[2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by Anderei »

It looks like H!P as a whole is ditching b-sides for now.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
xepher416
Kenshuusei

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by xepher416 »

Could somebody give me a link to the song in the Canadian iTunes store. I can't find it at all, just the mv T.T
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Anderei"]
It looks like H!P as a whole is ditching b-sides for now.
[/quote]

We're all spoiled- double a-sides are like a single + a glorified b-side.

Up until Renai Hunter you got about 3 songs per single max.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I'm happy for them and I think, if nothing else, Egao deserves the honor. The others as a package are underproduced afterthoughts. At least reward a good MV and dance through Egao even if y'all don't like the song.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="xepher416" data-cid="170798" data-time="1391024672">
Could somebody give me a link to the song in the Canadian iTunes store. I can't find it at all, just the mv T.T</blockquote>

Are you looking under モーニング娘。'14 and not just モーニング娘。?
xepher416
Kenshuusei

Post by xepher416 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="170800" data-time="1391025141">
I'm happy for them and I think, if nothing else, Egao deserves the honor. The others as a package are underproduced afterthoughts. At least reward a good MV and dance through Egao even if y'all don't like the song.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="xepher416" data-cid="170798" data-time="1391024672">
Could somebody give me a link to the song in the Canadian iTunes store. I can't find it at all, just the mv T.T</blockquote>
Are you looking under モーニング娘。'14 and not just モーニング娘。?</blockquote>
Oh, I found it, thanks
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

The name change didn't confuse the people in the end... but I find it pretty stupid that this is MM's 55th single and yet there's nowhere to be found under the name of MM.  :confused:
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

That's honestly why I looked it up by name first.  Because I knew they were going to try and pull this shit.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I couldn't find it at first, then I just looked up, What Is Love? and scrolled down till I found the Musume song and went from there.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

^Basically, Harunan and Erina are afraid of Mikitty hahahahaha
Apparently there's no one that scolds/is scary like she used to be in the group currently? XD
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Apparently there's no one that scolds/is scary like she used to be in the group currently? XD
[/quote]
Elaborating on this....

They talk about their dance lessons, and Mikitty says that she would be impatient if other members couldn't remember and want to move on, but Sayu says now they are all friendly and help each other.
Erina says she's afraid of Mikitty because she is known for being mean/scary. Erina suggests they talk more so that the scariness will go away.
Harunan says that Mikitty was trying to teach her how to be "poisonous" (mean basically). And Harunan refused since her image is an idol who praises/flatters everyone.

I'll add that the funniest thing that happened is when Sayu said she texted Mikitty if she knew how many members were in MM. Mikitty replied with "Is there someone named Kimura-san?" And Sayu goes on to say that there is not a Kimura in MM, nor has there ever been one. Mikitty also says that there also seems to be no one named Kimura in the entirety of Hello! Project.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="170818" data-time="1391058598">
<div>
[/quote]
Elaborating on this....

They talk about their dance lessons, and Mikitty says that she would be impatient if other members couldn't remember and want to move on, but Sayu says now they are all friendly and help each other.
Erina says she's afraid of Mikitty because she is known for being mean/scary. Erina suggests they talk more so that the scariness will go away.
Harunan says that Mikitty was trying to teach her how to be "poisonous" (mean basically). And Harunan refused since her image is an idol who praises/flatters everyone.

I'll add that the funniest thing that happened is when Sayu said she texted Mikitty if she knew how many members were in MM. Mikitty replied with "Is there someone named Kimura-san?" And Sayu goes on to say that there is not a Kimura in MM, nor has there ever been one. Mikitty also says that there also seems to be no one named Kimura in the entirety of Hello! Project.

</div>
</blockquote>

I thought that it was funny that Sayu gave her a CD with all the member's name on the front XD
And that Mikitty made sure to say "I know these guys' names..... Cause I'm working with them today" lol
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Asami Kimura. Miki was even in a group with her...
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
[/quote]

Sorry by entirety, I meant current H!P only. I should've been more specific.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
[/quote]
Wasn't Ayaka's last name Kimura too? 
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

It makes my head explode whenever I try to browse the Oricon site and find any information there, but it seems the single is down to 4 as of yesterday?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It is at 4 today.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

And since they are not in the top 3, they don't show how many they sold. We do know it's fewer than 7,935, though.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

When they sell so much the first day, I just worry that sales will tank afterwards :(  I hope they get their Weekly #1.  
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

They sold over 100,000 more than the #2 yesterday. I wouldn't worry about this little dip at all.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="eri"]
When they sell so much the first day, I just worry that sales will tank afterwards :(  I hope they get their Weekly #1.  
[/quote]

The bulk of their sales nowadays are mostly pre-orders. They do always tank after day one but as long as they're far enough ahead of the competition it's not too important.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

This single will probably fall short of Joke/Gundan's overall sales unless the Olympics can spur sales later.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't think they're going to be doing any more Olympics promotion. That performance at the end of the ceremony they were guests at was it, I think.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I was thinking more organically than via Olympic-specific promotion. Like if Japan does well, maybe the song will get more airplay or used more often on TV or something.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I think it'll outsell Wagamama. A lot of people, like students and casual fans, will probably buy the single over the weekend.

Also the stock has been low the 2nd day for MM's past few singles (including this one).
Last edited by momoirosaya on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="170851" data-time="1391108109">And since they are not in the top 3, they don't show how many they sold. We do know it's fewer than 7,935, though.</blockquote>
Ah, that explains it. I just wish Oricon would make all their data available in some simple text-only charts, or even better CSV. It's frustrating, especially trying to find historical data.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Sayu" data-cid="170859" data-time="1391114958">They sold over 100,000 more than the #2 yesterday. I wouldn't worry about this little dip at all.</blockquote>
I wouldn't call 119k down to under 7k a little dip. :shocked: Though I don't think there's too much fear about their weekly #1.
Last edited by aine on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="170873" data-time="1391121733"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Sayu" data-cid="170859" data-time="1391114958">
They sold over 100,000 more than the #2 yesterday. I wouldn't worry about this little dip at all.</blockquote>
I wouldn't call 119k down to under 7k a little dip. :shocked: Though I don't think there's too much fear about their weekly #1.</blockquote>

Ahaha I was referring to the dip in rank; not actual copies sold. I wouldn't worry about the dip from #1 to #4 because I'm quite sure they're actual sales for both days are still the highest.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Saya"]
I think it'll outsell Wagamama. A lot of people, like students and casual fans, will probably buy the single over the weekend.

Also the stock has been low the 2nd day for MM's past few singles (including this one).
[/quote]

I didn't know there was a low stock situation with this one. I remember last time they had a surge of over 20K on like the fourth day due to restocking, so maybe that will happen again.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

Wow, MM destroyed. And frankly, I'm surprised at Namie's sales, but I think she's been pushing digital big time (plus two of the songs already released digitally). It's truly a big thing to be able to say MM sold 10x Namie Amuro (who is resurging and is seeing a marginal uptick in single sales) on same-week debuts.