SAILOR MOON ANIME REBOOT SUMMER 2013 - MOMO IRO CLOVER TO SING THEME SONG

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: SAILOR MOON ANIME REBOOT SUMMER 2013 - MOMO IRO CLOVER TO SING THEME SONG

Post by Shoujo Q »

I'm hoping my usual sources will snag copies of it, just in case I miss it. It would have been nice if Crunchyroll go a hold of them because I have a feeling it would be better overall for international audience if they took it. But I'm hoping this thing with NicoNico is free and I don't need to get their subscription to watch the series if I miss an episode or something. They really haven't said how this is all going to work. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I'm sure there will be a lot of people who record it.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Miss Dream already subbed the program for those who want to download it and watch it.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Star"]
Well I'm going to have to get up at 5 am to watch this, but it shall be worth it.
[/quote]

How are you watching it? Is it on TV here?
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

NicoNico Douga will stream it live across the world
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Madara, NicoNico Douga is like the Japanese youtube. They will livestream it there at 7:00 pm on Saturday night Japanese time, which for me (central time zone) is 5:00 am Saturday morning.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Sailor Moon Crystal is going to run for 26 episodes. So, 2 episodes a month means the series will run an entire year. Prepare yourself. *3*
Source
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Oh dear! I might not be able to watch all of them on time.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Will they be able to be watched after they stream? Just curious.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Thu May 01, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
Will they be able to be watched after they stream? Just curious.
[/quote]
We don't really know. I know that a lot of people will probably record them and put them up later though.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

NicoNico is a fickle thing. If they cause any troubles, I know of a place that will likely carry them. It's where I watch all my other anime. I just hope it's none of that pay for crap service. 
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

I read that Sailor Moon Crystal will be on a subscription service at apprx $5/mo.  I don't know if I want to pay $2.50 an episode for a service that is basically a crappy, youtube-like service.  I might just wait, download a copy, and then buy the dvds later.

What a pain in the ass.  I wish CR would stream it instead. 

/crankypants
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Well if it is then I will be waiting to watch it.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Huh, for some reason I thought it was going to be on Crunchyroll.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Yeah, if it's subscription, count me out, too. I'd rather buy the DVDs and watch them whenever I want.
Swtess
Kenshuusei

Post by Swtess »

I waited eons for this ever since I gots news of it. Bi-weekly though? I might lose interest.

The merchandises that they have been releasing relating to SM looks awesome though. A collector's dream.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Yeah, it's long.

There is ton of merch available everywhere, and I need to save TT.TT
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

So the original series is coming back next Monday.

Also coming to blu-ray uncut and unedited with new subtitles and dubs.
Last edited by al kusanagi on Fri May 16, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

I think I finally need to break down and get a blu-ray player.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Same with me. Though I wonder what it will look like on blu-ray? xD
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

I hear Takeuchi herself is choosing the new dub actors!!

I must admit though...I absolutely love the original English dub. I can only watch the original dub run (not anything in the latter arc of R when they picked up the series again) because it is so wonderfully nostalgic.  Sure it is terrible in many regards but it reminds me of childhood and my first encounter with the show!

I dislike the new character designs but will give it a chance.  It is interesting how much....merchandise they are pumping out right now. Not all of it is good.  And it is odd that 100% of the merchandise is based on the old artwork.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

lol the original dub is so terrible but you're right about it being nostalgic. It's amazing looking back at it and seeing how far dubs have come.

As for the blu-ray, maybe they'll clean up the colors and brighten everything up a bit. I imagine they can only make it so nice looking considering when it came out.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

The link I posted has video of the remastered episodes. The colors look a whole lot more vibrant and the lines look sharper.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I think as far as American dub is concerned. The only one I ever liked was Chibi-usa's last American voice actress. I never liked any of Usagi's. And Luna's was just wrong. 
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

The big news of course is that Sailor Stars, the long-missing 5th season, is finally getting released as well! That's the one we've all been waiting for.

My daughter and her peers (including many of you) will lament the loss of the original English dub, which is what they grew up on.

Swtess
Kenshuusei

Post by Swtess »

The old original voice is all for nostalgia. I loved it when I was younger. When I found the Super S movie and the voice was different, I felt so wrong watching it but so psyched to find a SailorMoon movie.

I love the Stars season. It was my favourite out of them all. I think I would fall into the unpopular crowd of cheering on Usagi/Seiya.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

That wasn't the unpopular crowd. Anime Mamoru was and will forever be the worst character in anime history for me. Way too 1 dimensional compared to the rest of the cast. And the fact he only had like, 2 sets of clothes, ever. I'm praying to the anime gods they give Mamoru a personality ala the Live-Action series, though, I could do without the angsty girlfriend subplot. 
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

A couple months ago me and Berry started re-watching all the original Sailor Moon series, in their complete, fansubbed, unabridged glory. We're some 1/3rd into the R series now, and oh boy, the whole thing is bad beyond words. :lol:

For me Sailor Moon was the first anime I watched intentionally, some time back in 94 or 95 when it aired on the TV. It was partly due to lack of alternatives on the TV (other than some crummy old 70s shows) and it was long before you could download watchable episodes from the Internet, but for a while I considered myself somewhat of a Moonie. All I can say now, it was a severe case of nostalgia goggles. :lol:

Season 1 had no less and no more than one genuinely good moment, the woefully short Naru and Nephrite arc. The rest is fillers, fillers, fillers. The Senshi are as personality-less and two-dimensional as it can get, yet Usagi still manages to be extremely irritating. Jupiter and Venus seem shoehorned into the first season towards the end, it would make absolutely no difference if they weren't there. Watching it now with a somewhat more critical mind I can't comprehend what cosmic fluke led to it not being cancelled after 12 or so episodes.

Second series gave hopes that it would become slightly more fleshed out, but it only lasted for the first 2 or 3 episodes. Hooray, we just spent 5 episodes watching each Senshi level up her attack. And it makes no difference whatsoever, because now we're back to cookie-cutter episodes with some of the dumbest premises and most irritating monsters to date. For some reason I remembered Sailor Moon R as my favourite series from watching it back then, but now I find it impossible to enjoy it even ironically.

Anyway! :lol: I'm still in a way excited for this reboot. I will definitely want to watch it whenever it's available in an accessible form. It's called SM for a reason. :lol: But I actually do like Takeuchi's full-colour illustrations and style and I hope they will be reflected a bit better in the new animation.

Oh and for the record, I do think the original series 1 opening is the best anime opening ever, no kidding and no irony or anything. It's just perfect in every way. =3=

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Swtess
Kenshuusei

Post by Swtess »

^ Well given to the age it was targetting, it's pretty much like the pretty girl version of Power Rangers. 

I adore the series to death but don't think I can really sit there and rewatch it though, except for the Stars season.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Swtess" data-cid="176078" data-time="1400765200">^ Well given to the age it was targetting, it's pretty much like the pretty girl version of Power Rangers.</blockquote>
Fair enough, but then last year we watched Card Captor Sakura end to end and we loved every bit of it to death. :lol:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~