S/mileage 15th Single - ee ka!? /「ii yatsu 」

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

bxstos
Kenshuusei

Re: S/mileage 15th Single - ee ka!? /「ii yatsu 」

Post by bxstos »

They've been at #8, #8, and #6 for the past three days. According to JPLOP, Oricon staff reported first day sales (7563) and second day sales added up to 18,778, so I'm hoping that they've at least hit 20k by now, and I'm hoping for maybe 23k for the week.

It's a shame that they didn't promote this single as much as they should have, since although Eeka and Ii Yatsu aren't the most memorable songs, they're both pretty solid songs.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Oricon is reporting that they ranked 3 with 33k copies sold. This makes it their highest ever ranking on the chart.

Some footage from the Christmas-themed event they had. You can probably already tell, but the dude interviewing them is the guy Takahashi is marrying.

And some footage from maidigitv.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
bxstos
Kenshuusei

Post by bxstos »

My sales prediction was completely wrong lol. Nonetheless, congrats to them on the great improvement on sales. Depending how the second week (and following weeks) goes, I feel it has a really high chance of becoming their highest selling single yet.

I really wonder what the sales figure would have been if they did as much promo as the whole Yattaruchan campaign.

Oricon clip of the event

smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I think as MM is getting more popular, other groups associated with H!P also gain the benefit of it. Berryz, C-ute, Smileage are all doing "much" better. I have to say Juice=Juice debuted at a really advantageous time.
Last edited by smtmissin on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Now that Oricon is back, their second week was reported with 2,306 copies. If it can sell 888 more copies, it'll beat out Miniskirt Postwoman and become their highest selling single.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Ugh! Thanks to everyone who agrees that the back of the skirts to Eeka are a mess! When I commented that on S/mileage's youtube video people were giving me shit about it, hahaha! Honestly, it just looked like they were trying to mimic an upskirt      :dammit:

I had loved the song from the moment it came out. I still love hearing hearing Meimei sing her deep line! I like the lyrics in Ii Yatsu... They seem a bit different from what you usually hear. Minus the OL part... What, they can't hold any other type of jobs, Tsunku?! XD
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

S/mileage managed to pull in a fifth week.

Week Sales: 628
Total: 36,905

This beats out Please Miniskirt Postwoman by a few hundred copies, making this their highest selling single.

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Go S/mileage! Ee ka!? definitely deserves to be their best-selling single so far.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

That's great. They should hold an event to celebrate it or something.