PSY is Back

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: PSY is Back

Post by Anderei »

Nah, Snoop Dogg will feature on ANYTHING. And he's a kpop fan.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Wow, that really sucks.

And yeah, Snoop Dogg will pretty much colab with anyone who asks, lol!
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Psy is back with a new song featuring Snoop Dogg.

Hangover.

The song, kinda annoying. But the video is classic Psy and I love it.
[/quote]

It's shit.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I thought he was Snoop Lion now. :eekrun:  The song itself sucks, but Snoop's raps are good.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

He was, but it's back to Dogg.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Man, I remember when PSY was a legitimate rapper and not purely a comedy guy. I wonder if he'll ever go back to that.  Gangnam Style was a meme more than a legitimate hit, I don't think YG have figured that out yet.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think Psy is given free reign musically.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Technically all male artists currenly signed under YG seem to, however I believe their work still has to be approved by YG himself.  Either way everything he's doing now seems like a desperate cash grab at the success of Gangnam Style and because of that, lacks the organic silliness that made Gangnam a hit in the first place.  I really think it's time to try something other than this style.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I thought Snoop Lion was for his rasta shit only.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

^Snoop honestly does whatever he feels like doing.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Today be the Day of Lists, apparently, and Rick Beato dropped his Top 20 One Hit Wonders of the 2010s. Since I'm posting it here, y'all know who's number 1, lol.

sadude
ANGERME

Post by sadude »

Who's this guy, and why should we care about his opinion? This is the problem with Youtube (and other social media), it gives way too many people a platform who probably shouldn't have one.

PSY's had a lot of great songs, it's just that most people never cared to listen to them.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

His channel is pretty good, and he's just posting his opinion. In this case, he's working from the POV of the global market, and in that context Psy is a one hit wonder. If this was specific to eastern Asia, he obviously wouldn't qualify.
sadude
ANGERME

Post by sadude »

I was thinking about this (and my initial reaction) some more: with Youtube, the definition of one-hit wonder has changed from what it used to be. Previously it was mostly based on Billboard chart success and sales figures, which were proxies to "Is it a good song? Do many people enjoy this song musically? Did they go buy it? Therefore it's a hit.)" Now not only are Youtube views a bigger factor, but the ease of access to Youtube by anyone worldwide plays a different role. As you said it becomes a global market, not just where something was released. It also adds a different dimension of novelty and virality, not just musical qualities and enjoyment.