The Official H!P Question Thread

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

MejraThea
ANGERME

Re: The Official H!P Question Thread

Post by MejraThea »

I'm sorry I didn't notice this until now! The members always line up and talk/introduce themselves. At the beginning, middle, or end of each concert, usually. Though for H!P concerts they don't, because there's so many of them.

I actually came to ask, do we have a place to trade/sell goods here? I have a non-H!P item I'm desperately looking to get rid of and no one on the I!S is biting so I thought I'd ask here.
Last edited by MejraThea on Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I think it would be better for you to sell on H!O.
Campy <3 !
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I think so, too, though on H!O the only place I could find is the H!P swap area, so I think that's a dead end as well haha.
Last edited by MejraThea on Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="199727" data-time="1471784088">I actually came to ask, do we have a place to trade/sell goods here? I have a non-H!P item I'm desperately looking to get rid of and no one on the I!S is biting so I thought I'd ask here.</blockquote>Just make a thread for it in Members Territory.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Will do! Thanks for the suggestion.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Are Risa Ogata and Haruna Ogata related? With that matching set of high cheekbones, they look very much alike.

GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

Nope, but when Risa was announced, I think everyone wished for it lol.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

To further add on, though they phonetically have the same last name, the actual kanji themselves are different, which is the reason why they aren't related.

尾形 (Haruna) and 小片 (Risa).

Of course, though, we can always put on our tin hats and postulate the theory that Risa could've simply changed her kanji to create that illusion.  :wizard:  Haha.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Who was the first Morning Musume member to have a baby? I remember Tsuji being first because it was the first announced after I became a fan. But didn't either Aya Ishiguro or Sayaka Ichi (or both) have babies before Tsuji?

Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

The first Morning Musume member to have a baby was Ishiguro Aya, her daughter was born in 2000.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Revangelis"]
The first Morning Musume member to have a baby was Ishiguro Aya, her daughter was born in 2000.
[/quote]

Thanks.

Did Sayaka have a baby at all? And if so, was it before or after Nono's baby?
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Sayaka has three children; her first was born in August 2003 or 2004 (not sure which; Japanese wiki says 2004, H!P wiki says 2003), 3~4 years before Noa's birth.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Revangelis"]
[/quote]

Aya graduated from MM in May 2000, so she must have already been pregnant at the time. Did Up-Front know? Is that why she graduated? Why was there no scandal? And when did she get married?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Apparently she got pregnant directly after she graduated in January. Her daughter was born in November so it's possible. She had a boyfriend while being in the group, though.

She got married in May.

Not sure why this wasn't that important. Yuuko also said that she had a boyfriend while being in the group, but I guess since she and Aya were already older most people didn't care - I think the tabloids were more interested in stories about Nacchi and Kaori. Also, early Musume wasn't that idol-y - as far as I know.
Last edited by DonJuan on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

How big are the official photos (like the photo sets they release for concerts)? I was thinking about getting some for someone I know but I'm not sure how big they are. Would anyone be able to give a rough estimate? Thanks!
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="kira"]
How big are the official photos (like the photo sets they release for concerts)? I was thinking about getting some for someone I know but I'm not sure how big they are. Would anyone be able to give a rough estimate? Thanks!
[/quote]

They come in different sizes, but I think they're usually not too big. All the ones I have are the size of my whole hand or smaller. Thea would be someone who would know for sure...
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

I went ahead and got them anyway :whistling: 

I believe the ones I got are L size which makes them roughly the size I am looking for (less than 5x7in). I went off CDjapan's measurements of 12.7cm x 8.9cm.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

Whoops, should have entered this.

L-size: 12.7 x 8.9 cm
Postcard or KG size: 15.2 x 10.2 cm
2L size: 13.0 x 19.0 cm
A5 size: 14.8 x 21.0 cm
A4 size: 21.0 x 29.7 cm

Long spiel:
Only the physical Hello!Project shops release photos individually.  The webstore <i>used</i> to, but now they tend to bundle their photos by generation or more.  (Probably because of inventory reasons.)

E-lineup Mall and the concerts sell L-photosets per entire group.  They also release solo photo sets (editin 2L sizes only) over the course of a concert run (MM's concert run is up to F this week with two more venues, so I think they'll go up to H for Budokan), but those are priced higher, plus they now have a habit of selling them in groups of 2 or 4. (Again, inventory reasons.)

A5s are reserved for the "dailies" (higawari, meaning "changes by date"), that is, you can only get them at the events or concerts, plus they vary by date. If you're lucky they'll release an additional set online for the tour final, but it's not the same as a daily photo.

A4s are extremely rare, and are saved for finales.  

Also, here's the pricing:
L-photos: 110-150 yen each
2L-photos: 250 yen each
Collection photos (aka, lucky dips): L-size, but priced at 500 yen each because of the packaging & a super strong film sleeve. (It feels actually thicker than archival quality film, but it isn't marked as such.)
A5 photos: 500 yen each
A4 photos: 1500 yen each

I've only seen the postcard size used for each girl's birthday photo set which you can only get on the Web Store or Hello!Shop, so those are hard to find.  Pricing is around 400 yen.
For storing A5s, I've found the simplest way is to simply get H!P's own A5 photo binder to save on the trouble of finding one that fits.  The other photos should fit in most standard photo albums.

If you need sleeves for individual photos, let me know!  I will gladly give you my collection for the sake of house cleaning.
Last edited by kitaoji on Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="kitaoji"]
I've only seen the postcard size used for each girl's birthday photo set which you can only get on the Web Store or Hello!Shop, so those are hard to find.  Pricing is around 400 yen.
[/quote]

Wonderful post, Kitaoji! Though thanks for thinking of me, TicTac. :)

I want to comment on the quoted part, that if you know where to look they actually do postcard sizes a lot more! They did them for the AloHellos, and other things too. I only know since I have two AloHello Riho postcard photos, haha.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Wow Kitaoji thanks for the really informative post! I'm not much of a photo collector but it really helps.

Speaking of sleeves, where do you get them? I was just browsing Amazon but I'm not sure what size to get. (my plan was to mail them with a 5x7in card which is why they needed to be less than 5x7in but I don't want to send it without something protective)
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Here's my amazon list for BCW sleeves, which is just how I keep track of which sleeves I usually get. The 9 pocket page is for tradecards, the 4 pocket for Ls, and the 2 pocket for 2Ls. Postcards don't fit in the 4 pocket so they have to go in the two pocket with a little room to spare. The other three fit perfectly, though! I've found them to be very god quality sleeves!

As for individual photo sleeves, I don't know where to get those so I suggest going by kitaoji! Edit: Found some on amazon as well.
Last edited by MejraThea on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

I'm not 100% sure about the photo sleeves, but if you're looking into brick & mortar stores, then I would try sports collectible stores, then the art stores to see if they have anything for archive purposes.  (But you really don't need to drop the full arm & leg for archive supplies, at least not for these photos!)

For mailing, I've gotten photos via mail where the sender wrapped it tightly with plastic wrap in corrugated cardboard and/or sandwiched between two index cards and they've survived the mail, so take that as a good sign?  

But no, I will gladly send anyone surplus photo stuff for just the cost of shipping, from the matte polybags to the collection photo sleeves (because eventually, it's just best to add them to albums).  I've collected way too many photos over the past few years and really need to downsize this stuff; finding dedicated recycling centers is just not going to cut it.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

@Thea - The second link seems useful for what I'd need, so thanks!

@Kitaoji - if you have individual sleeves that would be great, I would gladly take them! But if not I will probably just order what Thea linked, since that's pretty much what I'm looking for.

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Questions: How many siblings have been in H!P? Meaning how many times has an H!P member's sibling also been in H!P, not necessarily at the same time?

I know of Asuna Okai (Chisato's sister) and her page on Generasia identifies her as such. However, for some reason I thought Yuki Goto was Maki's sister, but there's no mention of that on her Generasia page. And I think that Kaga Kaede (current KSS) looks like Ohse Kaede (The Possible) and I wonder if they're related. No mention on the Generasia page.

Thanks.

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Madara"]
Questions: How many siblings have been in H!P? Meaning how many times has an H!P member's sibling also been in H!P, not necessarily at the same time?

I know of Asuna Okai (Chisato's sister) and her page on Generasia identifies her as such. However, for some reason I thought Yuki Goto was Maki's sister, but there's no mention of that on her Generasia page. And I think that Kaga Kaede (current KSS) looks like Ohse Kaede (The Possible) and I wonder if they're related. No mention on the Generasia page.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Gotou does have a sibling named Yuuki, but he's her brother rather than sister. The "other" Yuuki has no relation to her. The Kaedes are not related; Kaede is their first name, not their last. (The inconsistent naming schemes used by people when writing Japanese names contributes a lot to this kind of confusion.)

Past that, I can't actually say I know of another sibling pair past the Okais, but I wanted to clear some of that up.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

The Okais are the only siblings in H!P. Other than that the only relatives in H!P are Yajima Maimi and Takeuchi Akari (cousins).

I made a list a while ago of H!P members who are related to other idols. Might be a little outdated now. (I know it's missing one: Nakayama/Yamada Nana's sister just joined NMB48 Kenkyuusei)
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I'm writing up the Kobushi Factory summer concert at the beach (Otodama Sea Studio) and they sing one song that goes unidentified by source on Generasia: "Natsu." Who originally did this song? It doesn't sound familiar to me.

Thanks.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Natsu is the c/w to Melon Kinenbi's Chance of Love.

Found the info here-> http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/Kobushi_Sono_Ichi

Will you please bookmark this wiki?
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

^yep, you'll get the most info there.

Generasia is also a general wiki. You aren't going to get anything specific there, especially about idols.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Will you please bookmark this wiki?
[/quote]

Lay off of him. This is the official question thread and Madara has been an active poster here for a long time. Giving him such a pissy attitude is not going to make him feel good, especially in a thread actively created for questions.

He's a reporter, remember? I think he'd rather hear from people he trusts, like us, about these questions than an outside source he's unsure about. Instead of giving him a link and a snippy response, give him an actual answer without making him feel like a dumb child.

Anyway, Gale (Kodoku) is right, generasia is just a general wiki, if you do want to use a wiki as a source, the H!P wiki is good.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.