[2014.02.19] Berryz Kobo - Otona na no yo! / 1 Oku 3 Senman sou Diet Oukoku (single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Haru
ANGERME

Re: [2014.02.19] Berryz Kobo - Otona na no yo! / 1 Oku 3 Senman sou Diet Oukoku (single)

Post by Haru »

I've seen Hell.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Re: [2014.02.19] Berryz Kobo - Otona na no yo! / 1 Oku 3 Senman sou Diet Oukoku (single)

Post by arcobaleno »

I can't feel anything but the deepest sympathy for Berryz. I can't believe how badly UFP neglects them with those outfits and now these covers.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Miya's outfit is hot in that perfectly trashy 80's way.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
Miya's outfit is hot in that perfectly trashy 80's way.
[/quote]

Yeah, I love that outfit, but as has already been stated, the hair kills it for me.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
I can't feel anything but the deepest sympathy for Berryz. I can't believe how badly UFP neglects them with those outfits and now these covers.
[/quote]

Golden Chinatown and Asian Celebration's covers were way worse, if you ask me.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I agree, but Berryz in general seems to be getting the lowest of the low lately.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="170493" data-time="1390582093">
<div>
[/quote]

Golden Chinatown and Asian Celebration's covers were way worse, if you ask me.

</div>
</blockquote>

Asian Celebration is just..... Awful. Just completely awful. I'm sure Berryz will catch a break, soon. I can only hope. Motto Zutto was decent, but C-ute's Kanashiki Amefuri was considerably better with a kind of similar message/set up.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

You know, these covers aren't bad. It's the outfits that make them bad. And by outfits, I mean the trashy Otona outfits. The other ones are fine and pure idol costume wear. 

If I could give a visual theme to each single, it would be as follows. Otona na no yo is Loving You Too Much and 1 Oku 3 Senman sou Diet Oukoku is Heroine ni Narou ka!
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Regular A actually looks pretty good.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Limited & Regular B are the best but they're just acceptable.. The others aren't good, even Regular A because of Miyabi's hairstyle right in the middle (and seriously, Limited C.. can't do less cheap) but, as Shoujo said, it's mostly because of Otona! outfits...
Campy <3 !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Otona na no yo! MV Preview

Pretty good, as far as H!P MVs go. Have they filmed an MV on this set before, though? It looks really familiar.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

It looks like the set from Do it Now! with some bar lights added. Also, sure it looks okay, but the backdrop totally doesn't match the 80's theme? hahaha
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't think it was supposed to be intentionally 80s themed. Miyabi and Risako look 80s, I'm not sure what they were going for with Captain, but Maasa, Momoko, Yurina and Chinami are all more or less pretty modernly dressed.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Anderei"]
I don't think it was supposed to be intentionally 80s themed. Miyabi and Risako look 80s, I'm not sure what they were going for with Captain, but Maasa, Momoko, Yurina and Chinami are all more or less pretty modernly dressed.
[/quote]

It's just a hot mess.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

The insane majority of H!O thinks the covers are great  :whatthe: 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I think Chinami looks pretty 80s with her print skirt and plain top, and Maasa's vest looks a bit 80's-ish, but otherwise you're right, it IS quite a hot mess! I just don't think there's a running theme throughout any of it.... Unless it needs to be explained or something.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
I think Chinami looks pretty 80s with her print skirt and plain top, and Maasa's vest looks a bit 80's-ish, but otherwise you're right, it IS quite a hot mess! I just don't think there's a running theme throughout any of it.... Unless it needs to be explained or something.
[/quote]

Print skirts and solid colored tops are back in fashion. So are vests (even the color of Maasa's vest is a pretty hot color right now). And quilted textures like Captain's shorts and Yurina's skirt too. It's like, they're on the right track, but they always just miss the mark because of other things.

Anyway, Chinami, Yurina, and Miyabi were on Tokyo MX Nippon Dandy.

Part 1
Part 2

They actually do quite a bit of speaking throughout the entire thing
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Not sure if this is legit or someone doing some lolz, but it's funny. Cause it's true.
It's true. Time for lolz. 

Last edited by Shoujo Q on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

You're missing the other two shots!
Spoiler: [+]
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Saki's turning into a member of Juice=Juice. 
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

If they were all dressed like Risako, all dressed like Miyabi or all dressed like Saki, I'd really have no problem with the outfits. On their own, the only outfits that are styled horribly are Maasa's and Chinami's (Maasa's is illfitting and unflattering to her silhouette, Chinami's shoes are a TERRIBLE shape/cut for her skirt and the waistline is a little off). Momoko's is cute, Yurina's ages her a bit but isn't inherently awful or jarring in any way. It's the lack of cohesion - the outfits look HORRIBLE next to each other. 

Maasa's is just... ugh. When will they realize that fitted clothing with a defined waistline is actually FLATTERING on bigger girls? Baggy clothes do nothing but add inches.
Last edited by Farrah on Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Anderei"]
You're missing the other two shots!
Spoiler: [+]
[/quote]

I think these both look beautiful, too bad the full outfits look crappy together.  I love those diamond outline earring, I so want a pair.  And captain would totally fit in J=J.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Miya's hair looks way better there except UGH AT THE VELOUR BOW KILL IT WITH FIRE.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

After seeing the PV... Just... Wow...

The song, the outfits, the dance, the PV. This may be the biggest train wreck in HP history.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I don't know. As far as videos go, I really can't think of anything worser than Halation Summer.

For me, this is a pretty close second.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

After seeing what the Hello!Station had shown of the MV, I know what makes this whole single so bad for me.

Any particular piece of this puzzle is not horrible. Together, they are not horrible

But they are not likable. At all. Of course there will be some people who will say "This is the best Berryz song in a long time!" "Their hair is so gorgeous~" "The set looks cool!", I think most would look at any one aspect of the picture and say that they don't necessarily like any one of the things. I think the thing you could like most about this single is the song itself, if that. 

Mass indifference of something can be worse than general hatred, I think. Because even if some hate it, there are bound to be others that love it. But when no one likes anything, ugh.

Sorry, I just got done writing a paper last night and editing 20 minutes ago, I'm in writing mode. >.>
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I like the video. I can definitely see touches from the director of their early videos.
But um the lines about "I can date who I want" . . . Um, no you can't. Management says you can't date at all. I found them ironic.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Star"]
I like the video. I can definitely see touches from the director of their early videos.
But um the lines about "I can date who I want" . . . Um, no you can't. Management says you can't date at all. I found them ironic.
[/quote]

I got my friend into H!P briefly and that always bothered her- that they constantly sing about love, yet cannot date.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I'd still take this single over another Asian Celebration or Shining Power.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Farrah"]
I'd still take this single over another Asian Celebration or Shining Power.
[/quote]

I second that.