UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

Post by JPope »

I doubt YT is demonetizing celebrity channels -- that is, channels of people who are famous for something other than being on YT. If anything, they're quick to help them get monetized faster than the average YTer.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Not the usual idol stuff but someone translated Dawa’s comments on her periods in Japan. Apparently there’s a #nobagforme project, because when you buy feminine hygiene products in Japan they wrap it in a brown paper bag and then put it into your regular bag? Which might not seem like a big deal, but it does reinforce the idea for people who already have poor experiences like Dawa that it’s something to be ashamed of.

https://twitter.com/ainogundan/status/1290011923421880320?s=21

If anyone is interested. It’s not the fun stuff like concerts but I still think it’s cool that she’s speaking out about it, because stuff like this is so important. She really is worth following post-grad.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Oh wow, yeah I'm glad she spoke out about that.

So crazy how she has gone from my least favorite member of s/mileage to someone I completely and utterly respect.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Same lol. There were times where I put even Rina above her.
Dawa also held a solo live:

Wada Ayaka Solo Live 2020 "Enki no Enki no Enki" @ Zepp Tokyo 8.1.20 (26th Birthday)

setlist :

01. Une idole

02. 少しの寂しさとともに

03. 空を遮る首都高速

04. ホットラテ

05. それでも愛を信じるのは

06. スターチス

07. 121位

08. オリーブをくわえた鳩が飛ぶ日には

09. マリッジブルー

10. 無題

11. For me and you

12. あれは運命的な出来事

13. この気持ちの行く先に

14. あなたが選んだものあなたが選ぶもの

16. エピローグ

Digest
https://youtu.be/jXvC7v7j5W0
https://youtu.be/HbvOBbHibkM
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="220773" data-time="1596475056">
Oh wow, yeah I'm glad she spoke out about that.

So crazy how she has gone from my least favorite member of s/mileage to someone I completely and utterly respect.</blockquote>
Yeah, adult Dawa is awesome. She refused to back down after she posted that comfort woman petition last year, which is a pretty bold stance in Japan.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

There's a possibility that Zukki might be back, but pretty much anonymously.

Wota have found a cooking channel on YouTube and some say it's hers. If you want to check for yourself, here.

There are more or less 4 hints that it's her:
1. The most obvious one are the moles on the left hand:

[spoilerbox]
[/spoilerbox]

2. You can see little parts of her head/face when she gets utensils and ingredients. For example her hair has a reddish tint, as it did when we last saw her (in a "censored" picture posted by Miyabi I think).

[spoilerbox]
[/spoilerbox]
Sometimes you see her ears, chin, etc. And of course the general body type.

3. She usually speeds up the parts where she says something so you can't make out her voice, but every now and then she doesn't - and then it sounds like Zukki. For example in the keema curry vid at 04:12.

4. Some time ago Mizuki posted a picture of keema curry on her instagram, saying she got the recipe from YouTube. She added a sunflower icon to it... and the hashtags #ズッキ (Zukki) and three green hearts. The keema curry video was the most recent one of the channel at the time of Mizuki's post.

It's all crumbs of course and we will probably never know for certain if it's her but the thought of Kanon being out there making cooking videos is comforting to me.

Also...
In early August a cover surfaced by a singer going by the name Kasane. Some people say that one is Kanon, too, but I'm not buying it. The voice is, well, too good. Maybe if she went and got professional singing lessons Kanon might be able to sing like that, but... eh. It sounds a bit like her at some points but not overall. Some wota have pointed out that the picture used as bg image is the view from Up Front's main building, though.
Last edited by DonJuan on Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Between the Instagram post and the mole it’s got to be Zukki! That’s cute she’s started her own channel too. But I wonder why she is being so private when like... she’s already kinda famous ???? It’s pretty hard to go back to a normal life after having devoted fans. People are already being snoopy (understandably, we miss her!)
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

The song does sound like her, and the cover art on the YT channel used her MM color. I really hope it’s her I miss her so much.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

The cooking channel is definitely hers.... even look at how the girl in that video has "duck feet" (opposite direction as pigeon-toed), just like Zukki used to like to stand, lol... And that's in addition to the already aforementioned clues.

Also that cover does sounds A LOT like her. Maybe seeing other H!P girls start their own Youtube channels pushed her to make her own. Wonder what career she's in rn.

Edited to add: Wasn't that vocal cover video uploaded a day before her birthday? (Or maybe even less than that, depending at exactly what time it was uploaded.) Also If she went to college wouldn't she have just graduated a month or so ago? Lines up with when she began her cooking videos... would make sense to focus on your studies all that time, then begin to do different things just before graduation. Also ALSO the cover singer uses the kanji 音 in her stage name, which is also part of Kanon's first name. 
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="220823" data-time="1597615142">
Between the Instagram post and the mole it’s got to be Zukki! That’s cute she’s started her own channel too. But I wonder why she is being so private when like... she’s already kinda famous ???? It’s pretty hard to go back to a normal life after having devoted fans. People are already being snoopy (understandably, we miss her!)</blockquote>

If she’s still pursuing the social work stuff like she intended she probably wants to keep things pretty private for that reason.

It’s crazy to me that people figured out this is her if it turns out to be the case. I would never watch these and think it’s her because you can see so little of her.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

5. IT'S A FOOD CHANNEL.

Come on, someone had to say it.

I am all for more Zukki. She's the Musume I miss most of the 9th & 10th grads.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^Now that Riho’s back, she’s also the only one who has no media presence.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

I miss Zukki so much... it's so good to hear her.

There are certain parts of that song that sound SO much like her, like specific syllables are unmistakable. But overall... I am not 100% convinced.
Last edited by Vikitty on Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

I'm mostly skeptical because that singer sounds too good. Kanon did have potential, but she never realized it while in the group, so to sound like that now would mean serious training after graduation.
Last edited by Zoe on Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Yeah I also doubt that it’s Kanon. There are some parts where it sounds like her, but it doesn’t sound enough like her, it’s just someone with a similar vocal tone.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

I'd also say her voice should have gotten deeper with age, but that singer had a higher tone.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I just noticed that thing about people thinking Zukki recorded something under a different name. There's no way that's her, not because the singer is so good, but because she sounds completely different from Zukki. 
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

^ Yeah, I was completely thinking it sounds nothing like her. Started to wonder if I was going crazy.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Okay well it could be nothing... But the artist who did her banner/character art is part of a two-man team who has done some H!P stuff: 

Aaaaand their team account (and his solo account) likes multiple UFP artists' posts (such as Iikubo, Nakajima, Kikkawa, Nakanishi, Mano) and a ton of Lovelys' posts (I guess they've gotten a shoutout from Lovelys before). They posted about going to see Ayacho's live and retweeted Beyonds' #1 on Oricon from last year. And shoot, even in the artist's bio it says "Hello!Project DD (wota)" sooo obviously they're an H!P fan.

What is the coincidence that they then get commissioned to create an illustration from a past-H!P member?

That picture above is from Iikubo's Instagram/Twitter and Fuku-chan's blog. We know that Iikubo does the whole online singing/idol thing... Is it such a stretch that maybe she or some sort of staff connected Kanon to this artist, if Kanon asked her for advice on starting an "anonymous" vocal cover channel? And we already know Fuku has supported her cooking channel indirectly. I mean come on, the cover was uploaded on her birthday.

Tried to do some digging on this Tsu-san who was the guitarist, but I haven't seen much that caught my eye besides the fact that he doesn't seem like a very popular figure online. Curious to how she found him to help collab as well.

PS--Fuku-chan's blog post was from July 30th of last year.

Just a spoiler tag for more tinfoil hat nonsense:
[spoilerbox]

Iikubo posted this picture about trying to improve her cooking power. This recipe is on Kanon's cooking channel.
https://twitter.com/haruna__iikubo/status/1252195017000542210

Haruna seems to have some public contact back and forth with the artist numerous times.

Someone mentioned to him about "Shima" (???) being a Zukki fan and about her graduation single blah blah I can't read this properly.... Anyway, the point is he liked that post in the back and forth convo he and this guy had. Soooo.... I found Shima, he's another manga artist who loves H!P and does some fanart.

[/spoilerbox]
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I think the cooking channel is Zukki. I think the singer, unless Kanon's voice has changed dramatically in the intervening years, is someone else.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Suzuki Airi - Let the Show Begin MV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtl-dxx1YAA

That's quite the MV for Up Front.
Someone in the comments mentioned Christina Aguilera's 'Ain't no other man' as comparison. I wouldn't compare Airi to Xtina, but parts of the MV did remind me of what Xtina did during her more jazzy times.
Last edited by DonJuan on Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Stylistically it feels more like Wonder Girls’ Nobody. Ain’t No Other Man was all about the va-va-voom.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Heads up, the maybe, maybe-not Zukki channel just posted another cover, this time for Kosui... Which may sound familiar to you since Momohime sang it for her COVERS song both on stage and then on J-Melo.

So that's two-for-two in terms of covering songs that H!P members are doing for this COVERS Ballad concert. Now granted, there's only so many ballad songs one could choose to cover. I just think it's interesting.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

It's also possible some of the coincidences are because that this person is a Kanon fan.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Airi released a new music video. It seems to be related to something with Samsung based off of the video description. It's not my type of song, but I think she does a really good job with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtl-dxx1YAA
Formerly Mizura
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Mizura"]
Airi released a new music video. It seems to be related to something with Samsung based off of the video description. It's not my type of song, but I think she does a really good job with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtl-dxx1YAA
[/quote]

*psst!* Look four posts up <b>↑  :tongue:</b><b> </b>

I like the Wonder Girls comparison more, probably because the song feels more like the Kpop of that era. Not completely -- it's very Up Front -- but the production is very similar, particularly the way the vocals are recorded. It's a pretty fun song and video. 

It's interesting that Airi and Miyabi both got swing-pop songs this year. Musically, I like "Roulette" more, but "Let The Show Begin" is the better recording by far.
Last edited by JPope on Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^To be fair I was never into Kpop. But I definitely get where you and Anderei are coming from.
And thanks for reminding me that Up Front nearly ruined Roulette with that horrible recording :doh:

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Heads up, the maybe, maybe-not Zukki channel just posted another cover, this time for Kosui... Which may sound familiar to you since Momohime sang it for her COVERS song both on stage and then on J-Melo.

So that's two-for-two in terms of covering songs that H!P members are doing for this COVERS Ballad concert. Now granted, there's only so many ballad songs one could choose to cover. I just think it's interesting.
[/quote]

By now I'm certain that it's an H!P fan at least. I think the guitarist (?) for the last cover was also a well known H!P fan.
Still not buying that it's Zukki, though. The beginning of the songs always make me go "nah that's not her, not at all". Some parts of the song sound like her, though.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The owner of the cooking channel likes every single comment that posts on her videos, and the person uploading the covers doesn’t. If that was also her channel, I would think she’d be equally responsive to the comments.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

That shit recording kind of did ruin "Roulette" for me. I rarely go out of my way to listen to it despite really liking the song and arrangement.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

idk if it's her but that Kousui cover actually does sound a lot like Zukki to me.  it's all very curious.