The BABYMETAL Thread \m/

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: The BABYMETAL Thread \m/

Post by kitaoji »

aine, the first megabus of the day leaves SF-Caltrain at 6am, and of course, you guys are welcome to crash at my place between trips.
Last edited by kitaoji on Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sadude
ANGERME

Post by sadude »

Ooops, missed this! :doh:
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kitaoji" data-cid="194819" data-time="1454206868">aine, the first megabus of the day leaves SF-Caltrain at 6am, and of course, you guys are welcome to crash at my place between trips.</blockquote>Thanks! Might take you up on that offer, though mind you that Berry won't be coming. I was hoping to perhaps fly from OAK to cut the trip time down in half and be there early enough to enjoy some quality queue time, but couldn't find any cheap enough tickets when I checked quickly. I need to sit down and research this more properly soon.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="sadude" data-cid="194948" data-time="1454750355">Ooops, missed this! :doh:</blockquote>Let me know if you manage to score a ticket somewhere!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Babymetal confirmed that they will be on Late Night with Steven Colbert at some point in the future. Not sure about the exact date though. Probably when they are in NYC. XD

http://babymetal.net/babymetal-confirmed-for-late-night-with-stephen-colbert/

Hopefully they'll do better than when Girls Generation were on with David Letterman.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Oh my gosh someone please post here when a date is announced, I HAVE to see that!
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Tracklist and covers! :D/

Also KARATE will be released as the first single (digital only? free?) on February 26th.

Japanese edition:

01. Road of Resistance
02. KARATE
03. あわだまフィーバー
04. ヤバッ!
05. Amore - 蒼星 -
06. META!メタ太郎
07.シンコペーション
08. GJ!
09. Sis. Anger
10. NO RAIN, NO RAINBOW
11. Tales of The Destinies
12. THE ONE

Overseas edition:
01. Road of Resistance
02. KARATE
03. Awadama Fever
04. YAVA!
05. Amore
06. Meta Taro
07. From Dusk Till Dawn
08. GJ!
09. Sis. Anger
10. No Rain, No Rainbow
11. Tales of The Destinies
12. THE ONE -English ver.-

Japanese LE:
Cbk2qgdVAAIK9wG.jpg orig.jpg
Japanese THE ONE Edition:
2067192_201602190647404001455883743c.jpg
Overseas:
Baby_Metal_Resistance_Artwork_4000px-1.jpg
(I'm not 100% sure about the covers, some sources are conflicting on which one is which.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

It's nice to see the tracklists, although its kind of upsetting seeing the Japanese and overseas version having different versions of THE ONE. I would've liked to listen to both.
Formerly Mizura
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Mizura"]
It's nice to see the tracklists, although its kind of upsetting seeing the Japanese and overseas version having different versions of THE ONE. I would've liked to listen to both.
[/quote]

Pretty sure you'll have that opportunity. ;-)
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

The new single KARATE will premiere on BBC Radio 1 on February 25th, some time between 7 and 8 PM UK time!

If I counted right that's between 11 and 12 AM of whatever you call the timezone that California is in. :lol: Or starting in a little over 8 hours from this post.

You will supposedly be able stream it here, but I didn't test it yet: http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio1_mf_p

And the show should be available for replay after it ends here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b070wfhr

I'm getting giddy, KARATE was my favourite new song from the few concert bootlegs we got to hear, I can't wait to hear the whole thing in studio version now.
Last edited by aine on Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

KARATE studio version

The Internet 1:0 BBC Radio

Sorry, BBC! The link won't last long probably though.

That opening riff totally channels some Pantera in it. :lol:

ALSO, for those who missed it, AXS has a few more tickets for the SF show!

EDIT: Oh AND a KARATE MV / album trailer with a glimpse of new costumes!

EDIT 2: The BBC Radio 1 Annie Mac show is on right now and it's making my ears bleed so far!
Last edited by aine on Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Any fans of Neon Genesis Evangelion, I found this in my travels: Su-metal singing Tamashii no Refrain.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

It's here.Karate Official MV I haven't finished watching it yet, but it seems good so far.
Formerly Mizura
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I'm only kind of meh on the song, but sumetal destroys as usual. <3<3<3
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I like the song on its own, but as a lead single it's kinda weak.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

The PV is lame and yes, that's exactly what I was saying to aine, it's weak for a lead single. :cryalot: Is there any possibility this isn't a lead single anymore?
I think Road of Resistance would have been better, even if not exactly their song and not great for radio play or short performances. :hahaha:
I still hope they will be successful overseas. :sad:
Last edited by strawberryjam on Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

There is a school of thought that an already established, successful artist should release the truly killer single second as a way to build buzz and solidify fan support. Fans will just be happy with BMs return, so don't waste the great song on that moment when a really good song will suffice. "Karate" measures up just fine in this respect. I bet they're saving the bomb for the next single.

The effects in the video were all well done, minus the hackneyed break-the-screen thing.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

The album hit the shelves a few days early and inevitably found its way to the internets. My copies are somewhere in the mail but with the impending Wembley gig I couldn't have passed on it.

Here's my biased review of each track after half a day of having it on loop:

1. Road of Resistance - we've heard it first over a year ago and it's still literally perfect. And the awesome live music video has caused many jaws to drop. 10/10

2. KARATE - I like the song a lot, the chorus is extremely hummable, only the long-awaited first MV in such a long time has been a huge disappointment for me. Still a solid 7/10.

3. Awadama Fever - for some reason I never got around to properly listening the already released live version, but the studio version is an amazing ride that I never want to end. It has all the ingredients of fun that Babymetal has patented back in 2010, just louder, noisier, crazier, and catchier. 9/10

4. YAVA! - aka "Chigau" as the early concert bootlegs were dubbed. It's both similar and different from the previous track, less loaded with randomness and more traditional in structure and sound as a song, and definitely one of the highlights. 9.5/10

5. Amore - Suzuka's new showcase solo song, which after a slow-ish intro explodes with a load of power metal right in your face. That said, with all the impressive vocals and instrumentation it's pretty generic and dare I say not very memorable, at least for casual listening. 6/10

6. Meta Taro - I'm not sure what to make of this. It has this pompous royal ball and/or viking and/or folk vibe to it, and I just can't get the image of some kind of perverse Hamtaro re-enactment of "Triumph des Willens" out of my mind when I hear it. :confused:. It's both fun and skippable, but in the long run I think I'm leaning towards the latter. And do the lyrics really literally spell out the chord progression of the song? 5/10

7a. From Dusk Till Dawn - Western edition exclusive track, something ambient-ish and nu-metal-ish, I guess if you like Evanescence you may like this too? It's nice and atmospheric and after a while you realize it's also the most un-Babymetal song on the album. 6.5/10

7b. SYNCOPATION - Japanese edition exclusive track. Shame about the exclusiveness because it's a great catchy rock/metal song that could have easily gotten plenty or mainstream radio airtime over here. 7/10

8. GJ! - "gj" is in fact a common typo for "djent djent <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txlB4wuJKYM" title="External link">djent</a> and more <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgRLLqYQh1Q" title="External link">djent</a>". It's ok. 5.5/10

9. Sis. Anger - not Metallica reference or tribute as suspected earlier, it's an absolutely shameless ass kicking face melting death fucking metal. With little girls on vocals. It's like a huge "FUCK YOU" thrown with a sardonic laughter in the face of the "Babymetal is not metal" crowd. Absolutely wonderful. If they play it any any of the gigs bodily destruction will ensue. 9/10

10. No Rain, No Rainbow - a white crow of a song, sung once a couple of years ago during Su's birthday concert, now finally released in full studio recording glory. I don't know just how many proofs do we need that Suzuka is an amazing singer, but here's another. As a song on it's own, I guess 7/10.

11. Tales of The Destinies - I'll assume this is an attempt at progressive/experimental metal. Now I don't listen to much progressive of this kind so I don't know how it compares within the genre, but to me it sounds like someone flipping between 10 or so channels on the radio every few seconds. What's frustrating is that some of those fragments sound like some pretty damn good songs that I wouldn't mind hearing in full. 3/10

12. THE ONE (English Version) (link is to Japanese version official MV) - I heard the Japanese version only two days ago and wasn't really blown away. It's an obvious arena anthem kinda show finisher, but it's nowhere near the epicness of Road of Resistance which made it feel kinda redundant. And the MV didn't impress me much either because after the initial wow factor of "hey they're riding in a pyramid thing above the audience" came the inevitable "hey they're riding in a pyramid thing above the audience for another 6 damn minutes". But now that I've heard the English version and Suzuka's both damn impressive and damn adorable delivery of it this is the closest I've been to having a crush on a singer in forever. :ph34r: It's worth getting the Western version just for that. 8/10

Wembley, here I come. \m/
Last edited by aine on Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

I really like The One. I wish they could somehow perform it on Colbert next week even if it's super long. 
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I've sort of got my digital of the album now. My library system has this service that allows you to download selected music for free, but you only get five downloads a week. I currently have No Rain, No Rainbow and THE ONE. And I've listened to the previews for the other songs, and I'm not really that impressed either. I think their first album was a lot better. I do like the Japanese version of THE ONE a lot.
Formerly Mizura
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>I've only just listened to this for the first time, and my initial reaction is, WTF is "From Dusk Till Dawn" even doing on this album? It's such a throw-away track, and "Syncopation" is so fucking good. aine is right that this has "western radio airtime" written all ALL fucking over it. I just don't get it.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I definitely like "Tales of The Destinies" more than aine does, as I've been listening to some old 70s prog-rock recently, and this is well done. </div>
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Lining up for a Babymetal concert at 9 am and hanging out with other fans is seriously the best day out ever. Doing it the 3rd time now and would do again. =3=

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Anybody know why From Dusk Till Dawn isn't available on Spotify? :(
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

Seems like it's only available if you buy the full album. It won't be available if you just buy the tracks individually.
rabbit reverie
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

Wembley looks pretty full.
I feel like a mom right now, feeling proud a Jpop act has finally made it. (?)

CfD7zXxWsAAPkLi.jpg

CfD7bvfUUAAQlSh.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by strawberryjam on Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbit reverie
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Just got back from Wembley. I'll make a longer write-up later, but in short, they out-fucking-did themselves in every way. At least as far as the shows in the West go. It wasn't a concert, it was a total performance.

Setlist:

1 - BABYMETAL DEATH
2 - Awadama Fever
3 - Iine!
4 - YAVA!
5 - Akatsuki
6 - GJ!
7 - CMIYC (w/ extended Kami-band intro)
8 - Doki Doki Morning
9 - Meta Taro
10 - 4 no Uta
11 - Amore
12 - Megitsune
13 - KARATE
14 - I,D,Z
15 - Gimme Chocolate
16 - THE ONE (English ver.) (with video intro)
17 - Road of Resistance

If I want to mention one thing now, is that the moment when they live-streamed the audience from the live-streaming event in Japan on the screens and we all sang the chorus of THE ONE as one was absolutely mind-blowing. If this doesn't go down in the history of rock'n'roll then I don't know anything anymore.

I had an amazing spot at the barrier near the top of the runaway stage that was almost at an arm's reach but still gave me a clear view of the main stage. It was really such a treat and extremely comfy being there. And you know when on more than one occasion you spend a good few seconds exchanging stares, grins and silly faces with your waifu then you know it has to be love. :wub:
bm1.jpg
bm2.jpg
More later!
Last edited by aine on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Daily sales:

03/29, #2 rank, 36040 copies
03/30, #2 rank, 10847 copies
03/31, #2 rank, 27396 copies
04/01, #1 rank, 35382 copies
04/02, #2 rank, 6465 copies
04/03, #3 rank, 6627 copies

Total 122757 to date. Pretty fucking amazing numbers for an album from a still not exactly a mainstream act. I can't copmare with other artists, but they have at least Weekly #2 in the bag.

I'm not sure why it started charting on March 29th when the official release date was April 1st, but that would explain the huge drop in numbers on April 2nd too.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Holy hell, who are they up against that 36K and 27K+ only gets them 2nd place?
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="196329" data-time="1459792400">Holy hell, who are they up against that 36K and 27K+ only gets them 2nd place?</blockquote>"三代目 J Soul Brothers from EXILE TRIBE", whatever the fuck that is. It sold 270629 on Day 1 alone. :wut:

Today's (4/3) Top 3 is J Soul Brothers (24433), Ikimonogatari (7906), and Babymetal (6627).

EDIT: Also they charted 7th on the Weekly UK Charts. It's an all-genres chart so it's pretty damn impressive. They're the lowest New release in the Top 10, but ahead of New releases by Zayn (#12), Mogwai (#14), and Weezer (#16). I only know Weezer out of those three but I'm still amused Babymetal beat them.
Last edited by aine on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Zayn is an ex-One Direction member, and he's gotten some decent radio airtime (in the U.S. anyway), so I'm impressed they beat him too. :D
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Today's (4/4) sales:

#1: J Soul Brothers (10,782)
#2: Babymetal (3,072)
#3: Ikimonogatari (1,709)

Updated total for Babymetal: 125,829. Still waiting for official Oricon weekly.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="196333" data-time="1459798487">Zayn is an ex-One Direction member, and he's gotten some decent radio airtime (in the U.S. anyway), so I'm impressed they beat him too. :D</blockquote>I had to double-check, but yes, that's the band that played on 3 subsequent nights in a concert hall right near where I lived, making commuting to and from the city almost as miserable as during Obama's and the Queen's visit due to all the rabid fangirls around. :lol: So pox on them.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん