song and no one told me. :hmph: Not really ground-breaking, but I'm kinda digging it. You could easily put it as an album opener instead of Fight Fire With Fire or Battery and it wouldn't sound out of place there.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="199638" data-time="1471545807">Apprently Donald Trump idols are a thing now. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about this.</blockquote>Get used to it and enjoy the ride living in the age of memes. :cool:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Wa-suta (The World Standard) is back with "Kanzen Naru Idol" ("The Perfect Idol") and I still don't know why I love them but I just do; and that vocal on "goji oki" is mesmerizing.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="199716" data-time="1471727535">Metallica - Hardwired</blockquote>
Making of video. H!P groups get them, so why not Metallica. :lol:

And I totally called this song being the album opener which they confirm in the video. :cool:

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

If you haven't been listening to callme, you've been missing out. New album releasing September 28.

Are there any other current examples of self-produced idols?
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
If you haven't been listening to callme, you've been missing out. New album releasing September 28.
Are there any other current examples of self-produced idols?
[/quote]

I'm liking this group a lot. And when WB says "self produced", it's not an exaggeration. The members (all formerly of Dorothy Little Happy) compose the music, lyrics and choreography. The leader, Ruuna, was apparently inspired to become an idol by watching Morning Musume as a kid. She also mentions Perfume as an influence, which is obvious in their stylish fashion sense and, to a lesser extent, their music. I like that their music references Perfume's sound without aping it. It's pretty catchy stuff, and definitely a step above most idol music, IMO.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="200179" data-time="1473486485">If you haven't been listening to callme, you've been missing out. New album releasing September 28.</blockquote>
If I didn't know better I could have sworn that this was a K-pop song and MV. But I knew because:

a) they sing in Japanese, and
b) they're occasionally off by 0.1s in their choreo :lol:

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Panic! at the Disco's newest video for LA Devotee is perfect in so many ways.  Starring Will Byers from Stranger Things.

https://youtu.be/r5dNcKTcnPA
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

2016 is the year of idol MVs.
Maneki Kecha - time machine
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjYPtiZlgQs

You'll Melt More! released a "choose your own adventure" kind of MV in a 360 video. It's pretty cool. The one I linked here is the english version.
Formerly Mizura
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I'm kind of surprised we don't have an Utada Hikaru thread here! Oh well, I just wanted to say my quick thoughts on her new album, Fantôme, since I'm supposed to be doing homework, oops.

It's not her best ever, but it's a solid album. I really hated Hanataba wo Kimi ni ("A Bouquet of Flowers for You") at first, but reading the lyric translation and realizing it's about her mother, it became a confusingly beautiful track of hopefulness, hopelessness, and sadness. All in all, I think that describes the whole album well. And Boukyaku ("Forgotten") is one of the most depressing tracks I've ever heard from one of the darkest places a singer-songwriter has ever been before. It's written in stream of consciousness with nothing but images and fleeting moments of drunken, dark depression while wishing to die. I think it was definitely Hikaru's worst moment while grieving her mother.

Manatsu no Tooriame ("Midsummer Shower") is my vote for the most beautiful track on the album dealing with her grief though. Where "Boukyaku" is her darkest and "Hanataba" her lightest, "Manatsu" is the middle ground where she experiences grief and sadness, but with more time to process what that means to her and where she would like to move away from it.

With all that said, I'm glad that not all tracks are about her mother (from what most fans are able to tell), but the standout tracks are almost all the ones about grief, and that's really pulled out some beautiful moments for Hikaru. I'm happy with Fantôme, even if I was initially dreading its release because I thought it would be a very depressing album. It's depressing, but also really beautiful and poignant IMO.

Now back to homework, whee!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I've been without my Japanese music for a few months now as my computer is still busted and I don't want to add it to my laptop since it's a cheap-o version. So I went on a hunt for a decent radio station online. I found this free Jpop radio the other day and they have a website as well as an app(Jpop)(J-Idol App) [They have them in the other App stores but I didn't link them.) They play all sorts of music. Lots of H!P as well as other idol groups and Jpop acts. Check them out. :)

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Since people have expressed some interest in Yanakoto Sotto Mute because of Nadeshiko being a part of the group, some of you might be interested in their second release, which is free to download onototoy  through November 25th. Ototoy seems to be fine with non-Japanese people making accounts on there and have english registration available.
Formerly Mizura
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Whyyy did it take me so long (earlier this year) to discover Daichi Miura? Just about everything I've heard from him so far is so good, and his dancing is superb. I feel like I need to buy all his CDs to catch up now...
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

An article on Google and A.I. in The New York Times has this line, referring to something that happened in early November:

"As dawn broke over Tokyo, Google Translate was the No. 1 trend on Japanese twitter, just above some cult anime series and the long-awaited new single from a girl-idol supergroup."

Anyone here know which anime series and which idol group single were trending on Japanese twitter in early November?

Thanks.

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="203386" data-time="1481999880">Anyone here know which anime series and which idol group single were trending on Japanese twitter in early November?</blockquote>
Top Trends in Japan on 1st November 2016

I skimmed through the whole November, but I didn't notice any mention of Google or A.I. Unless either of them were written in kanji. And I don't know how reliable that site is anyway, I thought what you see in Twitter trending box is presonalised to you.

I don't really follow anime or this many other idol group so I can't even make an educated guess. For the latter, an uneducated guess would be AKB48's "High Tension" single, released on November 16th (also apparently a graduation single for one of A-team members). I don't know what other girl idol group could really pull enough numbers to trend.

For anime, here's a list of Fall 2016 series. I think I saw Gundam mentioned in the first site I linked, so it's probably that, but again that's an uneducated guess. The only other series in this season that truly deserves the "cult" label would be Time Bokan 24 (think Yattaman).
Last edited by aine on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="203386" data-time="1481999880">
Anyone here know which anime series and which idol group single were trending on Japanese twitter in early November?
</blockquote>

Top Trends in Japan on 1st November 2016

I skimmed through the whole November, but I didn't notice any mention of Google or A.I. Unless either of them were written in kanji. And I don't know how reliable that site is anyway, I thought what you see in Twitter trending box is presonalised to you.

I don't really follow anime or this many other idol group so I can't even make an educated guess. For the latter, an uneducated guess would be AKB48's "High Tension" single, released on November 16th (also apparently a graduation single for one of A-team members). I don't know what other girl idol group could really pull enough numbers to trend.

For anime, here's a list of Fall 2016 series. I think I saw Gundam mentioned in the first site I linked, so it's probably that, but again that's an uneducated guess. The only other series in this season that truly deserves the "cult" label would be Time Bokan 24 (think Yattaman).

[/quote]

Thanks, Aine. On FB, they think it's AKB48 also. As for the anime, one respondent suggested "Yuri!!! on Ice."

I'm astounded by that list of series. No wonder I'm way behind on current anime. I've given up all hope of ever catching up.

There is a new Pokémon series (Sun and Moon) and I wonder when it will show up in the U.S. on Cartoon Network.

Thanks for that link. Worth perusing just to at least familiarize myself with current series, even if I'm unlikely to watch any except for Pokémon.

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="203390" data-time="1482009301">Thanks, Aine. On FB, they think it's AKB48 also. As for the anime, one respondent suggested "Yuri!!! on Ice."

I'm astounded by that list of series. No wonder I'm way behind on current anime. I've given up all hope of ever catching up.</blockquote>
My Must-Watch list of anime goes back to the early 90's. The up-side of that is that I get to watch a lot of series from Back When Anime Was Good[tm]. The down-side is that I miss out on the hype of watching the newest stuff, but it's not really that much to miss out on.

I did watch two recent series just as they aired though, Macross Delta and Ace Attorney. One was just all right, the other was one of the biggest disappointments in my whole anime-watching history. Guess which one was which.

And the "Yuri!!! on Ice" must have been joking (very poorly too), Gundam and Time Bokan are the only two series this season that deserve any "cult" recognition.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Another FB friend found the Twitter feed and insists that the group in question is Nogizaka 46. But she didn't i.d. the anime.

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="203390" data-time="1482009301">
Thanks, Aine. On FB, they think it's AKB48 also. As for the anime, one respondent suggested "Yuri!!! on Ice."

I'm astounded by that list of series. No wonder I'm way behind on current anime. I've given up all hope of ever catching up.
</blockquote>

My Must-Watch list of anime goes back to the early 90's. The up-side of that is that I get to watch a lot of series from Back When Anime Was Good[tm]. The down-side is that I miss out on the hype of watching the newest stuff, but it's not really that much to miss out on.

I did watch two recent series just as they aired though, Macross Delta and Ace Attorney. One was just all right, the other was one of the biggest disappointments in my whole anime-watching history. Guess which one was which.

And the "Yuri!!! on Ice" must have been joking (very poorly too), Gundam and Time Bokan are the only two series this season that deserve any "cult" recognition.

[/quote]

My daughter confirmed that "Yuri!!! on Ice" is indeed a new cult hit that's all the rage.

Last edited by Madara on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="203426" data-time="1482099623">My daughter confirmed that "Yuri!!! on Ice" is indeed a new cult hit that's all the rage.</blockquote>
Popular (often ironically) != cult.

Both Gundam and Time Bokan are classic series going back to the 70's that have massive following and have raised at least a couple of generations of anime fans in Japan and in the West. "Yuri on Ice" is just the latest fad.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="203431" data-time="1482108830">Popular (often ironically) != cult.</blockquote>
I'd even say it's the opposite.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="203426" data-time="1482099623">
My daughter confirmed that "Yuri!!! on Ice" is indeed a new cult hit that's all the rage.
</blockquote>

Popular (often ironically) != cult.

Both Gundam and Time Bokan are classic series going back to the 70's that have massive following and have raised at least a couple of generations of anime fans in Japan and in the West. "Yuri on Ice" is just the latest fad.

[/quote]

Yeah, but the latest fad is the one that's going to be trending on Twitter. The demographic that loves Gundam and Time Bokan are not the Twitter demographic.