SAILOR MOON ANIME REBOOT SUMMER 2013 - MOMO IRO CLOVER TO SING THEME SONG

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

Swtess
Kenshuusei

Re: SAILOR MOON ANIME REBOOT SUMMER 2013 - MOMO IRO CLOVER TO SING THEME SONG

Post by Swtess »

CardCaptor Sakura is love and is created by the almighty Clamp. I don't really think Naoko Takeuchi can compare, her other work doesn't really interest me.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The original anime really does suffer from the monster of the day filler. Hopefully following the manga more closely means it won't be so long and also better.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Woo hoo Crunchy Roll will air Sailor Moon Crystal! Good thing we renewed our premium membership :D
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Official Trailer
And it starts in a month! Begin July 5th.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Opening is called Moon Pride. As you all probably know by now it's sung by MomoClo. It's composed by Revo of Linked Horizon.

Ending is Tsuki Niji. Also sung by MomoClo. No clue who composed.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I can only imagine what "Rainbow Moon" sounds like.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Swtess
Kenshuusei

Post by Swtess »

I am super duper excited for this even though I will probably put it off until a good chunk of episodes have been released.

Nostalgia makes me prefer the old art much more. The new design reminds me of those dolls that I can't remember the name of.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Betty Spaghetti?
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

TokyoHive has you covered on release info. Also note that Juice=Juice is releasing the same day. So much confliction and damn do I wish I had a blu-ray player!

<div>It was announced that Momoiro Clover Z would be releasing a new single entitled "MOON PRIDE" on July 30.</div>
<div>"MOON PRIDE" contains both opening and ending theme songs for upcoming "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal" anime. </div>
<div>The single will have 2 different editions; Sailor Moon Edition (CD+Blu-ray) and Momoclo Edition (CD only). </div>
<div>Both editions will include the opening theme "MOON PRIDE", provided by Revo (Sound Horizon), and the ending theme song "Gekkou", composed and arranged by Kosaka Akiko who has composed many 'Sailor Moon' songs like "Moon Revenge", "La Soldier", and "Tuxedo Mirage."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The PV for the title track "MOON PRIDE" which will be included in the Blu-ray of the "Sailor Moon Edition", will be a full animation PV of "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal", created by Toei Animation, and the "Momoclo Edition" will have a cover of "Moon Revenge" as an additional track.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>=====</div>
<div>[Sailor Moon Edition : CD+Blu-ray]</div>
<div>-CD</div>
<div>01. MOON PRIDE</div>
<div>02. Gekkou</div>
<div>03. MOON PRIDE(off vocal ver.)</div>
<div>04. Gekkou(off vocal ver.)</div>
<div>-Blu-ray</div>
<div>・「MOON PRIDE」 MUSIC VIDEO</div>
<div>[Momoclo Edition : CD-only]</div>
<div>-CD</div>
<div>01. MOON PRIDE</div>
<div>02. Gekkou</div>
<div>03. Moon Revenge</div>
<div>04. MOON PRIDE(off vocal ver.)</div>
<div>05. Gekkou(off vocal ver.)</div>
<div>06. Moon Revenge(off vocal ver.)</div>
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Swtess
Kenshuusei

Post by Swtess »

No not Betty Spaghetti but I do remember those dolls from childhood. lol They actually remind me of the animation Pepper-Anne.

I remember its called pullip doll!! lol
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

4 minute preview (opening + transformation)

I'm not too impressed with the CG, and neither is the Internet it seems.

And I don't know what event this was but the background noises will leave you wanting to murder all swooning fangirls by the end. :pirate:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

They used the same voice actor as the original for Usagi, right? Then why is her voice so damn annoying this time around?

I like the intro, and the transformation started out nice, but the cg seemed kind of shitty and low quality. :/
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

So they reanimated the old transformation sequence with CG.

Why do animaters keep doing this? :/ CG does NOT meld well with hand drawn art unless it's very very subtle. And there's no way that would ever trump the original, but I guess you can't mess with perfection.

Considering that Usagi's transformation sequences are already huge money and time savers because it's 3 minutes of every episode that only needs to be animated once, I don't see why they'd skimp on that.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

The only show I've actually liked the CG in was Love Live since its not so in your face.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

star
ANGERME

Post by star »

So...this is happening in a few hours. This has snuck up on me so fast.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I thought it starts airing on Monday.

And I was just looking on iTunes for Shoko Nakagawa songs and I found there's a 20th anniversary Sailor Moon album on there with Shoko, MomoClo, and Tommy Heavenly6 on it.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Just watched it on Hulu. Overall it was good, but you can tell they cut corners. I dislike the use of the 3D models in the opening they just seem off compared to the style being animated. 
It's basically an animated version of the manga, minus some of the flair and creative licence that the original anime had. There's a lack of emotion I see that I hope will go away over time. (The way the eyes are animated, they seem really dead to me? I don't know how to explain it.)

I like the ending much more than the opening. MomocloZ are better as a unit with slow songs, for me at least. 
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I don't mind the CG transformation, but it seems inconsistent that the transformation would be CG, but their special attacks are hand drawn. Hopefully they'll replace the transformations if enough people complain, especially in this era of massive animation quality shifts between the aired TV version and the blu-ray releases.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Just watched it on Hulu, also. Watched the new one, then watched the original, and then read the respective manga chapter. Overall I'm disappointed. I agree about the eyes. The CG..... when I was watching the preview I didn't mind it, but when it was thrown into the anime I didn't like it at all.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Their faces in general just seem emotionless especially on the weird parts where they just have a shot of their face for several seconds. I like the eyes...but a little emotion would be nice. I wouldn't mind the CG if it didnt seem so low quality. Her transformation just seems cheaply animated.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

The new anime, first impression, has a problem with tone - it isn't funny at all or warm but airy and stylized, which I guess isn't necessarily a bad thing but not MY thing.  The framed introductions of characters felt so weirdly flat, like it was some kind of dating sim instead of letting the characters fill themselves out through speech and interactions.  And while I don't mind the new look, it felt like Usagi was in a constant state of open mouthed confusion with her agog eyes and weird little gaping mouth.  

Overall, it was practically the manga, panel for panel.  This is largely why watching the show was soo bizarre.  It felt like an elaborate fan art re-drawing compilation instead of a reboot.  Again, this isn't a bad thing.  It was fun for me to see small changes (chicken alarm clock now a regular one) and small consistencies (bunny-moon print bedspread is the same).

All complaints aside, I loved it and will watch and rewatch it.  
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Now we wait another two weeks.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

The character introductions with the frames reminded me a lot of Utena.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="eri"]
The new anime, first impression, has a problem with tone - it isn't funny at all or warm but airy and stylized, which I guess isn't necessarily a bad thing but not MY thing.  The framed introductions of characters felt so weirdly flat, like it was some kind of dating sim instead of letting the characters fill themselves out through speech and interactions.  And while I don't mind the new look, it felt like Usagi was in a constant state of open mouthed confusion with her agog eyes and weird little gaping mouth.  

Overall, it was practically the manga, panel for panel.  This is largely why watching the show was soo bizarre.  It felt like an elaborate fan art re-drawing compilation instead of a reboot.  Again, this isn't a bad thing.  It was fun for me to see small changes (chicken alarm clock now a regular one) and small consistencies (bunny-moon print bedspread is the same).

All complaints aside, I loved it and will watch and rewatch it.  
[/quote]

I went and looked at the manga a couple of weeks ago for the first time in years and it made me realize that story choices aside, I enjoy the original anime much more than I do the manga.

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Valerie" data-cid="177557" data-time="1404655782">
The character introductions with the frames reminded me a lot of Utena.</blockquote>

Me too! There is a lot of silhouette art for sm merchandise that resembles te black Utena art.

But Utena was supposed to be stark and ultra stylized so it fits. It was weird seeing that in Sailor Moon.
Swtess
Kenshuusei

Post by Swtess »

I still haven't watched the first episode yet but I just saw SailorMoon's new transformation clip and all I can say is 'WTF is that??' That CG is just awful. It looks like I'm watching a blythe doll transform.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I wonder why they went with CG. Can anyone who has watched anything recently of the same genre telle if it's gotten popular to use?
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I remember they went 3D with Kirarin Revolution, effectively ruining the rest of the series. Can't think of any others, though.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

[quote="Anderei"]
I wonder why they went with CG. Can anyone who has watched anything recently of the same genre telle if it's gotten popular to use?
[/quote]

A lot of mecha anime use CG with hand drawn animation over it for all the technology stuff and it doesn't look bad. Not quite the same for living characters though.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I for one hate anime CG. It's so tacky looking. The transformation didn't bother me. It was the OP that bothered me. What exactly was the point of using CG in the opening shot when the rest of it wasn't? 

They obviously wanted to bring more to the transformation, make it more three dimensional. It was a cheap way of doing it. (Getting more bang for your buck.) I'm super worried about the attacks now. And I'm talking about the big ones that tend to show more pomp and flare. 

At lot of anime's that require dancing have CG in them. AKB0048, and Love Live (Example of the anime and CG in one) come to mind.