Kago Ai forming a girl group?

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Re: Kago Ai forming a girl group?

Post by yuzuriha »

I really hope this works out because lord knows Kago needs something positive to come out of this. <3
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

[quote="yuzu"]
I really hope this works out because lord knows Kago needs something positive to come out of this. <3
[/quote]

I second this for sure. I still love Aibon and she deserves a chance to really move on from her scandals, in the public eye at least because I'm sure she personally is over them, and get back to her career. This looks like a cute little group too. Hopefully they'll manage some success.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Samples of both songs that were put up on the site. I guess the final versions could turn out a bit different but I don't think they will:

Sekaisefuku

Make Up the Happiness!!
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="yuzu"]
[/quote]

Me too !
I've never stopped liking her.
Swtess
Kenshuusei

Post by Swtess »

Are these just voice samples? It sounds anime-ish to me.

I wish that she and Tsuji can just reform W. I was so pumped when I heard their second album was going to be released back then.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

They do sound rather childish, but honestly that's what I was expecting. Tsuji would be nice, but W will most likely never happen again.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Swtess"]

I wish that she and Tsuji can just reform W. I was so pumped when I heard their second album was going to be released back then.
[/quote]

I've never followed Tsuji a lot, but I don't have the impression that she's interested in getting a singing group together.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Swtess"]

[/quote]

These are demos by the composers that were submitted to the contest to pick songs for the new group.

W released two albums. It was their third that got axed after Kago's scandals.
Swtess
Kenshuusei

Post by Swtess »

Jpope thanks for clarifying. I just remember it was during the time I finally got a part time job and can finally purchase things online. lol

Well I can't wait to hear the official single then. Didn't her tell all confession said that she was sick of the happy/ childish upbeat music and persona she had to do?
Last edited by Swtess on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Remi looks like a hybrid between young Aibon and RInapuu. This songs is cute, sounds the OP to an anime!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I love the song. It's very reminiscent of early Perfume -- the end of the verses borrow liberally from "Sweet Donuts" -- but it's really damn catchy. That intro is ridic, though.
Last edited by JPope on Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

It feels pretty damn great to hear Kago's voice again.  I just love the song, can't wait for the full thing.

Made by Haru!
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

...Kago is a tap dancer now?
Kaori • Risako 

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Here is the other song on their single.Make up the Happiness!! I prefer it over the other. It's more rockish, pump you up in a concert type music.

There's another song up, but I can't read the name. It's in the same vain as the one above. Link
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Holy shit, that is a completely different song from the "Make Up The Happiness" that appeared on the contest website.

http://creofuga.net/songs/29944

This was one of my favorite songs in the contest, lol. I was really excited to hear this song, and I got something else entirely. Not that I don't like this -- I think it's quite good -- but it's like they took the song title and wrote a completely new song for it. Weird.

And after a few more listens to the A side, I was being charitable when I said that it "borrow(s) liberally from 'Sweet Donuts,'" because the eight bars leading into the chorus is essentially the first eight of "Sweet Donuts" chorus note for note. It's just blatant theft. :rofl:
Last edited by JPope on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Another song has shown up on their YouTube channel. Not sure of the name.
http://youtu.be/9_UOk7tPLm8
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Here's the full live. Enjoy !
Campy <3 !
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Thank you! I was so sad I missed it!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Alright, I wrote a four paragraph rant about this show, but I'm just gonna boil it down to this: that was pathetic. Get rid of everything that isn't singing and dancing, and actually WORK on singing and dancing. Nobody gives a fuck about your shitty tap dancing, wack-as-fuck beat boxing, or baton twirling. Just stop. This isn't a middle school talent show. So much cringe. I honestly wonder if their management includes anyone who has ever produced a live concert, or if Kago herself has more knowledge of how to put a solid show together than the people running her career. She might want to tap into her inner Nakazawa and whip some asses into shape, because I'd be embarrassed to be a part of that fucking dumpster fire of a show.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="178101" data-time="1406620058">Alright, I wrote a four paragraph rant about this show, but I'm just gonna boil it down to this: that was pathetic. Get rid of everything that isn't singing and dancing, and actually WORK on singing and dancing. Nobody gives a fuck about your shitty tap dancing, wack-as-fuck beat boxing, or baton twirling. Just stop. This isn't a middle school talent show. So much cringe. I honestly wonder if their management includes anyone who has ever produced a live concert, or if Kago herself has more knowledge of how to put a solid show together than the people running her career. She might want to tap into her inner Nakazawa and whip some asses into shape, because I'd be embarrassed to be a part of that fucking dumpster fire of a show.</blockquote>
This so much. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. Do they even have any management? Because I've seen street musicians with much less amateurish performances. "Middle school talent show" sums it up perfectly and perhaps one could think it's adorable that way, but as Kago's grand comeback and whatnot it just does not compute.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I'm an amateur rock musician with bar-circuit performance experience, and I am completely honest when I say that I'm confident that given two months I could have put together a better prepared, tighter and more focused idol show than this. I'm confident that half of the membership of this BBS could do the same based on nothing more than their experience watching other idol concerts. What makes it even more disappointing is that the single is decent, which means someone with a clue was involved at some point, but piss-poor performances like this will kill this group before it ever has a chance to get rolling.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Yeah. I watched this not long after it was posted here but watch is a stretch. I mostly just put it on in the background and did other things. I'm not very good when it comes to watching concerts. They really need to be entertaining for me to watch them. (Dancing mostly.)

Kago, she's my girl. My #1. I'd watch her sing a phone book if she felt like it. So for me to start fast forwarding through the concert. It was bad. I don't know names yet so I'll just call them Baton girl and Beat Box Girl. BG/BBG for short.

Concert was mostly Kago and BG girl. Though at times they did let BBG sing, it wasn't enough and she didn't have a horrible voice. The beat boxing was annoying and I really hated it. 

Songs were all okay, rather generic. Kago is a great singer, but she needs to know her limits. She can't sing everything and it was during Sousei no Aquarion that she reached them. 

As far as the concert was concerned. This was their first one and it was bad, but it wasn't horrible either. It's obvious that the management team is new with all this. The camera work sucked, the lighting was questionable and they obviously haven't worked out how to synchronize their movements while dancing. That's where I give them some leeway because it's not like Kago joined Avex or anything. Most small no name companies run like this. Sometimes even worse as far as Japanese idol groups go. Heck, it felt like I was watching an episode of Wake Up Girls come to life. (That's an anime about a start up idol company, it's rather good if you've never seen it.)
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Wow, I am glad I read this thread before even bothering....although I am still curious to see Kago tap dance.
Kaori • Risako 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

You should watch it for no other reason than to understand why the group is abandoned after one single, despite the single being decent and the group including a former member of Morning Musume.
Kimmy
Kenshuusei

Post by Kimmy »

Is the live link showing up as private to anyone else?
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

[quote="Kimmy"]
Is the live link showing up as private to anyone else?
[/quote]

It is to me :(
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Yep, they probably feared getting a strike.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="JPope"]
You should watch it for no other reason than to understand why the group is abandoned after one single, despite the single being decent and the group including a former member of Morning Musume.
[/quote]

Has the group already been dissolved or put on hiatus ??
Last edited by Ap2000 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="178130" data-time="1406746581">
<div>
[/quote]

Has the group already been dissolved or put on hiatus ??

</div>
</blockquote>

No, no. I was just being snarky. Sorry!