UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

Post by Anderei »

Dawa made it to the Forbes Japan "30 under 30" list for 2020.

https://forbesjapan.com/30under30/
https://forbesjapan.com/articles/detail/37668
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^That's pretty cool! Not gonna lie, she's spoken about a lot of interesting things, and she's leading a new wave of feminism through Japan.

Sayumi stars in a Clinique commercial. Seeing which commercials Sayu has gotten so far and comparing her to what Ai and Reina have done since graduation I wonder where the latter two went wrong.
(Not much to wonder though, it's probably connections and trying to stay in music/theater vs. being a persona in entertainment business.)
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Does she really do a lot of commercials? Just based on what I’ve seen, she doesn’t really seem to get much more work than the average graduate.

That said I can’t really picture Ai or Reina doing a Clinique commercial. Reina especially does not really fit the Clinique image lol.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Nah, she's not a commercial regular, but I mean the type of products. Sayu has promoted Clinique and donuts while Ai and Reina were in a commercial about a product that keeps bad smells out of your fridge.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

While the products Ai and Reina hawk are lame, I think there was a big deal made out of them doing promotions for that company. Makes them household names, I guess?

It's also the company that produces the Anne of Green Gables musical they both starred in.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^I guess it's on the level of Kei promoting car cleaning products. To be fair, Fukupika is a household name for car cleaning.

Ozeko opened up an instagram account! I feel sorry for the recently graduated, especially younger members of Up-Front. Dawa kind of knew what she wanted to do and she can do it, but Murotan and Ozeko have been in limbo since their grad (except for Ozeko's acting in that horror shorts show). And Minami wanted to study abroad which is also on hold right now.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Gakisan saw that she had a lot of followers from the US and Korea so... she tried doing a cooking video in English :lol:

Oh boy... :lol:

/Edit: AND Ozeki Mai will be in a stageplay titled "PINK no Kawa de Nurui Iki" (PINKの川でぬるい息).

Before there's been some buzz about the location marker of her first insta post, it was an LGBT news site or something.
Last edited by DonJuan on Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

LET'S COOKING!  :lol:

Her English is better than my Japanese, so I can't really talk. It's a cute video.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

When she tried to say cucumber and got stuck and was just like cuuuuu I felt that ????
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Suzuki Masayuki has been announced for Kouhaku this year, returning after 24 years. And he might perform "DADDY! DADDY! DO!".
So maybe there's a chance for Airi to perform with him.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Heike Michiyo has released a new digital single a few days ago and put a preview on her instagram account.
Now that's a surprise.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Aw yay I missed her!
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The post on Michiyo's IG says she wrote the music and lyrics, which is pretty sweet. 

I hope we get a link for Hirose's live broadcast.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Iikubo Haruna has her own clothing line now, called Dear me.

Here's the website and here's the official instagram account.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Well it’s about time!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^ I read that as Ayaka at first and I thought it was Dawa for a hot sec hahaha
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

She's never going to return...
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="221433" data-time="1607513896"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/352f3 ... 101cf879b7' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Ayaya gave birth to her third child on December 9th. </a></blockquote>
I didn't even know she had a first one. ????
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Zoe"]
She's never going to return...
[/quote]

Nope. 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah, but to be fair I lost hope for that after her 2nd child already...

And now, since Karin is officially an OG now...

Mirai no Filament's MV: https://youtu.be/T9_D73N3Uqo
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I wonder what their expectations are for Karin? This is well recorded contemporary pop, and she sounds good on it. It's not a very memorable song, though. It's fascinating to me that Japanese idol-pop tends to be more musically sophisticated than mainstream or "adult" pop. 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Personally I thought she'd take a break, but then corona came and everything changed. I also just realized that Mirai no Filament is not a song she has written herself. Interesting, her two digital releases were all written by other people.

I can imagine her doing something like a summer live (when corona is over/under control, hopefully) with more songs written by her. I also hope she will release a song written by herself then.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Personally I thought she'd take a break, but then corona came and everything changed. I also just realized that Mirai no Filament is not a song she has written herself. Interesting, her two digital releases were all written by other people.

I can imagine her doing something like a summer live (when corona is over/under control, hopefully) with more songs written by her. I also hope she will release a song written by herself then.
[/quote]

To be fair, the song was used in a show as a theme so I'm not surprised by it, moreso the fact they waited this long to release it lol.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

That's true, definitely. But I guess they only had this MV ready and wanted to send her off properly.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Fukuda Asuka does an acoustic cover of Summer Night Town.

Corona sucks, but damn, if that isn't the most we've seen out of OGs in a long time.

Goto has also uploaded a bunch of covers, but her latest video is about calling Mikitty and Kei.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I don't have a link but Iikubo Haruna tested positive for covid19 and is getting treatment for it.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^I hope she gets through it well! :(

Mizuki and Yokoyan are self quarantine-ing because they have worked with her and are awaiting their test results and therefore will miss some events.

---

By the way, Goto has celebrated her 20th stage debut with Mikitty and Kei and collaborated with Nono some days ago. I'm on my phone so I can't link it right now.

However, she has also been in Youngtown and spilled some tea about breaking MM rules several times. Quoting koregabaku from jplop:

"Some tea she spilled-

-She broke a lot of MM. rules the moment she joined including wearing mini skirts in private, wearing black mascara, hair dyed, etc

- she and Nacchi didn't get along but Maki's perspective was more that Maki was doing as told while Nacchi was feeling the pressure by the new center/ace

- she would hang out with fans privately, even going on vacations/trips with them; Maki explains this a bit as fans came to her mom/sister's bar/restaurant out of curiosity and from there just kind of became part of a group of friends

- she had a boyfriend during her time in H!P that moved in with her/her parents; she went so far as considering quitting HP sooner to get married

- this boyfriend is also her now husband, so I guess it all worked out?"

I love reading about stuff like this, especially if there's no real bad blood between members and company (though I'd also love to read some hot tea from Ichii, Kago or Asuka). Here's some short clip from the show: https://youtu.be/PR37Awf2HNQ