[2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by Anderei »

I think this will actually be Namie's best first week in awhile. But her goal definitely isn't to be a big physical single seller anymore.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
MejraThea
ANGERME

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by MejraThea »

Last edited by MejraThea on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Thea"]
New promotional video sub!
[/quote]

Thank you!  I love these little promo videos MM has been doing :heart:
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

Today's rank is at #3 with 4,486 copies sold! I finally got my copy in the mail today so now I'm jamming out to it. :party:

Also that video is super cute aaaahh. GO FORTH AND CRUSH, GIRLS!
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

What is LOVE? Dance Shot and Kimi no Kawari Dance Shot have been uploaded to MM's Youtube channel!

I found a bit funny that weird movement that Sakura does around 0:39 in WIL?, I even saw her "security shorts" lol
Last edited by Derby on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

MM on Music Station performing LOVE Machine & What is LOVE
The talk segment has already been taken down :(
rikako♡eripon♡airi
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Will MM ever be able to rise to the 300,000 sales mark? :( It is saddening that their popularity is rising very slowly and seems to come to a halt.
Last edited by smtmissin on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^They're not gonna suddenly sell 500k overnight. MM is making steady progress and sells more each single, and has been on more TV shows, magazines, radio shows, etc. than they used to be a couple years ago. I think it starts off slow and gets faster and faster the more people that get into it. It would help if they had another hit song :)
rikako♡eripon♡airi
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Saya"]
MM on Music Station performing LOVE Machine & What is LOVE
The talk segment has already been taken down :(
[/quote]

Sakura OWNED that.  By far my favorite performer in MM right now.  

Also, the amount of teen girl fans is going up.  And let me tell you, teenage girls breed new fans.  If they do get another hit, it's going to keep snowballing.  MM is admirable, from music to attitude.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

From H!O:
[quote="NightOfFire'14"]
Some translated comments from MM's choreographer, Yoshiko Sensei!

Credit to the Ice Cream & My Jiggly Blog, just click the link Image

Selected comments from MM Choreographer YOSHIKO

[/quote]

I've tried translated the rest:

①Suzuki Kanon (15)
The cheerful hard worker with powerful dancing
Suzuki has had remarkable growth in her dancing. At first she really couldn't do anything.

Now she dances normally, but when I think "That Suzuki..." from the past, (compared to her now) I get really happy.
Her dancing is powerful, so it becomes a big accent in the group. Her big smile is also part of her charm.

③Iikubo Haruna (19)
Using her long limbs to her advantage in dance, the mysterious type sub-leader
The oldest (new) member we've had in a while, is without a doubt Iikubo!
When I first saw her, her rhythm was so off that it surprised me.

Honestly, I wondered what I should do with her (lol).
But she has long limbs, and looks like a doll, when she pulls herself together, more than anyone else, her dancing becomes like a painting.

④Oda Sakura (14)
Manipulates the singing voice of a rainbow (7 colors) The level headed youngest songstress (utahime)
Dancing flexibly is her trait. I want her to focus more on her face while dancing. Also, she really fast at remebering the dances!

She was skilled beforehand, so I think she is the type that likes the work of memorizing.
Even since her audition she would talk happily and say things like "I like this part of that song's dance move~."

⑤Michishige Sayumi (24)
Pitching will all her might 365 days a year! (*baseball reference) The reliable leader
Out of all the members she is the one the pratices with the most enthusiasm. She never cuts corners.
She was already serious to begin with, but since becoming leader her sense of responsibility has increased.
When the dance moves are being put together, she even remember the facial movements as they were originally. 
Watching that Michishige's back, I'm sure her kohai's are encouraged. She is already perfect.

⑧Sato Masaki (14)
The most self centered person in the whole world! The girl (musume) who doesn't know fear, the soldier of fortune
I think it's fitting to say that Sato has hardened her growth in dance.
I think she had dance sense already. But when she just dances by force, at the end of the day there is unevenness (in her dancing).
But it's not a problem with her skill, it's a problem with her mindset. But's she still a child (lol).
I'm looking forward to how Sato will be when she is an adult.

⑩Kudou Haruka (14)
The soul of an egg (*H!P Eggs) is right here! #1 with feelings of not wanting to lose
She is a girl who can dance. But with her skill, she dances a bit flowy (lol).
She has the boyish style charm, so I think if she were able to dance more cleanly and cool, it would really draw people in.
Lately her expressions have become really good, so it is fun to watch her.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

That is certainly one way you could describe Haruna's dancing. Like a painting. 
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

She's too lanky for their dances.  The skinny pants for this single really don't help.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, she looks really odd during some of the What is Love parts because of her legs.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Haruna's like Iida 2.0 when it comes to dancing.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Those are very enjoyable to read. I love the little peeks we get into the way Yoshiko thinks of teaching dance to them.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="showraniy"]
Those are very enjoyable to read. I love the little peeks we get into the way Yoshiko thinks of teaching dance to them.
[/quote]

I really love the way she describes them.  And Sayu amazing.

I like Haruna because she is so awkward.
http://ciaosami.tumblr.com/post/74378954252/dreamygirlkawaii-oh-haruna-lol-this-is-me

And example of Masaki.
http://ciaosami.tumblr.com/post/74414722410/pearyz
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="170897" data-time="1391145043"><a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SisKhmibmpQ">New promotional video sub!</a></blockquote>

Wow, that was a great video! Thank you for the subs; that video was fantastic to watch as a fan of the group.

And ok, I guess they're calling Sayashi center now so I'll live with it, but I swear to god if dance formations always have her in the center I'll throw a fit.

Also it would've been way better if their lines weren't scripted. Snippets of a candid interview would've been highly superior to canned monologues about the way UFA thinks they should feel or something. I get the feeling the girls had very little to do with what they were reading.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Back up for grabs on Dailymotion it's the MM appearance on Music Station.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

8089 sold and back to #1 on Jan 31st.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="aine"]
[/quote]

Nice!  Music Station performance was great, I bet that had something to do with it.  The YouTube upload of it has almost half a million views.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="pandapanda"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="170987" data-time="1391261166">
<div>
[/quote]

The YouTube upload of it has almost half a million views.

</div>
</blockquote>

It's just completely amazing how popular MM has gotten again! I'm so happy for them.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I don't think this was ever posted:
Talk segment from Music Japan
rikako♡eripon♡airi
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I just got an email from a past exchange student telling me she saw MM on Music Station.  She said she really liked the new song :heart:

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Down to number 5 today.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="showraniy"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="170897" data-time="1391145043">
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SisKhmibmpQ">New promotional video sub!</a>
</blockquote>

Wow, that was a great video! Thank you for the subs; that video was fantastic to watch as a fan of the group.

And ok, I guess they're calling Sayashi center now so I'll live with it, but I swear to god if dance formations always have her in the center I'll throw a fit.

Also it would've been way better if their lines weren't scripted. Snippets of a candid interview would've been highly superior to canned monologues about the way UFA thinks they should feel or something. I get the feeling the girls had very little to do with what they were reading.

[/quote]
Oh I don't know - it felt very dramatic in this way.  I don't mean this in a bad way but it felt like they were all stock characters in an anime about idols :lol:
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="eri"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="170958" data-time="1391215326">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="170897" data-time="1391145043">
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SisKhmibmpQ">New promotional video sub!</a>
</blockquote>

[/quote]
Oh I don't know - it felt very dramatic in this way.  I don't mean this in a bad way but it felt like they were all stock characters in an anime about idols :lol:

</div>
</blockquote>

All idols have 'characters', so I guess they are going with the easy stereotypes.  It never crossed my mind that they would be scripted, but now it's really bothering me.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Side by side video of the music station performance and the dokkiri special. http://youtu.be/LSL1Co3ptrc
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

MM on Sound Room with Nakai
It's adorable how MM has changed to Sayu saying she's cute and the other members being annoyed, to now them all saying "It's true! She is the cutest!" because they all love her.
Kanon's mikan impression was really funny because I wasn't expecting that.
The person who recorded it said they didn't record Erina's magic because it was after the singing and they thought it was over, but from the preview clip it was funny.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

What does Sayu say about AKB?

Masaki looked like she was holding in a fart the whole time.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="pandapanda"]
What does Sayu say about AKB?

Masaki looked like she was holding in a fart the whole time.
[/quote]

The hosts were basically asking them about the change to "formation dances" etc.  So Sayumi explains they are now in the era of "Warring Idol Groups" :lol: more or less.  She said that AKB is really dominant over the entire country so MM's dances (etc) can help them stand out more in comparison.   

Their hair is shiny. 
Last edited by eri on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.