LoVendoR thread, aka Reina's in a Rock Band

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Monkey D Mousa
Kenshuusei

Re: LoVendoR thread, aka Reina's in a Rock Band

Post by Monkey D Mousa »

[quote="Anderei"]
Nope, all their current releases have been indies.
[/quote]

Didn't know that, so we will see more from them this year, great :D.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

That's pretty damned good.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Lovendor has really been surprising me... I really want them to get a reliable non-Reina wota fanbase. They perform like true professionals and are enjoyable to both watch and listen to. Takui only added to the greatness lol
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Marin wrote an instrumental song "Princess of lone castle〜Kojou no Himegimi〜". Here it is performed by her and Yuki.

It'd be cool if they got to the point where UFP gave them creative control. They've all written stuff and it sounds like they've done a lot of stuff that hasn't been approved by the people in charge.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="Anderei"]
Marin wrote an instrumental song "Princess of lone castle〜Kojou no Himegimi〜". Here it is performed by her and Yuki.

It'd be cool if they got to the point where UFP gave them creative control. They've all written stuff and it sounds like they've done a lot of stuff that hasn't been approved by the people in charge.
[/quote]
Yes, please. For some reason I get a kind of video game feel from it, but I really like it.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Lovendor has really been surprising me... I really want them to get a reliable non-Reina wota fanbase. They perform like true professionals and are enjoyable to both watch and listen to. Takui only added to the greatness lol
[/quote]
I totally agree with you. (and Takui is really great).

[quote="Anderei"]
Stonez!! performance in Harajuku from last November.
[/quote]
I quite like it, especially the chorus

[quote="Anderei"]
[/quote]
It's pretty cool and I'm usually not a big fan of instrumental and guitar.
Campy <3 !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yuki and Marin playing Desert of a moonlit night.

Sohee from jplop went and saw them yesterday:

"Yeeeeeah the live yesterday was awesome. It was SUPER LONG but it was awesome. I hadn't heard of any but Lovendor so that was obviously what I was looking forward to the most and once their turn came up... *-*

I'm sure Reina sparkles or something when she gets in the mood for it. She's so radiant. >> And Neesan was the coolest thing in the universe, tbh.

They did:

1. Kono yo ni shinjitsu no ai ga hitotsu dake aru nara

2. Stonez

3. Sweet Tweet

4. Honto no kimochi (?? not sure but...)

5. For the future

6. Ikujinashi

I think. Might have the order wrong, but either way. It was awesome. They're so much fun to watch live, and you can really tell they (Reina lol) enjoy what they're doing. They have all kinds of songs; happy playful ones that you can dance to and more rockish songs. *_* They didn't do UNDERGROUNDER unfortunately, but they did enter the stage to the intro from it. Hehehe.

After the show, Okamari and Marin were selling tickets for their final on 3/5 in Shinjuku. Got to exchange a few words to Okamari where I told her I couldn't go but that I promise to go next tour and, man. She's so cute. Footage does her no justice - she's adorable. Marin was more silent and all but got to thank her at least.

Now I really need to go, hehehe. x:

All in all it was great. Long and my feet died. But it was great and I thought, again, that damn girlbands need more PR. Seriously."

I want to see a Lovendor live.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="185594" data-time="1425404805">I want to see a Lovendor live.</blockquote>
I would have last year if fucking Ticket Pia would have taken the money I was throwing at them. But no, they wouldn't take money from a filthy gaijin credit card. I'm mad to this day. :geof:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think there's a good chance they'll keep going overseas so let's just hope we both get lucky.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="Anderei"]
Yuki and Marin playing Desert of a moonlit night.

[/quote]
Yes =3=
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="185603" data-time="1425409701">I think there's a good chance they'll keep going overseas so let's just hope we both get lucky.</blockquote>
I sure hope so.

Stream of yesterday's concert is available for replay. Concert starts 34 minutes in with Bitter&Sweet, Lovendor comes on after a break at 58:30. Potato quality.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They announced that their major debut will be on July 1st. No word on whether it will be a single or an album.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Lovendor Major Debut double A-side single "Iin Janai? / untitled"

Disc 1

1.Iin Jyanai? (lyrics and composition by Nakajima Takui)

2.untitled (lyrics by Tsunku)

3.Iin Jyanai? (instrumental)

4.untitled (instrumental)

5.Desert of a moonlit night ~Tsukiyo no sabaku~ (Bonus track on regular edition A)

5.Princess of lone castle ~Kojou no Himegimi~ (Bonus track on regular edition B)

Disc 2 DVD (Limited Edition)

1.Iin Jyanai? (Music Video)

2.untitled (Music Video)

3.Sennou (Marina solo) (Live @ Shinjuku BLAZE 2015.3.5)

4.Soushisouai (Reina solo) (Live @ Shinjuku BLAZE 2015.3.5)

5.Honto no Kimochi (Live @ Shinjuku BLAZE 2015.3.5)
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I thought Tsunku wasn't writing lyrics for LoVendoR.
Formerly Mizura
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

He isn't their main producer like they made it seem he would be but it doesn't totally rule him out.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The other a-side is called Fuutsu no Watashi Ganbare.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YdtEVahe-Qg

Preview of both songs starts at 2:40, with Ganbare first and Iin second.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

They had such a good thing going with some actual rock.... Why would they switch to more idol-like songs? It doesn't feel right....
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
They had such a good thing going with some actual rock.... Why would they switch to more idol-like songs? It doesn't feel right....
[/quote]

I wonder if they're just going to gradually pander the image/sound of the band to Reina and her wota. When she graduated from MM and joined this band, I expected her to grow out of her weird over-the-top idol thing she's been doing and transition into a more adult phase of her career, but I feel like it's only gotten progressively worse. She seems more of an eyesore and a detriment to Lovendor than anything.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It's a band centered around Reina so it's never not going to be centered around anything other than her personal style. They're never going to be the image of what a stereotypical rock band looks like when their front runner has said she wouldn't wear pants even in freezing weather.

As for the music, I think it's fine. It's not as if they have so much music that they've developed a particular sound and are going to alienate people now. And I think both fit into the j-rock genre pretty well. There's a lot of variation in it.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

They seem to be doing the same thing with Lovendor that they did with Maki Goto's solo career, where they never settle on a sound or image for the group. 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
It's a band centered around Reina so it's never not going to be centered around anything other than her personal style. They're never going to be the image of what a stereotypical rock band looks like when their front runner has said she wouldn't wear pants even in freezing weather.

As for the music, I think it's fine. It's not as if they have so much music that they've developed a particular sound and are going to alienate people now. And I think both fit into the j-rock genre pretty well. There's a lot of variation in it.
[/quote]

Really? I think it's quite different from Ikujinashi, Musebi Naku, Bukiyo, Sweet Tweet, even Dakedo Mou Ichido and 880 Yen sound more rock... At least Iin Janai has a little kick but the two songs together just seems like a very odd debut single for LoVendoR. It seems to me it's a pretty different sound..
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I'm not saying it isn't different but when you can count the number of songs they have on two hands, I hesitate to say they have a 'sound'. And like I said, 'rock' doesn't have a set sound. It doesn't HAVE to be heavy.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue May 26, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvN3TvjA6lc

LoVendoR PV is at 3:19 I'm not a big fan of the group but I sorta liked what I saw from the preview shown.
Last edited by Elpis on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Mizura"]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvN3TvjA6lc

LoVendoR PV is at 3:19 I'm not a big fan of the group but I sorta liked what I saw from the preview shown.
[/quote]

Recording preview of Futsuu no Watashi Ganbare at 27:00 as well~
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Reina could sound so nice if she'd just step out of her nasal passages for even two seconds LOL it's so frustrating for me to listen to her because she purposely puts on an affected voice that makes her sound worse.  Likewise, the other girl would sound so much better if she weren't constantly going flat and sharp.  It seems like their new sound is going to be taking on some aspects of idol music that I think don't work with rock music at all which is kind of disappointing.  All the random yelling and whatnot is just corny to me.
Last edited by Farrah on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yes3hI0IR3c

Full MV was released. Upon hearing it a second time, I don't care for it much but it is better than their last single.
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I don't care much for Lovender's style (and I never will), but the MV was cute.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I don't like it. It must be in a weird key cause half the vocals sound off pitch.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。