Wonder Girls

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Derby
ANGERME

Re: Wonder Girls

Post by Derby »

Wasn't she already on that hiatus that seemed like it was not going to finish?
I mean, she married, had a baby(? and I read she and her husband were on a missionary travel somewhere on África or Asia
Image Hey
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I knew Sunye wasn't coming back, it was Sohee I was holding out hope for haha.

She's in Canada Derby. She just goes to Haiti sometimes.
Last edited by Noa on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Well I knew Sohee couldn't come back because she had already left JYP. Maybe if Sunye decides to come back to the music industry she'll be able to pursue a solo career.

In other news...
1st teaser: Sunmi

Can't even contain my excitement. :D :D :D
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Well JYP and her new company both said they would be fine with her joining a WG comeback if she wanted to.

Here's some netizen reactions to the two of them officially leaving the group: http://bit.ly/1HK9GlD

Sunmi looks great! I'm so excited for this.
ImageImage
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

http://www.dramafever.com/news/jyp-entertainment-admits-the-wonder-girls-made-the-sunye-and-sunmi-withdrawal-call/

THIS is why I love the Wonder Girls; no drama or backstabbing, just a really deep friendship that I hope will continue beyond this. :heart:
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

2nd teaser: Yubin

They're a lot better than I expected! I'm already excited to see how they do live.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

So I assume Yubin is not going to rap anymore, right? will they have only 1 o 2 vocalists like CNB/FTI?
I mean, AOA could play all the instruments and sing with no problem but I can't imagine her rapping while playing the drums/suddenly stopping her drum and rapping on a chair/suddenly stopping her drum, walk to the center and rap, and then comeback to the chair to keep playing drums. Also, AOA's drummer wasn't a vocalist either, right?
Image Hey
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="190045" data-time="1437524603">
So I assume Yubin is not going to rap anymore, right? will they have only 1 o 2 vocalists like CNB/FTI?

I mean, AOA could play all the instruments and sing with no problem but I can't imagine her rapping while playing the drums/suddenly stopping her drum and rapping on a chair/suddenly stopping her drum, walk to the center and rap, and then comeback to the chair to keep playing drums. Also, AOA's drummer wasn't a vocalist either, right?</blockquote>
I've seen plenty of people sing and play drums (apparently it's really hard though), but never rapping and drumming. I guess anything's possible, though.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/t0aSDCau6kY">Teaser 3: Lim</a> (or "Hye Rim", whatever her official name is now)
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

4th Teaser: Ye Eun

Good grief she's beautiful. :D

Just 10 more days...
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

"I Feel You" teaser

LOL, JYP trolls us with the teasers once again. "Band concept" for sure. :P It's Me,In vs. Be My Baby all over again. Can't say there's a part of me that didn't expect this though.

But I'm DEFINITELY digging the 80s theme. I just wish I knew what the heck was happening in the video...

Album Spoiler

3 DAYS!
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I love everything. I need to order my copy.
ImageImage
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
"I Feel You" teaser
[/quote]

That's totally laser.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Did anyone realize she just unzipped her pants to show her...?
Image Hey
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

We are all invited to a party in Sunmi's pants!
ImageImage
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

TheMV is out!! Yeeun is killing me she is so hot.
ImageImage
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I'm not really into the song at the moment but the MV is great
It's weird to see those 3 dancing with the instruments, even if they're just moving their legs
I wish they would have made their comeback for the 1st week of September to see an epic fight between Wonderful and Sone like back in the day...
Image Hey
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Wonder Girls would lose so that wouldn't even be fun. Just go and look at when The Boys and Be My Baby overlapped.

Edit: I read that wrong. But I'm tired and too lazy to fix it
Last edited by Noa on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="190399" data-time="1438576150">TheMV is out!! Yeeun is killing me she is so hot.</blockquote>
I love synthiepop and the music is great.
But the audio mixing really throws me off, the singing unfortunately doesn't fit at all imo. I think it's a good 15~20% too loud.
I'm hoping for an instrumental version, so I can remix it to my liking, because the song has potential.

Yubin's at the drums, right?
Last edited by Ap2000 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Yep, Yubin's on drums.

My thoughts while watching the video:

Oh my gosh Yenny's voice is so sexyyyyy... (I thought she was about to rap for a second though, haha)

YUBIN'S HAIR IS GORGEOUS

Lim's hair is cute as well.

And Sunmi's back, whatever. :P (LOL, I feel terrible, but for some reason I've never been able to figure out what's special about her. There's nothing to dislike, and her voice is nice I guess, but...)

There were a couple scenes in the video that were kind of awkward for me, but otherwise, I like it. I hope they promote at least one of the other album tracks, too. I get the feeling some of the other songs might give them a chance to actually play like a band. Maybe not.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Here's a 20 mins live and it seems they actually play the instruments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1ItG1e4exI

EDIT:

Unfortunately, it's mostly an interview...

Here's just the performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_kUirXVEO0
Last edited by Ap2000 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

On the Sketchbook you can't do playback of any kind so I think it is 100% live
Image Hey
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="Derby"]
On the Sketchbook you can't do playback of any kind so I think it is 100% live
[/quote]

That's actually not true, for future reference.  Sketchbook allows double tracking and harmonies to be used for playback.  They also pitch correct the ever living hell out of their performances to the point of some sounding like Vocaloid. I used to get so excited to see groups go on Sketchbook but ever since they've started doing that, the only reason to watch is to hear how some songs sound with a live band.

I really enjoy this album but upon listening to it twice I have to admit that my fears of the songs blurring together too much were not unfounded.  They definitely could have experimented more within the theme than they did but I still enjoy pretty much all of the songs, even if some of them sound like slightly modified versions of each other.
Last edited by Farrah on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I knew they can use harmonies but I still don't understand the overly-editing part, I could not hear the auto-tune everybody was talking about on the comments of that performance.
Then I clicked on 2NE1's Come back home and Bom sounded just as bad as usual
Image Hey
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

If you've worked with autotune or melodyne or basically any pitch correction software, it is veeery obvious in that clip.  The strange vibrato on the end of some lines  (autotune doesn't respond well to vibrato and basically makes it sound extra goat-y), the weird processed sound on some of the long notes, the sort of clipped way most of the notes flow into each other, etc.  There's a natural amount of pitch drift and modulation that occurs in "naked" vocals - pitch correction flattens all of that out which, when used sneakily, basically delivers the vocal equivalent to "uncanny valley" - something's subtly not right which means if you don't know what to look for, you might miss it. Pitch correction can't save Bom though - her problems go way beyond pitch unfortunately LOL.

It's Sketchbook's perogative to alter vocals like this but they really ought to reconsider how they market themselves because it comes off as a bit dishonest that they basically represent the show as a Korean "MTV Unplugged".  I wonder if it's pressure from companies - when that one show said they weren't going to let artists lip sync more than 70% of the song, all the major companies threatened to pull their artists.
Last edited by Farrah on Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

They are publishing a behind the scenes look at the girls practicing their instruments. It's sort of a shame (and I blame it on Kpop's music shows) that they can't show themselves performing live. But I'm glad for these videos because you actually get to see them working hard. I love the 80s throw back though. I love me some 80s sync rockpop. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

EDIT: lol
Last edited by Ap2000 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I think you're looking for the T-area thread AP.
ImageImage
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I SWEAR I clicked on the right thread. haha
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Dang I got all excited when I saw new posts here
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

WG finally released a teaser for "Why So Lonely?"