[2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

arcobaleno
ANGERME

[2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by arcobaleno »

Somehow "Kimi no Egao wa Taiyou sa" is a really romantic song name. I'm excited for it!

But wow, another triple A-side. Has anyone heard whether there'll even be B-sides?

(ACK! I don't know what I did but I accidentally deleted 2 posts when I was moving everything (I saved the contents though), so I'm adding them in your post acro because they were supposed to be at the top of the page. I am sorry T___T -Saya)

ShiroiChanUK: Mizupon said that Kimi no Egao wa Taiyou sa is going to have a mid-tempo style :)

Anderei: Can someone change the title so that is says 55th single? I mistyped.

A thread would probably be better than continuing to talk about it in H!S's thread.

Tracklist (from jplop who got it from the H!P website):
<div>1. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa </div>
<div>2. Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai </div>
<div>3. What is LOVE?</div>
<div>4. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (instrumental)</div>
<div>5. Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai (instrumental)</div>
<div>6. What is LOVE? (instrumental)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Limited Edition A DVD</div>
<div>1. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (Music Video)</div>
<div>2. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (Close-up ver.)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Limited Edition B DVD</div>
<div>1. Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai (Music Video)</div>
<div>2. Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai (Dance Shot ver.) </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Limited Edition C DVD</div>
<div>1. What is LOVE? (Music Video)</div>
<div>2. What is LOVE? (Dance Shot ver.) </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Limited Edition D DVD</div>
<div>1. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (Dance Lecture Video)</div>
<div>2. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (Dance Shot ver.) </div>
<div>3. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai (making of and offshot video)</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Regular Edition A - First Press only (10 solo trading cards + 1 random enclosure - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa outfit)</div>
<div>Regular Edition B - First Press only (10 solo trading cards + 1 random enclosure - Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai outfit)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Full view of one of the single outfits. I wish the fit was more flattering, but unfortunately we can't have it all.</div>
<div>Image</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Promo:</div>
<div>Preorder the boxset from forTune and you get a ticket for a photo-op.  Preorder just a single from them and you get a ticket to handshake event. Events are scheduled for 3/2, 3/8, 3/23, 4/13, 5/11.</div>
Last edited by arcobaleno on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by Elpis »

morning Muusume generally seems to do lots of B-sides. I wouldn't be surprised if they did. But if they didn't, that wouldn't really surprise me either.
Formerly Mizura
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="tangerine"]
This week's episode!

00:01~ Morning Musume. '14 comment about their name change (apparently to make it easier for people to remember who was in the group at different times, and to assure the group's continuation for 10, 20 years into the future) & announce their new single, on sale January 29th. It's a triple A-side and the titles are "Kimi no Egao wa Taiyou sa/Kimi no Kawari wa I ya Shinai/What is LOVE?". The first song is middle tempo, with a dance that's seemingly harder than it looks. The second song is the official theme song of Japan for the Olympics, and is a hard dance number with different voices that say "Nippon" in it (!?)
[/quote]

I've never watched the Olympics, but isn't six years a little early?
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

I think the statement is meaning, the Japanese showing of the Sochi Olympics which is 2014
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I feel like it's only a Triple A-side because Tsunku still wants them to have an MM song that's not influenced by other things (JMelo, Olympics), to avoid a Koero Rakuten Eagles single type thing maybe?

That's probably why the single is also taking so long to come out! I'm glad we'll be getting 3 PV's though! Hopefully we get one thats good quality, because doing 3 PV's is going to cost more money...
rikako♡eripon♡airi
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I agree with that, Saya.

[quote="Solarblade"]
I think the statement is meaning, the Japanese showing of the Sochi Olympics which is 2014
[/quote]

Ooooooooh.  That's right I just watched that video that came out like a month ago and it does say "Sochi Olympics".
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="arcobaleno"]

But wow, another triple A-side. Has anyone heard whether there'll even be B-sides?
[/quote]

Is this not their first Triple A-side? They've had 4 doubles, but no triples. As far as I am aware.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I was referring to Ju=Ju's triple A-side lol

Which was, as far as I know, an H!P first.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Saya"]
I feel like it's only a Triple A-side because Tsunku still wants them to have an MM song that's not influenced by other things (JMelo, Olympics), to avoid a Koero Rakuten Eagles single type thing maybe?

That's probably why the single is also taking so long to come out! I'm glad we'll be getting 3 PV's though! Hopefully we get one thats good quality, because doing 3 PV's is going to cost more money...
[/quote]

No way. All 3 PV's budgets will probably consist of whatever change the staff can find in their pockets.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I'd rather have Kimi no Egao wa Taiyou sa as the only A-side while What Is Love and the Olympics theme are the B-sides because having three A-sides will reduce the quality of the single big time.

I wouldn't mind so much if they kept the three A-sides but didn't add anymore B-sides but that's never going to happen is it?

How many editions do you think they'll bring out for this? >_<

Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Well, the last one had 7. And that's already a ton of editions.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

7 would be a lot for only one b-side.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Anderei"]
7 would be a lot for only one b-side.
[/quote]

Not if there's 3 main singles. You're forgetting about DVD content!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

True, but even then all the editions would have identical tracklists. They did it for JJ and S/mileage, but I don't think they'll do it for Morning Musume.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

[quote="ShiroiChanUK"]
I'd rather have Kimi no Egao wa Taiyou sa as the only A-side while What Is Love and the Olympics theme are the B-sides because having three A-sides will reduce the quality of the single big time.
[/quote]

I really don't understand the logic behind that. They could release this as a single A-side and put the other songs as b-sides and... the songs will probably sound just the same, so what's the matter?

Actually, I think that if they play their cards right, this could outsell Wagamama.

- What is LOVE? continues the trend of electro-pop they've followed this past year. The fans they gathered should be happy with it, since the song and the lyrics ate pretty cool (just listened to it again and I can't wait for a HQ version!).

- The Olympic song should get its fair amount of airplay, so the name of it being in the cover helps the casual fans who listen to it wherever and want to get it. I don't know how the Ganbare Nippon Soccer song helped the JKM single, but... oh, well, that single was a bit WTF, IMO.

- The third mid-tempo song is just Tsunku trying new things so MM doesn't sound like a 10nin Perfume (unless it's an electro midtempo thing lol). And I like the idea as much as I fear it, cause it will probably be the song they promote the most...

Buuuuuut if they equally promote the three of them trying to reach the fans of every music genre, the single should do just fine. The b-sides are, IMO, the treat for the real hard-fans who want to support X member who sings in it, IMO.

Shouldn't we get a thread for the single already? lol

On the other hand, I like seeing them using the Kenshuusei for something else than backdancing in concerts, but... they way they're doing it kinda screams AKB rip-off to me. 
Hell, it's a mix of the usual AKB KKS song we get in the theatre editions (will all the member who haven't been promoted yet) and this PV (cause of the names): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRnfnxibcSs

Oh, well... at least Rikako is right at the front. And it made me discover the beauties of Mizuki Murota and Reina Ichioka. ALL OF THEM FOR MM, PLZ!!
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

^ I was mostly referring to the PV quality. When it comes to MoMusu double A-sides the first PV is amazing while the second one is pretty much mediocre at best so I don't think a triple A-side single would be a good idea.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

Ah, oh.

Well, by this time they should have realized that doing a well done PV ala Wagamama isn't THAT expensive... and if they're getting better sales, why not invest?
I don't think they're doing this 3A-side thing lightly. They must know that the more you give, the more you get lol
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="tangerine" data-cid="168139" data-time="1386764656">This week's episode!

00:01~ Morning Musume. '14 comment about their name change (apparently to make it easier for people to remember who was in the group at different times, and to assure the group's continuation for 10, 20 years into the future)</blockquote>
So they are still going on about it? How are they planning to figure out that it proved "too confusing" before scrapping the idea? By actually releasing a single under this name and seeing the sales and image disaster with their own eyes? They left themselves a way out of it and having 2 weeks of rather overwhelmingly negative feedback from fans (at least in Japan, the Western fandom outside of the BBS seems to be more sheepishly content with whatever they churn out) should be enough to save face and go "lol jk" about the whole thing.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trinu" data-cid="168175" data-time="1386844849">- What is LOVE? continues the trend of electro-pop they've followed this past year. The fans they gathered should be happy with it, since the song and the lyrics ate pretty cool (just listened to it again and I can't wait for a HQ version!).</blockquote>
As a big fan of their electro sound I am not happy with it, it's all over the place and much weaker than all the recent singles in that vein. It's a gimmicky song with a hermetic background meant to stroke the fans' ego and I doubt it will sell with the general population.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trinu" data-cid="168175" data-time="1386844849">- The Olympic song should get its fair amount of airplay, so the name of it being in the cover helps the casual fans who listen to it wherever and want to get it. I don't know how the Ganbare Nippon Soccer song helped the JKM single, but... oh, well, that single was a bit WTF, IMO.</blockquote>
Ganbare Nippon is one of my least favourite MM songs lol. Among promotional/motivational songs Kacchoiize! Japan and How Do You Like Japan? were infinitely better.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trinu" data-cid="168175" data-time="1386844849">- The third mid-tempo song is just Tsunku trying new things so MM doesn't sound like a 10nin Perfume (unless it's an electro midtempo thing lol). And I like the idea as much as I fear it, cause it will probably be the song they promote the most...</blockquote> 
What other songs did they call "mid-tempo" recently? Because for some reason the term only invokes a snorefest ballad in my mind. :lol: Looking briefly at the A-sides list Do it! Now and As For One Day are the only good mid-tempo songs in their history, and that was 10 years ago.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
I was referring to Ju=Ju's triple A-side lol

Which was, as far as I know, an H!P first.
[/quote]
oh, I completely forgot about Ju=Ju. My bad.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

[quote="aine"] 

What other songs did they call "mid-tempo" recently? Because for some reason the term only invokes a snorefest ballad in my mind. :lol: Looking briefly at the A-sides list Do it! Now and As For One Day are the only good mid-tempo songs in their history, and that was 10 years ago.

[/quote]

Maybe they didn't call them mid-tempo, but I think Shouganai would come into that category lol

And I'm not saying that just because What is LOVE? is electro-influenced Wagamama fans have to love it, but it follows the same trend, so I guess they're at least trying to maintain those fans.
Same with the Olympic song, I don't know how other songs with that kind of tie-ins worked (if the tien-ins worked at all). :/

Oh, well!

As for the name, it seems it doesn't really matter since this is considered their 55th single, so I suppose it will be something ala "Class of '14" or whatever.
Still don't understan their reasons to change it, tbh.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Trinu, when you said the Olympics song would get airplay did you mean radio or TV? Because Zoe mentioned in the thread about it that its not the official channel song.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ShiroiChanUK" data-cid="168176" data-time="1386845730">
^ I was mostly referring to the PV quality. When it comes to MoMusu double A-sides the first PV is amazing while the second one is pretty much mediocre at best so I don't think a triple A-side single would be a good idea.</blockquote>
You can at least disregard the What Is Love PV since that appears to be a concert PV.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I guess the trading cards are to make up for the lack of b-sides. Gotta get that 100k+ somehow.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

[quote="Anderei"]
Trinu, when you said the Olympics song would get airplay did you mean radio or TV? Because Zoe mentioned in the thread about it that its not the official channel song.
[/quote]

It's not? Aw, that's bad lol

I remember when Ayu released Born to be... it was featured in the news about the Olympics and all. Oh, well!
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

I got HMV newsletter about the release last night and after checking the HMV website:

- The new single is listed under the "Morning Musume '14" artist.
- The new single is not listed under the "Morning Musume" artist.
- Searching for "Morning Musume" does not return the new single.
- Searching for "Morning Musume '14" does not return any of the old singles.
- Actually, searching for "Morning Musume '14" does not seem to return any results (even copy-pasting HMV's own spelling).
- The new single does not show up as Related for any "Morning Musume" singles.
- The only Related items for the new single are the *48 releases.

It's the same regardless if you use the Japanese or the romanized MM name. I didn't check other retailers. And maybe HMV will fix the above at some stage. But god fucking damn it, this is my worst fears coming true so far. Good luck selling even 50k like that. :headwall:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

The box set will cost me about £55 so I think I'll just buy the CD individually which is cheaper in the long run :)

So we get 6 editions, that's not bad :) Two themed around each song maybe? :)
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
Limited Edition A DVD
<div>1. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (Music Video)</div>
<div>2. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (Close-up ver.)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Limited Edition B DVD</div>
<div>1. Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai (Music Video)</div>
<div>2. Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai (Dance Shot ver.) </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Limited Edition C DVD</div>
<div>1. What is LOVE? (Music Video)</div>
<div>2. What is LOVE? (Dance Shot ver.) </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Limited Edition D DVD</div>
<div>1. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (Dance Lecture Video)</div>
<div>2. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (Dance Shot ver.) </div>
<div>3. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai (making of and offshot video)</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Regular Edition A - First Press only (1 out of 10 solo trading cards + 1 random enclosure - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa outfit)</div>
<div>Regular Edition B - First Press only (1 out of 10 solo trading cards + 1 random enclosure - Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai outfit)</div>
<div> </div>

[/quote]

If these first press bonuses are only for the Regular A/B then I have to get a Regular AND Limited D now. I'm upset but happy at the same time. But if the trading cards are different I have to get both regulars.... three copies it is, then. Plus expedited shipping. (As I have spoken with arco about this, I have a serious shipping problem.) They're just breaking me this time around. 

/Edit: Anyone who gets one of the Random enclosure's that's Riho and doesn't like her I'll gladly trade you whoever I get.  :whistling:
//Edit: They're on CDJapan! Reg A, Reg B, Lim A, Lim B, Lim C, Lim D
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Looks like the cards are only for the regular edition, I just went to their website and it only mentions the cards for the regular editions.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Thea"]

//Edit: They're on CDJapan! Reg A, Reg B, Lim A, Lim B, Lim C, Lim D

[/quote]

The MM14 leads to normal MM, whew.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

Thank you CDjapan for you common sense! :lol: