[2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by JPope »

Riho is allowed to have an off night. It's not like she sounds like this all the time or even most of the time. She's fine. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by Anderei »

Riho sounded like she always does to me. It's no secret she sucks at high notes.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Her technique is just bad and she is always going to sound strained until she changes the way she actually sings.  But I say this all the time.

Sakura on the other hand KILLED that performance.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Well, I know it's beating a dead horse, but if she didn't sing so many high, solo lines, she wouldn't be as strained. It can show in live performances, especially ones that are back to back. Everyone is allowed to have a day off, of course.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Her fans don't care if she's technically singing well. There's no good reason to modify songs to fit her strengths because if she blows her voice out she can just lip synch as she's done before.

Second week sold 7890. Still neck to neck with Wagamama which sold 5k less the first week but had a second week of 12k.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I'm laughing and cringing at the same time because it's true. Her fans (myself) don't care at all how she sings. Even with others in the group, I could pick her voice out as my most favorite, just because it is hers. Stupid, some of you might say, but that is how my biased brain works. There are days when she doesn't sound as good as usual, but even on those days when she's screeching into her microphone I'd love to hear her kill a solo to death, over Sakura or Ai. (I dream so badly of a solo album)  :wub: 

Ok, out of fangirl mode. Sorry, but I felt like it needed to be said from someone who is as obsessed as I am. 

Agreed, this is a conversation as old as the hills now. I'm backing back out of it.  :whistling:
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

To each their own of course.  For me it just hurts to hear as a trained singer.  But even when Risako used to SHOUT SING I loved her voice, I knew it wasn't great, but found it endearing.  I prefer it now of course...
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I don't care much for Ayumi or Erina's voices right now even though they're my favorites. (Although when they sing something well I get really excited and want to listen more). When they are better singers I will probably enjoy their voices more, but my favorite voice is definitely Sakura!
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

3rd week update

weekly rank #40

sold 1,711

total 158,962

By the time it stops charting, it'll probably be just a bit over 160k.