[2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

pandapanda
ANGERME

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="eri"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pandapanda" data-cid="171160" data-time="1391451551">
<div>
What does Sayu say about AKB?

Masaki looked like she was holding in a fart the whole time.
[/quote]

The hosts were basically asking them about the change to "formation dances" etc.  So Sayumi explains they are now in the era of "Warring Idol Groups" :lol: more or less.  She said that AKB is really dominant over the entire country so MM's dances (etc) can help them stand out more in comparison.   

Their hair is shiny. 

</div>
</blockquote>

Well MM is the ai no gundan.

Their hair is really shiny.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by arcobaleno »

YAY! Their very first 4 #1 singles in a row :D
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I'm really happy for them ! :D
Campy <3 !
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I am not that happy considering this is quite predictable, and considering the sales may not be much better than Ai no Joke.

sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

I'm so happy for them!!! Oh my gosh I seriously want to cry with a weird sense of pride right now! This is such a great achievement for them and I really hope that they get a nice little party for it.

[quote="smtmissin"]
I am not that happy considering this is quite predictable, and considering the sales may not be much better than Ai no Joke.
[/quote]

It sold about 5,000 more than Ai no Joke in the first week and has topped the first week sales of all songs since Do It! Now
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ShiroiChanUK" data-cid="171169" data-time="1391462716"><a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2033659/">THEY DID IT!!!</a></blockquote>

Nice. Get it, girls.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Remember the days where we used to laugh at people saying MM might sell 100k on one of their singles? Now they're doing it all the time yay! They've really upped their game.
But this was a really easy week to be honest, even S/mileage probably could've gotten #1.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

What were they saying about Reina (yankee) on Sound Room?
Masaki just looks bored throughout the whole thing.
(Btw I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has those wonky baby hairs along their hairline...Masaki and Sakura have them so I don't feel alone.)

EDIT: Also, are my ears deceiving me or did I hear Kanon say "chikan" in the beginning. (I learned this word the other day from Gimmeabreakman)
Last edited by star on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Star"]
What were they saying about Reina (yankee) on Sound Room?
Masaki just looks bored throughout the whole thing.
(Btw I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has those wonky baby hairs along their hairline...Masaki and Sakura have them so I don't feel alone.)

EDIT: Also, are my ears deceiving me or did I hear Kanon say "chikan". (I learned this word the other day from Gimmeabreakman)
[/quote]

Nakai was saying "What happened to that Yankee girl?"
I somehow get the feeling that Masaki isn't allowed to talk a lot on TV shows because of her personality haha, sometimes she also looks like she's about to speak, but then someone else does before her.
(Doesn't everyone have those? Depending on the hairstyle though they can more or less noticeable though.)

She didn't say that, but what part were you listening to?
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Ah thank you. And now that you mention it, I'm starting to get that feeling as well, I mean, correct me if I' wrong, but she was the only member here who really didn't get to say anything
And the Kanon thing was around 6:20 that I thought I heard it a couple times.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Hahaha, Kanon brings back the impersonations again. I was getting really worried that they were falling flat, but by the end she got them, even if some would argue it was only an awkward laugh. I think I prefer her word humor or over the top actions than impersonations.
It was nice to see Harunan speak a bit... Part of me feels like she would be the one to lead after Sayumi leaves. I know it's not always the case, but she seems to have a bit more of an ability to speak in public/on TV. 

EDIT: I think you're either confusing "chigau" or "mochi" with "chikan"... Pretty sure that the host asked if she was making onigiri with her hand movements (since she was cupping them) and she said "No, I get told that a lot. It's mochi." That's if I understood it all correctly :3
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

What she said was "Chigaun desu yo" But she said it really quick together, so that it does almost sound like chikan.

Also, Star, I have loads of little baby hairs around my hairline, so!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
EDIT: I think you're either confusing "chigau" or "mochi" with "chikan"... Pretty sure that the host asked if she was making onigiri with her hand movements (since she was cupping them) and she said "No, I get told that a lot. It's mochi." That's if I understood it all correctly :3
[/quote]

What happened was, Nakai asked her if she is a person who makes onigiri in the dressing room. Kanon replies that she doesn't, she gets told that a lot, and that she's just chubby.

rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="171197" data-time="1391485361">
<div>
[/quote]

What happened was, Nakai asked her if she is a person who makes onigiri in the dressing room. Kanon replies that she doesn't, she gets told that a lot, and that she's just chubby.

</div>
</blockquote>

Holy moly I misunderstood! At the end it sounded like she said "mochi nan desu yo"... Did she say pocchari again? XD oh Kanon.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Yeah she said "Pocchari nan desu, tada no"

Also here's the full segment with the missing clip
Probably the most hilarious response Erina has ever gotten.
Lily says "Let's get married" and Nakai asks her what she's going to do about that since she can't undo the spell. Lily says they should go city hall afterwards (to register their marriage) Erina says she has her place in MM so.... and then Nakai says that Lily will wait for her forever, in his mansion. Haha
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="171179" data-time="1391469217">I am not that happy considering this is quite predictable, and considering the sales may not be much better than Ai no Joke.</blockquote>
This, weekly #1 was pretty much a given looking at day 1 sales of other artists, yet the total weekly sales improvement over Wagamama is minimal (5000 units - just under 3.5%). Kinda not living up to the hype. In my mind I was hoping they would at least break the 150000 mark.

I'm still extremely happy that they continue to be on the roll though. :thumbsup:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

^ It will be a lie if I say I wasn't disappointed. I hope they'll do much better next time.

All these scripts Kanon has to say "I'm not fat 'm just chubby" is getting old.

emily
Juice=Juice

Post by emily »

^Agreed. Enough with the fat jokes.
[center]Image[/center]
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

But they aren't fat jokes, they're chubby ones. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Last edited by aine on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I AM JUST HAPPY SAKURA KNOWS NOTHING BUT NUMBER ONES. WHO IS THE REAL MIRACLE GIRL NOW?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

She is not a miracle girl, but a lucky girl. She is a strong addition to MM but the number ones start before she joined.
Oh wait...it is after she joined. But the sales started picking up before that :P beginning with One two three
Last edited by smtmissin on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Being chubby is Kanon's character. Unless she loses weight get used to it :P
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

This single ain't dead yet guys! MM performed the Olympic song today. Link

And they were on ZIP! Chuumoku (just in MV footage), being praised once again about the dancing. Link (Fun fact :: Takenaka Natsumi (the one talking about the group) was the 4th Chibimoon in the Sailormoon Musicals.)
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I'm sorry but that was just painful to listen to Riho sing. Even the formation looked a bit sloppy? I understand it's a cramped space but it just didn't play out as well as usual. Meeeeh

Ps- いやいやいやいやいやいやいやいや 
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Ouch...poor Riho. Even with her seniority, Sakura is better than her. Even when she doesn't dance, her singing is strained. When will she improve if ever?

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Her voice is probably tired from all the winter concerts and events they've been doing. She might not bounce back as quickly as Sakura. Also with the all work they do in between I wonder how much time these girls get for vocal rest.... The entire performance was one of their weaker ones vocally, including Sakura. They still did a really good job though! I could just notice some vocal strain.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi