[2014.03.26] Morning Musume Concert Tour Fall 2013 ~ CHANCE!~

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Re: [2014.03.26] Morning Musume Concert Tour Fall 2013 ~ CHANCE!~

Post by arcobaleno »

Hey, me and my mom had those exact costumes for Halloween of '04, no kidding!
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
I knew this concert was too good to be true.

[/quote]

Ew.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

LOLOLOLOLOL

Actually, once I saw the setlist, and saw how good the tour goods were, I thought "YOU CAN ONLY HAVE TWO OF THESE THINGS"

1. Good Costumes
2. Good setlist
3. Good Tour goods

But looks like I was wrong! :<
1. Good Costumes
2. Good setlist
3. Good Tour goods

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Thea"]
Just asking: Is there anyone here who is intending to go to one of the concert dates in November that may be able to grab me something? A certain 17,000 yen Member set item.

I'm going to ask on H!O as well.

Edit: Scratch that, my funds are no longer available for this.
[/quote]

Re-posting this cause I am actually working on getting the funds, so if there is by chance anyone who suddenly buys a ticket I need you.

Edit: Nevermind! Got everything in place.
Last edited by MejraThea on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Pardon the double post, but I have a question regarding the member solo pack:

It says you get the Member T-shirt, but do you also get the wristband/photos with it, or just the shirt? It says "Tシャツセット" so I assume it means the whole bit, just curious.

I'm just too ecstatic to actually get it  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I assume you get the wristband and photo. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Yup, you get all of this.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Thank you, Aqua!
Estrea
Kenshuusei

Post by Estrea »

So I'm planning on going in November too, who else is going? o_o
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://imgbox.com/hZ1Bs0hK">[img]http:/ ... 1Bs0hK.jpg[/img]</a>
永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Footage from the concert.

1. Those outfits with the gold sparkles on them are TERRIBLE.
2. The choreo for the updated songs is also pretty awful from what little bits I saw.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

Riho's "aisaretai" in the background of that interview was awful. First time I heard her do it, it was really good. What on earth happened?
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

That was Masaki, not Riho. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Anderei"]
Footage from the concert.

1. Those outfits with the gold sparkles on them are TERRIBLE.
2. The choreo for the updated songs is also pretty awful from what little bits I saw.
[/quote]

The TV guy was really getting into it.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pandapanda" data-cid="165885" data-time="1383041741">
The TV guy was really getting into it.</blockquote>For the one song he actually knew :lol:
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

What the hell is wrong with Masaki?

I'm 16.  OH WAIT NO I AM NOT LOLOLOLOLOL
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

In her defense I've also given the wrong age.  Plus she may have been thinking the average age of MM.  It's 16 now, right?
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I've given the wrong age but not like...two years ahead. 
Kaori • Risako 

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Concepts like Space and Time don't apply to Masaki.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Yeah I gave my age wrongly once too :)) Just getting old so I don't even try to remember my age. Masaki is not old though :)) She is just an airhead, like Maimi. Just like Neko said, she may be thinking of other things when someone asked about her age and she replied with an answer that is closest to what she was thinking at that time :) I did the same thing quite often.
Last edited by smtmissin on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

From H!O (donno where they got it from):

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Looks like Top Yell.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Speaking of Masaki. 

Sayumi and Masaki together.It's like... magic.

How can anyone not like these girls? D:

I think this is from the latest DVD Magazine they released. (I Think they have like 3-4 dedicated to the 11 Soul concert now.)
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

We went, we saw, it was awesome. Will write a proper report later because time is precious.

In the meantime, if anyone had a setlist for Utsunomiya (Nov 4th) Day show, or even a fan recording, that'd be great. =3=

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

So jealous <3
Kaori • Risako 

Miss Moonlight
モーニング娘。

Post by Miss Moonlight »

The show was awesome! Not quite the same as if I'd gotten to see them a few years ago, but still. I felt less like a flailing fangirl and more like a proud mother haha.

Sayu has really grown from the worst brat into a real-ass woman. I knew that but seeing her in person it was even more apparent. I'm so impressed.

Masaki also left an impression on me. I had NOT warmed up to her but she definitely made me notice yesterday. She's starting to understand her own charm and utilize it on purpose, and when that ability gets fully developed she could be dangerous :)

It was so nice to dance and yell after sitting quietly in takarazuka shows for the past 3 weeks XD
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Okay, finally a few impressions before the excitement fades away in my memory. For formality's sake, this is for Nov 4th Utsunomiya/Tochigi day show.

Setlist according to 2ch. I'm really bad at remembering those, but this seems about right:

01. WAKUTEKA Take a chance(updated) + Member Introduction VTR
02. ai no gundan
 ※MC1
03. WOLF BOY
04. Moonlight night ~tsukiyo no ban da yo~
05. THE MANPOWER!!! (updated)
06. Makeru Ki Shinai Konya no Shoubu
07. Help me!!(updated)
 ※MC2 (Michishige)
08. I WISH(updated)/9,10,11 Gens
09. aruiteru (updated) ~ Lalala no Pipipi / Michishige
10. Renai Hunter (updated)
 ※MC3
11. Funwari Koibito Ichinensei / Ikuta Sayashi Suzuki Ishida Oda
12. bouya / Michishige Fukumura Ikubo Sato Kudo
13. The Peace! (updated)
14. souda! We're ALIVE(updated) ~ SONGS ~ nanchatte renai ~ Suki da na Kimi ga (Michishige Fukumura) ~ SEXY BOY ~soyokaze ni yorisotte~ ~ Take off is now! (Sayashi Ishida Oda) ~ shouganai yume oibito ~ tokimeku tokimeke (Michishige Fukumura Ikuta Ikubo Ishida) ~ DOKKAAN KAPURICCHIO
15. LOVE Machine (updated)
16. One・Two・Three (updated)
17. Brainstorming
 ※MC4
18. Wagamama kinomama ai no JOKE
 -ENCORE
19. Renai Revolution 21 (updated)
 ※MC5
20.OK YEAH

The venue was a standard 3-tiered approx 2k-seater. Not too big, not too small. The seating plan is here if anyone cared - we were in row 25, the left off-centre sector (not the left-most one hugging the wall, which from the looks of it sucked).

Arriving about 15 minutes prior to doors open time seemed just about right to get yourself oriented and lined up. It only took a few minutes to get inside. Don't forget to take your poster and leaflets from the staff person just past the ticket gate.

We left most of our belongings in the hotel, including the cameras, so don't have any photos from the concert. Of course photos are prohibited inside, so we didn't want to be bothered carrying stuff and searching for coin lockers just for the few photos of the crowds outside. Good idea, because the few coin lockers inside the venue filled up quickly.

We decided to sit down a while in the lobby (we were after a few hours drive that day), use the restrooms, and then go check out the goods store. Bad idea - by the time we were ready, the line to the goods store in the basement was winding up the staircase all the way to the 3rd floor. So, if you want any exclusive goods or just to avoid waiting, head to the goods store right away. But also know what you want to buy because delays are frowned upon. There were 5 or 6 people serving the store so the line didn't take too long to clear considering its length, but it still took close to 30 minutes. We loaded up and paid with a card - they don't seem to go out of their way to advertise it, but they have portable card terminals tucked in under the counters in case you were short on cash. No problems with my foreign Visa card, though I did advise my bank in advance that I would be travelling.

A small advice which you may or may not agree with - do get the glowstick ('pen light')! It's a ripoff at $30 (but let's be honest, so is all concert merch anywhere), but it's so much fun! I can't imagine how empty it would feel to cheer without it. And it's universal - you cycle through all members' colours by pressing the on button (I still don't know how to tell the 5 shades of pink/red and 3 shades of green/yellow apart, but that's an aside).

Another perhaps obvious shopping protip (also applies to Hellopro Store in some situations): when requesting member-specific goods, use their last name and throw in the '-san' for good manners. Otherwise the staff will be hella confused if you use the first name only, and/or taken aback by the rudeness if you skip the honorific. Just sayin'.

As we left the store some 10 minutes before the official show start the music has already started. I assume it was some Kenshuusei performing - they were just wrapping up as we entered the audience.

The concert proper started on time. Now, if you've never been to an MM (or, I assume, any other idol) concert in Japan, you may be confused. There's as much 'dance routine' going on on the stage as there is in the audience. You don't just flail your arms gripping your precious new pen light around like an epileptic, you do it in sync - and not even with the song rhythm, but with the actual dance. So, if like me you have no time to study the MVs, concerts and performances and memorize the dance routines, then you're sort of screwed.

Personally, I was not too impressed with that. I like to rock out at my own pace. But the peer pressure got the better of me, I didn't want to make a spectacle of myself, especially being the only obvious gaijin in the audience, so I kept my cheering rather low profile. My attention kept being divided between staring at the big screen under the roof, squinting my eyes trying to see the girls on the stage (cos hell, if I made it all the way to Japan then I want to see them in real; I can watch them on a screen at home any time I want), and staring at the audience trying not to fall out of the rhythm at times when I did wave my glowstick high.

But it wasn't so bad really. About half-way through the concert I got a pretty good hang of it. And if you're less rhythmically-challenged person than me (and have time to watch stuff) then you'll probably have a better experience.

No complaints about the setlist. Actually I loved it all, save for 2 or 3 songs I care less about. I think our medley and variable tracks were much better than the ones used for the evening show (A B C D E-cha E-cha instead of Renai Hunter; medley: souda ~ kimi sae ~ aisare sugiru ~ shoujo A ~ chikyuu ga naiteiru ~ aisaretainoni ~ 321 breaking out ~ bravo) - although they did feel painfully Kamei-less.

Much was said about the Updated versions. I generally dissed and dismissed the Best Updated album, and in this case the answer to the long-standing question 'Is Tsunku mad or genius' was definitely 'mad'. But you know what? He is a fucking genius. The updated tracks sound fantastic live and work the audience up something good. The new Gens don't get dragged down performing the old and dusty songs - they take ownership of them and rock them out! Even if their Manpower wails are admittedly much weaker than the original, this and the other songs have been given a new life. I probably still wouldn't buy the album at full price for listening to it on its own (except for the trippy WOLF BOY), but as for its usefulness in connecting with the past while giving the Today's MM a voice of its own, I'm a total convert.

As for the audience, if you expected it to be 100% wotas, then you're very wrong. At least 4 in 10 people were female. And I've seen a good few families with little kids too. A very positive and reassuring surprise. I'm not sure if it's like this for most shows, or only day shows, or only those where tickets were distributed in a lottery system like ours. Hardcore wotas were mostly congregated in the front rows, probably after getting their tickets from scalpers. Personally I consider anything further from the stage than row 5 to be the no-fun zone, however the cheering was consistent throughout the whole audience, even towards the nearly rear end of our floor where we were. Also there seemed to be many new fans not completely versed in the glowstick-dance routines, so reassuringly I was not the only confused one. However, as I said earlier, I seemed to be the only obvious gaijin (read: White) in the house.

The concert definitely didn't feel like the 2 hours it actually lasted and we wanted to wait for more. But after the encore and the last good-byes from the girls it was time to clear out. Again, we didn't have time to hang around and possibly befriend some wotas which I regret, but then I'm not sure if people were even hanging around. Most people gathered in front of the venue seemed to be waiting for the evening show. Some were desperate enough to be carrying banners that they didn't have tickets and would buy from anyone.

All in all, an unforgettable experience worth every effort it took to see it.

</blag>

I'm sure I forgot about something I really wanted to add to this post, so I may do so later. If you have any questions, ask.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="166287" data-time="1383661077">In the meantime, if anyone had a setlist for Utsunomiya (Nov 4th) Day show, or even a fan recording, that'd be great. =3=</blockquote>
I still need that audio recording for our show. :dammit: Where the hell do people get them, the few uploaders I know turned up nothing. :eekrun:

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="166796" data-time="1384564582"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="166287" data-time="1383661077">In the meantime, if anyone had a setlist for Utsunomiya (Nov 4th) Day show, or even a fan recording, that'd be great. =3=</blockquote>
I still need that audio recording for our show. :dammit: Where the hell do people get them, the few uploaders I know turned up nothing. :eekrun:</blockquote>
Tour fan recordings from Sep 9th (Zama, Kanagawa) until Nov 17th (Nakano, Tokyo)

Link from lovemusic@h!o. You fail me, BBS. :mellow:

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I failed nobody.

[quote="Anderei"]
Recording of the second day.

I won't post any more of these unless the setlist changes again, but I don't think it will.
[/quote]

Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

:rofl: