The BABYMETAL Thread \m/

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

Gerald
ANGERME

Re: The BABYMETAL Thread \m/

Post by Gerald »

Yes, I am still alive, just been doing stuff, whatevs :thumbsup:

Just  thought I'd leave these here if they haven't been posted anywhere else. The originals are on the new concert Blu-ray/DVD<i> Live: Legend 1999 & 1997 Apocalypse</i> which I have to confess I was a little disappointed in, too much red lighting and bloody animations but still worth the price.
Last edited by Gerald on Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Turtle Moves" data-cid="182500" data-time="1418684710">Yes, I am still alive, just been doing stuff, whatevs :thumbsup:</blockquote>
If you spent all that time converting to the Church of Fox God then your prolonged absence is forgiven. :crazy:

I keep meaning to make a big update to the OP and write a big update post but can never find time, so it looks like I abandoned the thread. But it ain't so! My love for Babymetal only gets stronger with time.

And yeah, the two Hello! Project song covers got released on the recent concert BD/DVD and they are pretty awesome. Here are the actual videos from the concert:

BABYMETAL - Love Machine
BABYMETAL - Chokotto Love

I posted a few more here just to spread the love in the H!P section.

And then there's the Babymetal Death from Legend 1997 which at 2:20 turns into the most amazing thing you will see ever. It's the last song in that concert so if you plan on watching the whole thing then I recommend not watching this as it would spoil the fun. But if you don't and are just looking to get your mind blown then go ahead, make your day with it.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Guess who turned 17 today (the 20th)~ =3= :party:
B5O54DtCAAApPr51.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Happy Birthday SU-METAL!
Formerly Mizura
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

New song from Su's birthday concert

Together with 3-nin version of Onedari Daisakusen for good measure.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Last edited by aine on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Pretty sweet subbed NHK special following BM on tour in London:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k4nd5mNNZO1RJ69KqO0
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>BABYMETAL - Road of Resistance - Trailer</div>
<div> </div>
<div>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi-XFUZ5EL4</div>
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

"Road Of Resistance" on SoundCloud:

https://soundcloud.com/jzharris9/babymetal-road-of-resistance

It's pretty awesome.
Last edited by JPope on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gerald
ANGERME

Post by Gerald »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Turtle Moves" data-cid="182500" data-time="1418684710">
Yes, I am still alive, just been doing stuff, whatevs :thumbsup:
</blockquote>

If you spent all that time converting to the Church of Fox God then your prolonged absence is forgiven. :crazy:

[/quote]

Back again, just been setting up a new PC. Me and my baseball bat would like a word with the people behind Windows 8 :dammit: .

Also some little scamps broke into my garage and had it away with £12,700 ($19,300) of my tools from when I restored historic racing cars, bless their little hearts.

I have been at the Church of Fox but in my father's house there are many mansions so I have been spending a lot of time at the Church of the Barnacle, "All praise the great Barnacle".

Sits back and waits to see who is the first to spot the allusion.

Last edited by Gerald on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerald
ANGERME

Post by Gerald »

No one?  I am disppointed.

"Barnacle, barnacle, this is a song about a barnacle"

Ah Shonen Knife.... Japan's finest contribution to music. Funny, quirky, idiosyncratic and just amazing fun.
Last edited by Gerald on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I saw Shonen Knife at St Andrews Hall in Detroit round about 1995 or so. Fun show. 
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

World Tour 2015 announced!

Nice promo image too.

I'm waiting for Europe solo shows announcement myself. The news title says "Part 1", so I'm putting my bets on mid-June.

【Date】 May-09, 2015 (Sat)
【Venue】 Circo Volador
【City, Country】 Mexico City, Mexico

【Date】 May-12, 2015 (Tue)
【Venue】 Danforth Music Hall
【City, Country】 Toronto, Canada

【Date】 May-14, 2015 (Thu)
【Venue】 House of Blues
【City, Country】 Chicago, USA

【Date】 May-16, 2015 (Sat)
【Festival】 Rock on the Range Festival
【Venue】 Crew Stadium
【City, Country】 Columbus, USA

【Date】May 29 – 31, 2015(※Performance date TBA)
【Festival】 DER RING – Grüne Hölle Rock
【Venue】 Nürburgring
【City, Country】 Nürburg, Germany

【Date】May 29 – 31, 2015(※Performance date TBA)
【Festival】 ROCKAVARIA
【Venue】 Olympiapark München
【City, Country】 Munich, Germany

【Date】June 04 – 06, 2015(※Performance date TBA)
【Festival】 ROCK IN VIENNA
【Venue】 Donauinsel Wien
【City, Country】 Vienna, Austria

【Date】June 21, 2015
【Venue】 MAKUHARI MESSE
【City, Country】 Chiba, Japan
Last edited by aine on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Chicago!!!!! I might actually be able to go!

<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

No place is close for me. I'll wait and hope for more tour dates.
Formerly Mizura
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

More concert dates!

I'm killing myself right now debating whether to go there, or to wait and see if they announce London. And I really wish I had no life and no important matters in progress so I could go to all three solo shows...

【Date】 June-01, 2015 (mon)
【Venue】 La Laiterie
【City, Country】 Strasbourg, France

【Date】 June-03, 2015 (wed)
【Venue】 X-TRA
【City, Country】 Zurich, Switzerland

【Date】 June-05, 2015 (fri)
【Venue】 Estragon Club
【City, Country】 Bologna, Italy

More news:

World Tour 2014 DVD/BD announced! Includes BOTH London concerts. :danceman:

The first album to be released as a vinyl record! Supposedly it will be a remaster rather than the same material as on the CD.

Takayoshi Ohmura from KAMIBAND teaching how to play Road of Resistance. Pretty cool if you like the song, and probably even cooler if you play guitar yourself.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Hotaru
つばきファクトリー

Post by Hotaru »

Last year my boyfriend went to New York to see Baby Metal (whereas I went to to see Morning Musume the previous month). I probably will be joining him this year to see Baby Metal ion Chicago, as its much closer to where I live!
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I probably wont be able to go to the Chicago show unless I somehow magically get money and tickets.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Nothing about BABYMETAL signing an international contract with Sony? They're going to be releasing their first album in the US with two bonus tracks.
Last edited by al kusanagi on Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

I was just getting to it. 8o

The US release will be under RAL (a Sony sub-label). Can't find much info on them. The EU release is with Ear Music who have a few pretty cool artists under their belt.

The bonus tracks are Road of Resistance and Gimme Choco, the latter from the 2014 live in Brixton.

The European edition will also get a bonus DVD with all the music videos to date (it already has a pre-order placeholder on German Amazon). Too bad it's not Blu-Ray. US edition is CD-only as far as I can see.

In other news:

BABYMETAL record a personal confession of love for Ap

The Limited Edition of World Tour 2014 Apocalypse finally went on sale and it's fucking amazing! Includes 2 Blu-Rays, one with both London concerts, and another with the rest of the World Tour. That's a total of 8 concerts (however it's not confirmed if the second disc will have full performances or only digests). On top of that, 4 CDs covering both London concerts, a photobook, and some minor fluff. All yours for a mere $200 (not including fan-club membership fee). I'll post photos when I get mine in July. :ph34r:

BABYMETAL will be featured on this Sunday's (April 12th) J-MELO.

Also Moa and Yui graduated from Sakura Gakuin at the end of March. It's been a rather quiet few months for Babymetal, but things should pick up the pace now.
Last edited by aine on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="aine"]

In other news:

BABYMETAL record a personal confession of love for Ap

[/quote]

No excuses, Ap, you lucky bastard. We want a full report!
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

CCz7AmWWEAAEbJy.png_large.png

Babymetal confirmed to perform at the Reading and Leeds Festival in the UK, August 29-30.

If last year is any indication, we should soon see an announcement of solo UK date(s). I'll wait for that personally since I don't care much about festivals. However, the tshirt that you can order with your festival ticket is pretty damn tempting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

They uploaded a live music video for Road of Resistance on YouTube.

Something I noticed when I was in Japan when I went to the indie idol event and in this music video, watch the crowd. The fan participation is something like I've never seen before. This whole, everyone parts so there's a open space and then total chaos as everyone starts running around in a circle. Usually singing and dancing or doing something. It's like an anti-mosh pit. It's very Japanese to me, whatever it is. 

To those that have seen Babymetal live, is this a normal thing? I kind of want to know where it originated from. I doubt they started it.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sat May 09, 2015 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

The new World Tour is starting! They've been sightseeing Mexico yesterday, and tonight is the D-day. The audience better not disappoint.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="187901" data-time="1431178924">They uploaded a live music video for Road of Resistance on YouTube.</blockquote>
Thanks for posting that! I'm slacking as usual. It's a different and much better cut of this performance than what they showed on WOWOW before.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="187901" data-time="1431178924">Something I noticed when I was in Japan when I went to the indie idol event and in this music video, watch the crowd. The fan participation is something like I've never seen before. This whole, everyone parts so there's a open space and then total chaos as everyone starts running around in a circle. Usually singing and dancing or doing something. It's like an anti-mosh pit. It's very Japanese to me, whatever it is. 

To those that have seen Babymetal live, is this a normal thing? I kind of want to know where it originated from. I doubt they started it.</blockquote>
Wall of Death, baby! =3= It's not a Japanese thing, it's been in metal since forever. Just an extension of all the fun you can have in the moshpit. But Babymetal brought it to perfection, complete with an instructional VTR they show you. :lol:

See here.

For Babymetal it started with the IDZ music video where Moa and Yui run past each other at around 00:45 mark. And now they incorporated it into the Road of Resistance performance, where with her hands Su commands the audience to part, with the battle horns sounding in the background. If you get the chills watching that don't worry, it's perfectly normal. =3=

I'm so glad the Japanese audiences are going all out on Babymetal gigs now, instead of orderly standing in place and just waving their arms in a rhythm. But I do feel that they stepped up their game after the live viewing of the first London concert where they saw the most beautiful madness that was going on. When they came back to London I felt that many Japanese fans came mainly for the experience of crowd surfing at a Babymetal concert. :lol:

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Ah I see. Well they are doing it for non metal groups now. xD So it's become a thing now. Heh. I kind of wish I had videoed it but it was the day after I hurt myself and I wasn't exactly up to doing much of anything that day. @_@

It's quiet obvious that most of the Japanese fans of idols, who are by day suit wearing business drones take great pleasure in letting off as much steam as possible. I wouldn't blame them either.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sat May 09, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Toronto is revving up for tonight's show

Another video

And I think I fell in love. If I don't have a father-daughter moment like this in some 8 years then I will feel I have wasted my life away. :cryalot:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="187912" data-time="1431208716">Ah I see. Well they are doing it for non metal groups now. xD So it's become a thing now. Heh. I kind of wish I had videoed it but it was the day after I hurt myself and I wasn't exactly up to doing much of anything that day. @_@

It's quiet obvious that most of the Japanese fans of idols, who are by day suit wearing business drones take great pleasure in letting off as much steam as possible. I wouldn't blame them either.</blockquote>What group was that? :lol: It would be awesome if they had a mosh pit at every idol concert. Personally, I am not exactly fond of the usual wota "dances" and chants and other antics. :pouty:
Last edited by aine on Tue May 12, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

My favourite band talking about my favourite band :dancey:

It's like two worlds collided in a cosmic fangasm. It makes me happy beyond words knowing that little Melinda likes herself some Babymetals. :lol:

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I don't remember which group it was. It was like a mini Idol fest for local idol groups, so a bunch of different small groups showed up. I was half paying attention to be honest. But they did it for a few groups.